Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Andor Vex's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Don't they already have that?
    Nope, there's only 2 units that have "Expert at hiding in woods" but none get a combat bonus. Nor do the Ranger units (Osgiliath, Athala, Dunedain).

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Balrog View Post
    Concering orc factions:

I understand that the orc factions lack cavalry because they have troll units, but why are the warg-raiders in the evil factions so weak? Even against the lightest cavalry units they expirence many losses and have a weak moral. I find that such big beasts should be more powerful. At least the charge value of wargs should be higher than of most horse cavalry as I imagine wargs jumping an biting at their prey.
    Maybe more different warg raiders would be an improvement, like mounted archers, armored wargs etc.
    Btw, why do they sound like as if they had hooves?

mixed units

What about mixed units of dwarves and men or men an orcs, e.g. as mercernary units?
    I find it funny that Warg riders lose against cheapest human/elf archer army/peasants

Suggestions

1. Maybe recreate Snagas? At the moment they look kinda horrible compared to other orc units, they are like little naked kids with small pants on hehe
    2. Increase slightly their stats, this will help Orc factions so they are not steamrolled with elf units in few turns
    3. Decrease time to rebuild(train) them, at start its pretty hard, since you can only have Snaga skirmishers and archers, it takes 7 turns to wait one to be available. And you need 10 times bigger army to be at balance against other factions
    Last edited by Jin-; January 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Gondor Skins and Models should go back to what you had in 2.0 2.1 version. Because they looked perfect and exactly like the movies. The new skins for the gondor units look nothing like the movies. So until you switch back to the skins in 2.0 version I'll be playing the 2.1 version. I don't think I'm alone on this. Please others agree with me that king kong should release a patch to fix gondors units skins to go back to 2.0 2.1 so it gives the feel of the movies. Otherwise its like your not even playing lord of the rings. and gondor is my favorite . THankyou king kong and those who created the mod lets fix this or I'll be on 2.1 version forever.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Or you could upgrade your soldiers so they look like in the movies. The movies were kinda lore-rape on the armour part so be happy KK put in the armour upgrades that make your units look like in the movies

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@abcdefgh
    nobody force you to play tatw3.1

there seems to be much trouble for some people to play 3.1 because of there personal feelings. if you don´t like the current feature change it to your liking. there´re lot of good tutorials to do so.

I'm going to repeat this again just in case someone mist this, the new generic settlements should be accessible in custom battle.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Just my two cents here, and having played 150+ turns as Gondor. I believe that adding Men-at-arms with pikes from Dol Amroth would be a nice idea, given how cavalry heavy Harad is, and how late Osgiliath Guards and Fountain Guard arrive (I don't especially like the looks of the former, either, but I may be alone in this). They could be available from the beginning of the game, like the Pelargir Marines, and get armour upgrades to keep them combat effective into middle/late game. I understand, though, that people may not like GW models for them (personally I find them very nice), and the concept of a new unit for an already re-worked faction might be a low priority, given how much effort will go to the re-work of other factions.
    Last edited by Sanguinary Guardian; January 15, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

I don't know if this has been mentioned before or in some other forums (the search option isn't really helpful) but I would like to ask why (since 3.1) most cavalry units hold their spears/lances in an angle position and take them down completly when start moving. Not that this is really important for playing and enjoying this mod but it just looked better before

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh View Post
    Gondor Skins and Models should go back to what you had in 2.0 2.1 version. Because they looked perfect and exactly like the movies. The new skins for the gondor units look nothing like the movies. So until you switch back to the skins in 2.0 version I'll be playing the 2.1 version. I don't think I'm alone on this. Please others agree with me that king kong should release a patch to fix gondors units skins to go back to 2.0 2.1 so it gives the feel of the movies. Otherwise its like your not even playing lord of the rings. and gondor is my favorite . THankyou king kong and those who created the mod lets fix this or I'll be on 2.1 version forever.
    you can actually upgrade their armour, so the 2.1 armour is still there you just need to upgrade them
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

May I humbly suggest that KK and other members of the Dev team should take a look at this thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10887250

I love what you guys have done to this game.

on custum battles you can't. But in the campain youre saying when upgrading your units they will end up looking like 2.1 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Benox View Post
    you can actually upgrade their armour, so the 2.1 armour is still there you just need to upgrade them
    So in the campain you can ugrade to the look of 2.1? What about custom battles?

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh View Post
    So in the campain you can ugrade to the look of 2.1? the 2.1 gondor skins should be in custom battles to then. What about custom battles?
    Last edited by Seleukos_I.; January 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Triple-Post

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Was the triple post really necessary? There is an edit button you know.

You can access the armor upgrades in custom battles as well, just as you can in vanilla Medieval 2. The core Gondor troops have two levels of armor upgrades. Partial plate gives them pauldrons, and full plate gives them their proper movie armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrum View Post
    Was the triple post really necessary? There is an edit button you know.

You can access the armor upgrades in custom battles as well, just as you can in vanilla Medieval 2. The core Gondor troops have two levels of armor upgrades. Partial plate gives them pauldrons, and full plate gives them their proper movie armor.
    awesome thanks , Oh and I can't find the edit button thats why I posted more. Thanks though I'll try it out.

I was thinking if the spy/assassin clips could be introduced with custom textures. I realise that's really hard work because of enviroment and motion and faces and everything(maybe the main would be that a Dwarf Assassin just seems disturbing...). Just a suggestion though . I'd love that

Hi! This is my first post so first things first, I love this mod great work everyone!

I've played a lot and my favorite faction is Gondor. I really like a lot of the changes in 3.0 but one thing I don't like is the new model for Gondors heavy units (Gondor Swordsmen, spearmen and cavalry). The chain mail looks awesome and all but I don't really get the feeling that they are the elite troops anymore. I really liked the old full plate armor used in 2.1 and I got a nostalgic feeling playing with them, it reminds me a lot of the movie.

My suggestion is:
    1: Ether use the new model for the militia units and use the old 2.1 model for the elite units.
    2: Make some medium strong new units (something between militia and the elite troops) with the new looks and use the same model as in 2.1 for Swordsmen, spearmen and cavalery.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dzala View Post
    Hi! This is my first post so first things first, I love this mod great work everyone!

I've played a lot and my favorite faction is Gondor. I really like a lot of the changes in 3.0 but one thing I don't like is the new model for Gondors heavy units (Gondor Swordsmen, spearmen and cavalry). The chain mail looks awesome and all but I don't really get the feeling that they are the elite troops anymore. I really liked the old full plate armor used in 2.1 and I got a nostalgic feeling playing with them, it reminds me a lot of the movie.

My suggestion is:
    1: Ether use the new model for the militia units and use the old 2.1 model for the elite units.
    2: Make some medium strong new units (something between militia and the elite troops) with the new looks and use the same model as in 2.1 for Swordsmen, spearmen and cavalery.

Just look few posts above yours...

Hi all. I made an account just for this mod since its so insanely awesome! Didn't start playing since 3.1, but got my friend to buy medieval 2 and kingdoms just for this mod (unfortunately we learned after that you can't use AI in multiplayer, which was suuper lame, but anyway) and we are looking forward to playing around with hotseat campaign.

My question is, is it possible for you guys to make a linear story driven campaign (thats maybe even supported in hotseat? =D). Maybe something focusing on hero units who would fight through certain challenges and would end up becoming leaders of different war groups and so on and so on. It's just something I would love to see. Maybe not the kind of suggestions you where waiting for, but there you go

There is a Fellowship campaign