Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Different armor upgrade unit textures

Quote Originally Posted by milosh View Post
    Would it be possible in some of the next TATW 3.0 patch releases (3.2 example) to add different unit textures when units have their armor upgraded?

I understand that it's a lot of work, but it doesn't need to be very different from the original "non-upgraded" texture, only a few new colors for example, to be able to differentiate upgraded units on the field.

It would change a battle feelings greatly (at least for me).

Thank you!
    Happy new year!
    If you have the time maybe you could learn texturing and contribute yourself. Retexturing existing units using parts of existing textures isnt that hard and there are tutorials on how to do it on this forum and Im sure the TATW team would be happy to accept good work done if it saves them having to do it themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    If you have the time maybe you could learn texturing and contribute yourself. Retexturing existing units using parts of existing textures isnt that hard and there are tutorials on how to do it on this forum and Im sure the TATW team would be happy to accept good work done if it saves them having to do it themselves!
    Actually that's not a bad idea! And it also gives me a chance to learn some new computer skills.

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Suggestions

it's already suggested by multiple people(including me), but i want to throw this suggestion on the table again:

the protectorates are having a special bond with their protector. the protector can see what the protectorate sees(like spies, or land, and of course watchtowers)
    also they will give units and money(part already implemented, autonomy). they have a trade agreement and alliance with the protector and will automatically join your fight against your enemy's. also they will request things in form of quests.

the non-playable countries/protectorates

the protectorates of gondor are:

- Principality of Dol Amroth (Leader: Prince Imrahil)
    - Principality of Ithilien/Lordship of Emyn Arnen (Leader: Prince Faramir + Éowyn) can be created later in game

Protectorates of Isengard are :

-Dunland/Dunledings (Leader: unknown)

Protectorates of Free peoples of Eriador/Arnor

- The Hobbits/ The Shire (Leader: Frodo Baggins or Samwise Gamgee )

more to come......

PS: later they can make it possible to play these countries

Again.......the new generic settlements, It would be great if they would be playable in custom battle....

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

agreed

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

What about adding a SubmodManager like the one in Stainless Steel?!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

It would be very good!

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

One would be a good event to put Aragorn as heir to the throne of Gondor, so when the conductor to die rather than one of his sons he would become the King

Have customized generic stratmap-settlement-models for all cultures been suggested yet, or are they already planned? I don't mean each town to have a unique settlement model like Minas Tirith, but to redo the current generic models of e.g. Rhun, Dale etc. That would give all towns on the campaign map some more Middle-earth feel.
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; January 02, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Have customized generic stratmap-settlement-models for all cultures been suggested yet, or are they already planned? I don't mean each town to have a unique settlement model like Minas Tirith, but to redo the current generic models of e.g. Rhun, Dale etc. That would give all towns on the campaign map some more Middle-earth feel.
    Dont quote me on it but pretty sure this is planned for future releases. Custom strat maps are probably the most difficult, time consuming, buggy and frustrating thing to mod in ME2TW so I think we can be understanding and give them as long as they want to get them done.

I think the "good" factions are way too powerful. In particular Elves are damn powerful, and orcish/uruk units are weak and not this overnumbered.
    So: increase the power of Isengard and Mordor units. Maybe make the spiders recruitable as they are fearsome.

Unrelatedly: give the Dwarves at least one recruitable low power cavalry. (poney riders ) It is too easy to win by using skirmish, and as Dwarves are quiteslow they never reach you. With some cavalry, at least, they will have a way to hunt your archers down.
    Last edited by KuroKen; January 03, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

War chariots for Rhun plz. It's written in the lore and thus must be included.

"....and out of the East Men were moving endlessly: swordsmen, spearmen, bowmen upon horses, chariots of chieftains, and laden wains." Breaking of the Fellowship, FoTR, Frodo's view from Amon Hen
    Chieftains taking chariots to war, and wains laden down with men at arms and all the panoply of war. There ya go.
    Last edited by TheXand; January 03, 2012 at 05:18 AM.

Foederatus

1. remove Barrack events. In the current version with its low grow, build an recruiting speeds they are obsolete: when they trigger you usually can't build any of the high tier units.

2. remove (or made them moveable) some of the more common ancillarys. it's anoying if one of the 8 slots of your best general is blocked by a veteran warrior o.ä. Also the whole "xy Shield/Sword/armour/banner" things are strange. I can't see a dwarf using an Orkarmor....
    losin
    3. Increase the grow ratio of dwarven crosbowmen. OR include a new unit with enough speed to catch skirmishers (miners could do that).

4. Add some more ancillarys like "horse master" (call it "iron foot" or something like that) for dwarves: they are a bit too slow on campiagn map.

5. would be nice to change the unit limit for rare units from 1.00 to 1.50 or 1.99: simply because that you don't lose some of the "grow" just because you forget to buy the unit exactly at that turn when it is "full"
    Vae victis!

Quote Originally Posted by milosh View Post
    Would it be possible in some of the next TATW 3.0 patch releases (3.2 example) to add different unit textures when units have their armor upgraded?

I understand that it's a lot of work, but it doesn't need to be very different from the original "non-upgraded" texture, only a few new colors for example, to be able to differentiate upgraded units on the field.

It would change a battle feelings greatly (at least for me).

Thank you!
    Happy new year!
    A possible solution is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513030

Indefinitely Banned

Bring back the Hillmen unit for Gundabad. They're only available in custom battles atm and have been removed from the campaign.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

So what, who plays OoG campaigns
    Last edited by lolIsuck; January 03, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    What about adding a SubmodManager like the one in Stainless Steel?!
    The greatest suggestion ever

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    War chariots for Rhun plz. It's written in the lore and thus must be included.

Chieftains taking chariots to war, and wains laden down with men at arms and all the panoply of war. There ya go.
    I have been suggesting the same thing year ago. The odds:
    1. The creators do not like the idea very much.
    2. ~50% of the community gets really outraged by the idea.
    3. M2TW engine is not very charriot friendly. There were charriots in some mod and they had crooked animations (horses do not turn, they look like they were combined solid to the charriot, which turns itself).
    4. The creator of Rhun models was said to make a condition that noone will ever add charriots to it.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Alreadyded adds them in his submod I thought

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    That´s one of my favourite factions... bashing arnor/eriador is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

Rero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Bad post.

Adding the pulling bowstring animations for all archers.
    Emi master race!
    TheIncendiaryPig