Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Gilthanus's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthanus View Post
    Something minor to add to the patch, could the requirements for rebuilding Osgiliath be added to the lore books just as an FYI for new players; the Arnor reunification requirements could also be added to the lore book for Bree or Annúminas.

Re: the insturctions for the reunification of Arnor, can the regions required be named either by region name or city name rather than both (please apply to other similar faction quests).
    eg: Swanfleet to North Arthedain & Breeland to Mitheitel OR Tharbad to Arthilm & Bree to Hoarwell.

Also, spelling error for the "Major(Mayor?) of Bree" ancillary?
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentGB View Post
    Also the requirements for reunited kingdom for gondor?
    You can reunify Gondor ?!

Hmm, in addition to adding the requirements to the lore books could a pop up come up at turn 1 for the factions that have these sort of additional quests too please.

The "Stainless Steel" mod has several options during installation that are easily changed (Real Recruitment, permanent watchtowers, etc). Now I was thinking, if you made it optional to turn on the garrison script or any other AI-helping/player detrimental scripts, then hardcore players would still have their super difficult campaign but players new to the game could turn these things off so that they don't get annihilated super early on. This way, both parties get what they want. Noobs could turn off the harder features, veterans could turn everything on, and others could find a happy medium.

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

After trying Campaign's with Rhun, Isengard, Free People of Eriador, as-well as playing for half an hour to an hour as every other faction and a total of 25-30 hours played I really enjoy the mod. As for my suggestions its more based on the diplomatic side of the game... I understand that the mod follows the lore and story of lord of the rings but there must be some lee way in that here and there xD anyways here is a few idea's sorry if its not what your looking for.

1. I wish that the "good guys" (Gondor, Rohan, Dwarves, ect) were able to call a Crusade as-well... just how in the original game or Stainless steel the Muslims call a Gihad and Christians call a crusade I think that would add more speed to the game.

2. I wish there were more nations playable and possibly non playable to be diplomatic with. maybe some that are neutral in the conflict much again like stainless steel there's the Christians then the Muslims then all those neutral nations to the east not on a side. I found that I had the most fun playing as Free people of Eriador due to the fact they were only at war with the rebels when the game starts. I was able to ally with Isengard declare war on Orcs of Gundabad and keep the Dwarves at bay (who I plan to declare war on to give me more access to the coast.) When I played as anyone else as far as diplomacy went all I did was walk around and ask for map and trade rights... which some what bored me.

3. The map feels insanely small to me I'm not sure how many territories there are but I wish there could be more (would be a must if you added more factions) or if there were more nations you wouldn't feel you had to own half the map to be a big nation. (like in Napoleon total war if you own Italy you feel like a big nation lol.)

4.More buildings, units for each faction (some cheaper buildings) reuse some units like some one previously said... It would be cool if some factions had a few of the same units.

5. make controlling a waterfront more of a benefit. I guess make navy just some what a bigger part of the game if possible.

all in all I guess my suggestions is more like take the best of stainless steel and the best of TATW I feel like it would make the mod feel more like I'm really controlling my nation and doing what I want rewriting the book in a sense rather then just following in the steps of the book. Anyways I wrote allot sorry lol.

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

me personally, i have a a problem with the ai. every time i capture a settlement and give it to an ally (ex gundabad to dwarves, eregion to HElves), they dont garrison it, even if they have troops nearby, and have too high of taxes (i assume, since i test out the settlements by exiting all units and putting the settlement on growth). this results in revolt anfter revolt of my hard won territories to rebels.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthanus View Post
    You can reunify Gondor ?!

Hmm, in addition to adding the requirements to the lore books could a pop up come up at turn 1 for the factions that have these sort of additional quests too please.

Well Gondor gets the option to get Aragon, with the possibility of reforging the reunited kingdom, but ive forgottin the conditions lol, the reason i was subtly asking mabey add the conditions for this too, as mention with the similar events for other factions. I know Arnor as to be forged, as one of the condtions, but forgottin the rest
    Last edited by AgentGB; December 22, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

There is no Reunited Kingdom feature as far as I know.

Indefinitely Banned

im probably just going mad, but im sure ive actually forged reunited kingdom in 2.1? Arnors lands become yours, and its armys disappear, so your lumbered with an extra 13 settlement or somthing and no troops in any, on the opposite side of middle earth, i pretty much didn't bother after that, but thought i would try for 3.1, but now im seriously doubting myself, may just be getting confused with arnor....

That might have been a submod. I seem to remember seeing something like that in the submods section at some point.

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

It is alrdy in baron samedi's mod you fools!

Borussia Dortmund fan

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    I have a small suggestion, change the snow top mountain texture, the shadows just don't look right.
    If we started talking about snow, I think the climate map should be seriosuly re-made. Currently, iirc, the whole Gondor is covered in snow in winter, what was never the case according to Tolkien. Also, Lothlorien should be made free of snow regardless of season. Just some examples of changes required. I might make some research on the subject if the decision is to be made by KK
    Last edited by Beregond; December 23, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

sebsebseb1234's Avatar Tiro

In 3.0 I saw a A.I. factions losing some of their home regions to rebels, for example the dwarves lost a settlement in the Ered Luin to rebels, because there was a revolt i think the A.I should get a bonus to puplic order. So that those thinks doesent happen anymore.

Also i think there schould be a new model for the elven ports, they simply doesnt fit to the cities
    And Gondor Cav should have the same shields as the Gondor Infantry that way they would look 10x more awesome
    Last edited by sebsebseb1234; December 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Jesus was nailed at the cross, Thor has got a hammer. Any questions?

Less scripts to reduce lag would be great
    I Had to remove The palantir and Germanicu5 scripts.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SeizeVictus View Post
    Less scripts to reduce lag would be great
    I Had to remove The palantir and Germanicu5 scripts.
    That probably has more to do with your computer's performance then the mod

Hi, just a little suggestion : is there a way to add all custom settlements for custom battles (even generic ones?)? I know cutom settlements are mainly designed for the campaign, and i find it is too bad, because battles in settlements (like minas morgul, weathertop) are rare in a campaign and even if i save the game before the assault, it is always the same armies after all... in summary i am asking for more fun in ALL custom settlements.
    Thank you for answeing me!

PS : sorry if it has already been asked..
    And of course TATW 3.0 is really really great!!!

Well, generic settlements should be playable if you just select the required culture and size I guess

there is no possibility to choose orc culture or eleven culture, so there are just "normal" generic settlements and evil men generic settlements.

Option (let me stress option) to play rebels in a specific starting area (evil men of the OOG or maybe the hobbitts or some other race not in the lore but created by all the talented people who work on this mod) and work the new faction into the grand scheme of the game. Perhaps start with a few of the rebel settlemetns all close by and a faction leader and heir and a small army. Choose a lore appropriate name based on region/culture/race, even pick a banner/color scheme for your lands/troops etc.

I have not played 3.1 yet! So I'm not sure if this might be in there, but perhaps a new diplomacy option for allies to take up group quests that would be mutually beneficial, like a coalition army with a set of objectives against a mutual enemy.

Wait, you mean minifactions? They're not there, would be a cool addition but it needs you to alter some scripts too. If you want the Shire as a minifaction you'd need to alter the eriador/arnor script. You of course also need new factions. Also, the AI doesn't handle stuff like that very well, you'll get wars between the Shire and Eriador and the hobbits might start expanding and stuff like that

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Mattack57 View Post
    there is no possibility to choose orc culture or eleven culture, so there are just "normal" generic settlements and evil men generic settlements.
    That's because of some very strange hardcoded limit. Elven culture is actually renamed greek culture and greek is some strange hardcode culture. It can have it's own portraits UI and also settlements, but those don't work in custom battle. The same for the orcs, they are using east european culture. You also couldn't select eastern european or greek culture in custom battles in vanilla M2TW

I think some new unique Orc models (war paint and different armour etc) for each unit in a evil faction for each evil faction, and to give the evil factions a more disorganized look some them having different looking weapons for example a Orc spear man unit would have Orcs with long crude looking two handed axes as well as normal spears. Orc Raiders armed with crude looking diffident types of axes, and diffident types of crude looking swords, and maybe even maces if they fit into Lore.

Haven't played this game in awhile but I think it needs more mercenaries (some you can only get if your a certain faction and area) and usually cost twice as much as upkeep than your normal units. Harad and Rhûn can get a small number of Orc mercenaries, in Isengard you can get Battle Troll mercenaries for 3000 upkeep (Maybe a little) every 20 years. Gondor able to buy Harad mercenaries. As Orcs of the Misty Montians you can get non goblin cheap Orc mercenaries but not as cheap as your normal units, and very strong (but not as strong as Isengard's Uruk Hai) but so numerous heavy armoured sword Uruk Hai (better than your best Goblin unit) each costing 900 upkeep only every 10 years.

A new Lumber Camp building for Evil Orc factions which give 1000 gold which only be built in rich Forest areas. With 3 upgrade Small Lumber Camp costs 1500 to build and gives 500 gold each turn, Large Lumber Camp costs 3000 to build but gives 1500 gold, Lumber Camp Complex (more than one Lumber Camp) costs 5000 gold but gives 3500 gold each turn.

Minas Tirith to have a dozen or so non unit (towers) trebuchets to rain hell on the attacker as they approach the city, making the attacker to must have a truly massive army to be only able to take it. I haven't downloaded it yet, but is there another gate for a ram to bash through wall in upper Minas Tirith?
    Last edited by Rush; December 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM.