Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Mau5Warrior's Avatar Foederatus

Icon10 Re: Suggestions

I don't know if this has already been suggested but here goes....

Extra historical battles would add an exciting feature to the game. In the sub-mods section there is already a mod that adds the battles 'Siege of Minas Tirith' and 'Seige of Helms Deep.'

The Last Alliance would be very exciting to play and there are many other battles that would be interesting to play.

This could be epic with 10000+ on the field which would be properly scripted. Making the scenario in custom battle just isn't the same as the AI is unpredictable.

I have tried making a Minas Morgul battle but it completely failed however, I am sure someone would be interested in this and giving it a shot ?
    Follower of the one and only..... Joel Zimmerman

Default Re: Suggestions

Dwarven axethrowers have 0 defence given through their shield (they hold it in a hand) but even 2handed guys who have their shileds on the back have 1 shield defence. It would be nice to see them with some shield defence.
    I also noticed that they have no throwing sound but more an arrow sound, they also act more like archers in the way they throw their axes. Javelineers throw more in a volley than the axetrowers, they have more the delay of archers which makes them less effective compared to javelineers.

I donīt know if both of my suggestions mentioned bugs or if the axethrowers are already fine in your opinion.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Mau5Warrior View Post
    I don't know if this has already been suggested but here goes....

Extra historical battles would add an exciting feature to the game. In the sub-mods section there is already a mod that adds the battles 'Siege of Minas Tirith' and 'Seige of Helms Deep.'

The Last Alliance would be very exciting to play and there are many other battles that would be interesting to play.

This could be epic with 10000+ on the field which would be properly scripted. Making the scenario in custom battle just isn't the same as the AI is unpredictable.

I have tried making a Minas Morgul battle but it completely failed however, I am sure someone would be interested in this and giving it a shot ?
    I could make one but one other custom battle custom settlement should be removed then

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

What about removing Hobbiton? AFAIK noone ever plays it(it might just be me tho)
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Isn't that the village? That would make it impossible to select rams and thus impossible to take Minas Morgul. But I could switch it with Rivendell probably I played hobitton BTW

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    I could make one but one other custom battle custom settlement should be removed then
    Firstly, thanks for the support
    Would it even need removing ? When you use battle editor you can select every possible custom settle like the ones that are not in the custom battle list. So if I am right there is a map at the moment called Mordor. So using battle editor one could actually make 5 armies (High Elves & Arnor Vs Mordor x3). There also could be a 4th Mordor army which would be Sauron alone entering the battle 15-20 mins in and the final challenge kill Sauron ?

I'm going to have a look at this in more detail and see what results I can get.

I have made my submods to include the custom heroes in custom battles. See the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10843827

For the custom settlemnts perhaps could you make a second custom cuylture, or play with the level of fortifications.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Hobitton is the only ing custom settlement I played so GTFO

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    it's true though

Quote Originally Posted by Mau5Warrior View Post
    Firstly, thanks for the support
    Would it even need removing ? When you use battle editor you can select every possible custom settle like the ones that are not in the custom battle list. So if I am right there is a map at the moment called Mordor. So using battle editor one could actually make 5 armies (High Elves & Arnor Vs Mordor x3). There also could be a 4th Mordor army which would be Sauron alone entering the battle 15-20 mins in and the final challenge kill Sauron ?

I'm going to have a look at this in more detail and see what results I can get.
    Yes, you can also make a historical battle but in custom battle people can sect their own armies and such

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Isn't that the village? That would make it impossible to select rams and thus impossible to take Minas Morgul. But I could switch it with Rivendell probably I played hobitton BTW
    Catapults, my friend, catapults...
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Yes, you can also make a historical battle but in custom battle people can sect their own armies and such
    Yes it would be easier if everyone could choose their own armies but I found the AI very unpredictable when I tried. Like all the Mordor armies attacked my ally Arnor but things are never perfect I guess.

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Despite the fact that the mod is far better than most of the current strategy games as it is, and the best based on LotR lore, here I go with some of my suggestions:

1. Generic, faction specific, settlements. IMO, the efforts to create new custom settlements should go in the direction of create villages, towns, cities and citadels, with an specific look for each culture (note I haven't said faction), i.e., Gondor-Arnor could have the same generic custom settlements, same with the evil men(Harad-Rhun), elven factions and the orcish ones (I 'd leave Rohan and Dale with vanilla M2TW settlements for now). Later on we could continue to add specific locations like the Weathertop, Erebor, Lindon, etc. Thus, we could definetly get rid of that 'medieval' feeling forever!!
    2. Rework some factions, or at least, some unitss, specially orc and goblin ones, with better models and textures, like it's been done with HE, Gondor , Dale,.... I'd revamp dwarfs too, but just because they're my favourites
    3. Bring up that fantasy feeling with some fantastic creatures like fellbeast, eagles and dragons. They ,of course, would be rare and expensive. In this point, alreadydead has done a lot of work in his Perillicious creatures submod.
    4. Super special units for some factions. This is a personal like, I know many people will disagree, but I'd love to see Grond on the field, a monster dwarven catapult, chariots for Rhun (or even elephants), Uber trebuchets for Gondor, Ultra-rapid fire ballistas for elves, and many other thing my ill mind can imagine.

Hi thx for great mod and hard work ofc!

Isengard should be really look into! Maybe add put to ally with Rohan at start, because VH/VH campaign is always well, kinda Rohan steamrolls Isengard at first 3-7 turns with unlimited stacks. Maybe ?make? script to break their alliance after certain turns are passed/saruman starts make Uruk Hais.

Also maybe orc factions could use some better texturing, like Human units looks pretty clear and nice, but orcs are more blurry textured
    Last edited by Jin-; January 11, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

It is an old idea from maybe 1.0, but could we make the troll unit a "handler unit" just like the wardog in RTW? I just found this tutorial, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=192389, that explain how to do it. It would be a great addition to vanilla TATW (and stop these stupid troll from climbing on little ladder)

Default Isengard need sappers

i think Isengard as an army lack decent siege equipment they really should get sappers like in helms deep would complete the army i think

maybe a pelargir custom map?

g

http://wiki.lindefirion.net/Pelargir
    Last edited by Benox; January 11, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Icon3 Re: Suggestions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4ei...eature=related

What happend to this idea? I would like to see all units with shields able to from some formation like that.
    That would make the game more difficult for players who rely on archers, but also more challenging and tactical.
    How are the chances for that?

the unit does the animations, but there's no anti-arrow effect , so is quite useless
    Last edited by Benox; January 11, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Don't know whether something has already been suggested or not, but in my opinion the whole "population-thing" should be changed, as it just doesn't fit for Lord of the Rings.

Middle earth does not change in a quick way, and even now with really slowed down population growth, it's too big.

Why isn't the population thing replaced by a "importance"-factor?
    The more important a settlement is for the war, the better it should be.
    So the changes I would do (in the case those are possible):
    - Farming buildings shouldn't increase population, they should reduce recruiting time
    - military buildings increase the importance (displayed as population, as this point will be hardcoded)
    - One Retinue for each settlement, each General can only have one of them (or just not transferable), the bigger the victory of a general, the more importance points are added to his "hometown" (for example: heroic victory + 100 points, average victory + 25, the real balance probably will be bit difficult), and of course defeats will decrease the points.

This would change the gameplay pretty much, but would fit better to LotR.
    As I don't think this will really make it into the main mod, hopefully a sub-modder likes the idea

Multiplayer campaign if that possible is would be great