Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: You what I would like to see....

well,I would totaly love Variag archers and spearmen (they are now only rebels,I think) as part of Rhun roster

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jaldithas View Post
    well,I would totaly love Variag archers and spearmen (they are now only rebels,I think) as part of Rhun roster
    But at least they are on the game, I think adding a few more units for them would be great, on horse maybe?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

There are Variag Horsearchers already. I'd like to see new dwarves, these old ones has been here forever
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

sorry i mean on horse with sword, should have clarified. Agree on the Dwarves.

Lossoth Heavy Armour Appearance
    Mammutti Armour
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lossoth Light Armour Appearance
    Ajokoira Armour
    Hoary Aurochs Robe

Lossoth Medium Armour Appearance
    Leijona Armour

Last edited by Seleukos_I.; December 28, 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Spoilers

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

OMG, thats lore rape
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Arctic Trapper

LOL just though they look cool that's all LOL

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

If only TATW was made in the 70s... By ABBA...

THIS^

Default Re: Suggestions

Mhaedros: How can you tell they are coded so that porting is impossible?

Kheizzer: Well, if law buildings require you to recruit lawyers, then the end result with corruption does not really surprise me even if you built them in Gondor or elvel realm. No honorable Dunadan nor elf would agree to become a lawyer so your law buildings have to recruit staff from Mordor or any place where there are still Black Numenoreans left . (just kidding)
    Last edited by Cybernaut; December 28, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

ETW/NTW/S2TW don't have the ability to modify the map for one so that already breaks it, there are probably more limitations too

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I hope the focus of the next patch will be new settlements cause the mod is pretty much close to perfection. Maybe a rework of the silvan elves since high elves has been reworked and I would really like to see proper models for the characters like Denethor, etc. As I once said the perfect version would include FROME's stuff but it will probably never happen.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Well, LL said he would do silvans too so that's pretty much covered.
    Only rework I would like to see is some more attention on orc factions

The Rammas Echor is driving me nuts.

I really think that the Rammas Echor (the great wall that surrounds Minas Tirith) is not working any better in version 3.1 than it did in 2.1.

Here are some suggestions which might make it work better:

The Rammas Echor should have a new wall added to it. The new wall would run east of the port from the river and connects with the main wall, thereby preventing any army from passing between the wall and the river.

The north and east gates of the Rammas Echor should be made into settlements, preferably castles. The Northgate would have all the territory north to north-east of the Rammas Echor, with the Eastgate covering the rest of the territory east to the river. The Southgate would remain unchanged.

Mau5Warrior's Avatar Foederatus

I just loaded up the game and watched the intro video whilst texting and thought how about an updated intro ?

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the current one, but this was first created for version 1.0 a couple of years ago and as the mod has advanced to 3.1 I think a brand new one which could highlight Osgiliath etc would make this already beautiful mod even more amazing. Just a suggestion
    Follower of the one and only..... Joel Zimmerman

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I think here should be a city there:

This place on the strat map is completly empty and inutile, just wasted terrain, no one comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

This place on the strat map is completly empty and inutile, just wasted terrain, no one comes here.

Ok, we'll remove the peninsula for 3.2. Just cut it off....since it's useless.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

There is a expanded map for MOS that adds a town there. It will probably be part of the next MOS.

funny I was thinking the same thing, there is also a small island that i thought could use a settlement, would need a boat to reach it

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

that region was anyway pretty depopulated in the lore

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Default Revamps for a lot of factions (suggestions)

Hello everyone,

I myself am a big fan of many events that could influence the gameplay of a faction, as long as they seem fair. Best example I can think of is the option to re unite the old kingdoms of Arnor and Gondor after fullfilling many conditions. I was hoping we could see this for more factions. This would lead to a "deeper" and more complicated campaign than fighting off AI stacks, rushing and tricking AI opponents and after a while, conquering settlement after settlement.

I would like to suggest the following fusion/revamps; all with the extended map that was included in MOS for 2.1 for balance issues.

The Dwarves

The Dwarves start of as two factions. The Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain and The Dwarves of Ered Luin. (The Dwarven provinces east of the Misty Mountains and the Dwarven provinces west of the Misty Mountains will simply be seperated.) In order to unite under one banner, the following objectives must be met:

For the Dwarves of Ered Luin:
    - Gundabad, the old Dwarven city, must be re taken.
    - The faction "Orcs of Gundabad" must be destroyed.
    - Moria, the old Dwarven capital, must be re taken.
    - Moria must be made a citadel and "Durin's seat" must be rebuild.

possible rewards:
    - Khazad Dum units (new AOR units, old AOR units unlocked latest tier of units unlocked)
    - Option to have the Dwarven factions fuse into one.

Extra objective:
    - Conquer Dol Guldur to re take Thrall's Ring. Getting it will gain the faction a mining income boost.

For the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain:
    - The faction "Orcs of the Misty Mountains" must be destroyed.
    - Moria, the old Dwarven capital, must be re taken.
    - Moria must be made a citadel and "Durin's seat" must be rebuild.
    - Conquer Dol Guldur to re take Thrall's Ring. Getting it will gain the faction a mining income boost.

possible rewards:
    - Khazad Dum units (new AOR units, old AOR units unlocked latest tier of units unlocked)
    - Option to have the Dwarven factions fuse into one.

Optional objective:
    - Re take the old city Dwarven city Gundabad to unlock a new AOR unit.

Silvan Elves

The faction of the Silvan Elves will be split into two factions as well. The Woodland Realm and the Galadhrim.

For the Woodland Realm:
    - Must be allied with Dale and the Dwarven factions.
    - The Large Mallorn Tree must be rebuild in Amon Lanc (former Dol Guldur) to drive the evil out of Mirkwood for good.
    - Conquer Dol Guldur. All Mirkwood provinces must be under Woodland Realm or Galadhrim control.

possible rewards:
    - Mirkwood units (new AOR units, old AOR units unlocked latest tier of units unlocked)
    - Option to have the Galadhrim and Woodland realm factions fuse into one.

Optional objective:
    - Take Beorn's Halls will result in any general receiving Lembas as ancillary since the production can be increased. Maybe Beorn could be unlocked as a reward as well.

For the Galadhrim:
    - Must be allied with High Elves and the Dwarven factions.
    - The Large Mallorn Tree must be rebuild in Amon Lanc (former Dol Guldur) to drive the evil out of Mirkwood for good.
    - Conquer Dol Guldur. All Mirkwood provinces must be under Woodland Realm or Galadhrim control.
    - Moria must be owned by a good faction.

possible rewards:
    - Mirkwood units (new AOR units, old AOR units unlocked latest tier of units unlocked)
    - Option to have the Galadhrim and Woodland realm factions fuse into one.

Optional objective:
    - Take Beorn's Halls will result in any general receiving Lembas as ancillary since the production can be increased. Maybe Beorn could be unlocked as a reward as well.

Rohan and Dale

Despite having realms located far from each other, these kingdoms share the same heritage and might seek to rebuild the old Kingdom of Rhovanion eventually. It will definately be (relatively) hard to archieve, but the rewards might be all the sweeter. This suggestion might hurt Loremasters a lot though.

Somewhere further down, I will (re-) suggest my Isengard/Dunland revamp which would also lead to Rohan being without a direct opponent from the start. Of course they will still get in war with Isengard, but that will be later in the campaign. Rohan will have the option to assist Gondor in its wars against Mordor/Harad but could also distract the common enemies by invading the Brown Lands and harrassing Rhun.

Rohan:
    - Must be allied with both Gondor and Dale.
    - Dol Guldur, Tirith Thoron, Rhovanost, Uldonavan and the home provinces of Dale, Esgaroth, Dorwinion, Edoras, the Hornburg and Gineard must be under Rohan or Dale controle.
    - The faction Rhun must be destroyed.
    - Rhovanost must become a large city and the "Tomb of Kings" must be rebuild.

Dale:
    - Must be allied with both the Dwarves and Rohan.
    - Dol Guldur, Tirith Thoron, Rhovanost, Uldonavan and the home provinces of Dale, Esgaroth, Dorwinion, Edoras, the Hornburg and Gineard must be under Rohan or Dale controle.
    - The faction Rhun must be destroyed.
    - Rhovanost must become a large city and the "Tomb of Kings" must be rebuild.

Rewards:
    - The two factions will become one. Possible name: "Rhovanion".
    - Rhovanion units. I would like to suggest a new tier of units since this will be hard to unlock.
    - Armor upgrade.

Other possibilities:

To counter these "fusions", the evils might need one as well. Also, I got some other suggestions but like them to a lesser extend.

Orcs of the Misty Mountains and the Orcs of Gundabad fuse into a faction. Possible names: "Angmar", "Northern Orcs", "Horde of the Mountains".

The High Elves could be split into "Rivendell" and "Lindon".

I don't see Harad and the Easterlings fuse into a faction, but it is possible in theory.

Isengard and Dunland:

(taken from the suggestion topic)

I'm not completely up to date on the exact dates of the important events, so bear with me. As far as I know, the game starts not too long after the last White Counsil. Also, I believe Saruman was the one that started to search for the One Ring first while he deceived all other parties it was lost forever. Sauron himself found out the truth of the One Ring much later after he captured Gollum.

I would suggest to have Isengard start out like in MOS for 2.1 (last version of MOS I played) which includes Dunland which was a real country back then and not yet under the influence of Isengard. Isengard starts out with friendly relationships with Gondor, the Elves, Rohan and no good faction would ever dream of attacking Isengard. The Evil factions will leave Isengard alone as well since they are well aware that Saruman is plotting against the Free People of Middle Earth already. Contact with the Dark Lord had already been established by the use of the Palantir. While wars around Middle Earth start to erupt, Isengard will be left alone for now. (The player will have to turtle to play as Isengard)

While the other factions are busy with fighting war, including Dunland, Isengard is trying to archieve its own goals in secret. For example, Isengard will seek properties (provinces) along the Anduin. Saruman knew the One Ring faded out of knowledge there and thus seeks to expand his power there. The moment Isengard takes two provinces alongside the northern parts of the Anduin (might have to implent a script to prevent AI factions from taking all settlements there), Isengard will be shown the location of the One Ring.

Steps to power for Saruman:

First step: Obtain knowledge of the One Ring.

Second step: Obtain approval of the Dark Lord. Get an alliance with Mordor and Dunland. Isengard will be a faction that can maintain two faces to the outside world, so their allies won't "know" of Isengard's alliance with others. The alliances with Gondor, the Elves and Rohan remains intact for now.

Third step: Build an army, worthy of Mordor. Build "the great furnace" in Isengard, which allows the recruitment of Uruk units. (Similar building like "the Great Bridge for Gondor) and start the recruitment of an army to overrun Rohan.

Fourth step: Gain a foothold in Rohan. Before the war with Rohan and the other Free People can start, you see if you can weaken Rohan before the war even starts. Bribe Grima wormtongue or have him "killed" with an assassin (A grima wormtongue in Isengard's service will spawn immediately after if you kill him). The Authority of the King of Rohan will be undermined greatly and Rohan will suffer a financial penalty. Rohan won't attack you back for ten turns after you declare war on them.

Fifth step: "There will be no dawn, for men." You can now declare war on "allies" without sending a diplomat to break the alliance. Start the war with Rohan.

Sixth step: "Burn every village!" AI Dunland will join your faction the moment you take Gineard, Adorn and Derwath and call for an invasion on the Hornburg. In case these settlements are already under Dunland's control or if the Hornburg is already yours, these conditions are already met.

Seventh step: "There is only one Lord of the Ring and he does NOT share power." Get the ring in your possession and give it to Saruman. Isengard as a whole gains a massive economical bonus, it will be able to recruit all available "evil mercenary units" and it will have a monopoly on calling invasions. No evil faction may declare war on Isengard, unless Isengard declares war on that faction.

Also for Mordor, have them look for the One Ring as well, by trying to track down Gollum. They need to take Beorn's halls (the area Isildur died) and Amon Gastal to receive word of where Gollum currently resides. The moment he is found, he can be captured by "assassinating him", making the Gollum agent in the map disappear and become a ancillary of the Assassin that killed him. (In other words, gollum was captured) After, Gollum needs to brought back to Barad Dur. After three turns of torture, Gollum will disclose the location of the One Ring and Mordor can start the hunt on the Ringbearer.

Last edited by FC Groningen; December 29, 2011 at 04:51 AM.