Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Suggestions

How does one destroy Numenorean stonework?

Fettel88's Avatar Foederatus

Default dwarves balance

Hello first i wish to thanks all people designers and contributors that makes this wonderful mod possible. To all of them thanks you. Actually i’m playing Gondor/Dwarves campaign and i stop playing my mtw 2 campaign cause this mod. I also could play in multiplayer a few times and all factions are most or less balanced.

But not everything is so outstanding to my taste. I wish to discuss dwarves balance in the metagame. Most problems cause their lack of anti-rangers troops. First dale cavalry is not a very tough cavalry also their crossbowman are not match for elite ranger’s armies like elves mass archers.

Could fix those problems with some options:

1) Give dwarves a heavy cavalry with high armor but low attack/charge. Like merchant militia cavalry on medieval 2 total war. This unit would not kill a lot but could hold rangers units in melee due to their high armor and endurance and prevent them from shooting. Also this could be funny to see a real dwarf cavalry like they were learning to ride from dale riders. (Cause that they are a bad riders they would have bad attack/charge but best armor and defenses.

2) Give pavises to their crossbowman so they beat elite rangers units but still worse than elite rangers against others targets.

3) Due to their advanced technologie could make dwarves the only faction with a gunpowder unit. Gunners armed with some kind of muskets that's would be good against nothing but killing archers just like medieval 2. Mostly useless against cav/inf targets. They should have good armors but low defense skill also very slow reload time so they can’t fight cav/inf but archers.

And that's it. Sorry for my bad grammar i know my english suck a bit and farewell to everyone.

Indefinitely Banned

Fix the dwarves so they don't turn huge whenever there's combat animations.

Give Gundabad an evil men unit based on the men of Angmar and have them styled on the ingame Black Numenoreans albeit with white furs.

Jacobim Mugatu's Avatar Foederatus

Personally I think this mod has more than enough content for now, I'm very happy.
    I think that the next release should be focused more on refinement such as faction revamps (like how the HE were tarted up and now look amazing) and making the mod even more stable + bug fixing. Also focussing on more aesthetic changes like custom models for some agents, increased variety of music/sound effects/voices and redoing the faction emblems would be great.
    I'd hate to see this mod become something like a commercially released game where the gaming community just demands more and more content from it in exchange for refinement.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

First, congratulation for your anwesome work, so I think will be to improve the ccurre features before to
    expand. My Suggestions will splitted in two sections:

1. Improvements
    a. Look carefully the sub-mods because you some easy improvements. I thinks about some sub-mods from Baron Samedi compilation and lui Lui-lux heros mod.

I love his concept to give to the player the opportunity to customize his game.

Also, the addition of addition units mod from Agostinos with Addon Units and Heroes Mod from Louis-Lux will be a great improvement.

If it possible, Full arnorian re-emergence must be added.

b. I hope some more generic settlements because I am tired to see agains MTW 2 features and they broke the immersive feature of the game. (Elves village, town and minor city) So, I feel the Gondorian and Arnorian generic settlements will come soon. ( You don't modd gondorian stuff only for Osgiliath)

Brieflly, I also hope some dwarfs, haradrims and Easterlings generic sttlements.
    ( The evil men are not Muslims !!!!!!!)

c. Improve your curre custom settlement. Mainly the defence, because there of there have a weak defenses. There are easier to ake than '' ordinary sttlements and that same illogical)

Unfortunately, I have a big problem with Rivendell because it os impossible to deploy an army. I think you should improve your cuurre concept in wooden fortress city. I remember at the origin Rivendell wasn't an house but refuge-fortress to resist to the shadows from Mordor and Angmar. ( In My game the house of Elrond is always Burninp

d. I think the dwarves are too strong. Why don't to reduce the size of their units to 120 men and reduce the elves betweenn 75 and 100 for the better units. (improve stats if it necessary) In addition, the main goal of the Dwarves is to expansion in mountains not in the grassland of Rhun.
    - I think they need more units from Dale like cavalry and bowmen.

e. I think the main expansion of the Hight Elves must be contrate on Eregion and the mountains Pass because the Elves must be respect the frontieres of the old realm of Arnor and don't cross the Lhun river. (the samething to the dwarves)

f. I think the revamp the Silvan elfs fallow that of their cousins. Afther, that I believe re-developpement of the orc of gundbad ( or the Orcs of misty mountains 2) will be considered because that faction don't have personnality and history, I thind a remaints of angmar or a shadow of angmar will be not impertinent or an Unchronism. (see heir of angmar potential sub mod) (orcs and human faction with trolls and wolves)

e. More mercenaries and Units. I think mordor really need a basic calvary like wolves and warg riders and maybe a medium like black numénorians knight or mercenary from khand. whateever. Maybe somne slaves from Nurn units and human elite units. I think Sauron don't trust the orcs to keep it key points.

f.Also, the addition of a gollum ring finder will be funny. He will travel the map like an agent to refound the ring lol.

g. if is it possible improve the naval activities of the a.i because the sea of middle eath semms too quiet.

most important: agent activities is too low (more spies, asssassins, diplomats and maybe merchants) Human player always does have enought money to recruit the maximum potential of units and it seem ridiculous because without cheat the Gondor army is smaller than Eriador. (give the possibility to play without corruption penalities or gave to player the same bonus than A.I becauses I am bored to have empty city to defend. (maybe give to each simplement a. and bonus garnison script with basic militia like shogun total war and that bonus garnison ewill disapear afther the battle.

2. expansion

a. maybe in far futur if your alive and found the time make up the ver 12 maybe expand the map until the orcanni mountains and add 4 factions to take sauron in the back. (example, eastern dwarves, avari elves, two asiatic inspirations human factions. one evil and one good.

b. add an emergent Dunland faction when Isengard is vainquish ( Isengard Fallen and Saruman is dead)

c. I think a vale of Anduin faction is a majpor forget, I think is an important power of the end of the Third Age and they can full an empty human gap between misty mountains and Mirkwood. (military acces and allied with the silvan elves)

d. addition of some settlements in anduin vale, Rhovanion, Ered Luin (Belegost and Nogrod and maybe a dwarve settlement in the southern part) You could get inspiration from expanded map submod. Perhaps a settlement in Ered Nimrais. Glithering Caverns for a dwarves colony

e. tried to find an achievement to all factions like gondor and arnor to give a super units . Example: silvan elves must rebult their woodland realm( conquer Dol Guldur and fangorn). Dale : contrrol Rhovanion to rebuild that ancient kingdom and get prestige, mordor must conquer middle earth, dwarves their old city of Moria.

f. More custom settlements. here is my sugestions by order of pririty.
    *** rebuil rivendell
    1. Barad-dur
    2. decorrupted version of Minas Morgul, but the futur Minas Ithil of the fouth age
    3. destroyed/rebulded version of Annuminas, Fornost, and Amon sul
    4. Bree
    5. Michel Delving (maybe check lotro online if i see king kong, i will add you in my friend list lol)
    6.Carn-Dum (equilibrate the north and the south)
    7. Mithlond (but it is unnecessary because it is located in a quiet or safe area playing He it is currently boring )
    8. one in Dunland Endnewaith ( Long daer or Tharbad)
    9. Dol amroth
    10.Umbar
    12. one fictive in Rhun
    13. Cirith Ungol

It is unnecessary to create dale, Erebor, thranduild palace, Esgaroth because Billbo the hobbit will bve release in december 2012 and you have a lot of works to do..

So have a good luck and have the bless of free people of middle earth.

* don.t forget to take the dain halls from leo civilis. He done a really ggod job.

I thought this would be awesome if Mordor gets to strong like they have taken all osgilliath and Cair Andros u can call a last alliance against mordor and maybe 1-2 stacks if elite infantry from High elves and Free peoples of Eriador/Arnor plus a few elite Gondorian units..
    "The when Fingon heard afar the great trumpet of Turgon his brother, the shadow passed and his heart was uplifted, and he shouted aloud: "Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered crying: "Auta i lómë! The night is passing!"" (Silmarillion, Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad

Fingon, High king of the Noldor

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

why is Barons' not included in vanilla? I bet 90% of people use it, and those who don't have never tried it.

I am too lazy to make an extra copy of my TATW file and download it so that would help

reavertm's Avatar Biarchus

I have a request, it would be nice if horn of Rohan bodyguards during the charge was the one like in the ROTK movie during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields (starting from 0:03)

But I believe along with existing speciall abilities of Thengel, Theoden and Erkenbrand it would exceed allowed epicness factor for Rohan in TATW..
    Last edited by reavertm; January 08, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Damn, the Rohirrim are so epic

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

The horn start and then the brass kicks in....
    Genius, Howard Shore.
    Aure entuluva!

Spartan777's Avatar Libertus

Well I know this up for debate but I do feel the economy of the game is now a little skewed out of place. It comes to something when I look at the price of the various market upgrades and think 'not right now' I'll build something else. I know this has been mentioned a lot but I still think corruption is too high. It's an endless debate between the highly skilled players who want a challenge and those who want fun but for me, empire building can become a little wearysome with 3.1.

I also don't like the changes made to bodyguard units. They should each be made weaker in battle, but have a cheaper upkeep. I used to like keeping some for city management/building and other for battle as you would in real life. I haven't experimented all that much but alledgedly generals have very little impact on city growth now and for their cost they are not of much use economically.

I still think parts of the map are sparse and could use extra settlements, particularly the north east and north west areas of the map.

There are still some units that bug me a little, such as the Dwarven miners. I just don't think it looks realistic with a massive army bearing swords axes and shields etc and they they are with there mining picks. I mean I wouldn't want to be hit with one but these are the dwarves, the finest metal workers in middle earth (or one of).

Having said all of this though, don't get me wrong I'm loving some of the other changes to the game and it's still the best mod in the history of the world (not the second best as moddb would have us believe )
    Last edited by Spartan777; January 08, 2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typos
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Just being a nitpicker, but some of the Retinue pictures are off like the Drillmaster, which has the generic knight picture (maybe make it a horn?), and a few other that I can't remember off the top of my head.

In Osgiliath there's some broken bridges with are unacessible. If you make them acessible (from the land, of course, not from the river), it would be such a huge improvement on tactic options.

'Tis but a small suggestion, dunno if its simple to make, or impossible, but for sure I'm not the only one who get frustrated when you can't put archers in the bridges to flank river-crossing units.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

You can cross ANDUIN just by walking over it while there are no bridges.
    Nice.
    Actually I would like to see Osgiliath with the only bridge and no other crossings.
    Aure entuluva!

First of all, congrats for your incredible work. We can clearly see, the effort you guys have put on this mod.

I'd like to give some suggestions:
    Eomer should have a portrait based on the LOTR trilogy, like the rest of characters do. I also think he should be have a unique and personalized inbattle character.
    I agree he isn't as big of a character in the original novels. Nevertheless, if you take in consideration the movie trilogy, he is probably Rohan's second most influencial caracter (together with Theoden). Anywyas, having only 1 personalized general isn't enought.

I'd also modify the initial situation between Rohan and Isengard. Playing with Rohan its extremelly easy to solo out Isengard, and once this is done, the game is practically over. Maybe, adding some kind of "Grima control over Edoras", or an initial Isen army sieging Helm's Deep, or boosting Isen heavy infantry...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobim Mugatu View Post
    Personally I think this mod has more than enough content for now, I'm very happy.

I think that the next release should be focused more on refinement such as faction revamps (like how the HE were tarted up and now look amazing) and making the mod even more stable + bug fixing. Also focussing on more aesthetic changes like custom models for some agents, increased variety of music/sound effects/voices and redoing the faction emblems would be great.

I'd hate to see this mod become something like a commercially released game where the gaming community just demands more and more content from it in exchange for refinement.
    You can't honestly claim that there's enough mercs and AoR units as is? There's a paltry amount and you rarely get to see any of them in action, and given how vibrant Middle Earth is I think that more could be squeezed in.

The faction emblems are brilliant as is and don't need any work, the agents are fine too though I'd like to see the inclusion of merchants. In fact thinking about it I'm sure there's something unique that could be done with them, maybe isntead of merchants have them as sort of agents competing over control of the wealth of resources? Iunno, it'd just be nice to see a few more characters on the map.

Music could indeed be given a massive revamp though, for the evil factions the music is just terrible, you can barely hear anything.

I agree about some factions being given an overhaul, like Dale, Eriador and the High Elves got. Gundabad is pretty much screaming for a unique makeover.

Post moved to technical bugs and issues
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; January 09, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

I think that some AOR units may be good as a mercenaries too, for example Pelargir marines, Lossarnach axemen, Blackroot archers ... It would make them more available and noticable in early game.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Right, I've just started a campaign with Rhun for the first time and noticed the Dwarves are actually very weak. (playing VH/H) This is not to brag! I got Uldonavan but then did not bother with Dale for a long time. Instead, I saw quite a large Dwarven stack going for Kugavod and could see of what the army consisted. Some semi melee units, a general and heavy infantry. So, I take most of my starting troops, recruit a few extra units in Rhomen and then besiege the settlement. After a while, they sallied out. I took them out with surprising ease, which was of course because they sallied out, but mostly because they lacked any spearmen or cavalry to counter my heavy cavalry. (Bodyguards)

After that had been taken care of, I took everything, except 1 unit further north to rush the Dwarven castle north. (can't spell that name) I besieged it and both King Dain came running with about less than halve a stack, while Lord Thorin sat inside the castle with a few low tier units. King Dain attacked and in the fight that followed, both King Dain and Lord Thorin died. Again, no spearmen to counter my heavy cavalry which would replenish after the end of the turn as well. To my surprise, the entire Dwarven faction went rogue after that. Are Dain and Thorin the only family members or did Gloin/Gimli others belong to the family tree as well, but got themselves killed? I was so surprised by this event that I lifted the fog of war for a sec and it turned out the Dwarves held 3 provinces in Eriador like usual. (3 standard provinces were apparantly rebel). So, suggestions:
    - Increase the Dwarven family line if it's really just Thorin and Dain now.
    - Give the Dwarves a low tier spear unit. If they already have it, i haven't seen it, which seems strange to me.