Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions

Lorewise Lorien and the Woodland Realm could be separate factions. Celeborn and Galadriel ruled Lorien without anything to do with Thranduil. About Rhun and Harad, one cannot be sure if they are descendants from Ulfang, or another house that didnt come to Beleriand. Personally I like the later more, but thats just me. The easterlings where divided into loads of tribes, the balcoth, the wainriders, the variags(khand) etc. All haradrim arent called trollmen, but there was some kind of trollmen from Harad
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

You are right, but FRoME it is.

I wanted to write about their tribes but don't know how to spell the one... balthlocth
    I read somewhere in books that actually, when Numenoreans came to Middle-Earth after the fall of Numenor, they formed United Kingdom of Dunedain which was divided in two:
    1. Arnor - High King Elendil
    2. Gondor- which was split into two - Ithil Kingdom and Anor Kingdom and both capitol was Osgiliath. Isildur ruled Ithil and Anarion ruled Anor. Gondor was split into these until Sauron returned and captured Minas Ithil. I got nice ideas about these but I've got headache right now so I can't think normally so I will post those tomorrow.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Leaderofgood View Post
    You are right, but FRoME it is.

I wanted to write about their tribes but don't know how to spell the one... balthlocth
    I read somewhere in books that actually, when Numenoreans came to Middle-Earth after the fall of Numenor, they formed United Kingdom of Dunedain which was divided in two:
    1. Arnor - High King Elendil
    2. Gondor- which was split into two - Ithil Kingdom and Anor Kingdom and both capitol was Osgiliath. Isildur ruled Ithil and Anarion ruled Anor. Gondor was split into these until Sauron returned and captured Minas Ithil. I got nice ideas about these but I've got headache right now so I can't think normally so I will post those tomorrow.
    Gondor was never split up like that. Minas Ithil and Minas Anor were just two important city/fortresses in the Kingdom of Gondor, which was ultimately under the High King's control. Anarion ruled in Islidur's place while he was up north, then his heirs ran the Kingdom separate from Arnor after Sauron was defeated.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Actually it was ONE dunedain kingdom with High King Elendil on the throne, while the southern part, Gondor was had the brothers, Low Kings() Isildur and Anarion. The Ithil and Anor kingdoms are lore rape. After the death of Elendil and Anarion, Isildur became high king, and traveled to Arnor, the northern part. He was killed on the way and Elendilmir was lost. Isildurs only living son became king of Arnor and Valandil, eldest living son of Anarion became first king of Gondor.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Gondor was never split up like that. Minas Ithil and Minas Anor were just two important city/fortresses in the Kingdom of Gondor, which was ultimately under the High King's control. Anarion ruled in Islidur's place while he was up north, then his heirs ran the Kingdom separate from Arnor after Sauron was defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Actually it was ONE dunedain kingdom with High King Elendil on the throne, while the southern part, Gondor was had the brothers, Low Kings() Isildur and Anarion. The Ithil and Anor kingdoms are lore rape. After the death of Elendil and Anarion, Isildur became high king, and traveled to Arnor, the northern part. He was killed on the way and Elendilmir was lost. Isildurs only living son became king of Arnor and Valandil, eldest living son of Anarion became first king of Gondor.
    Yes, that's what I meant. It was one kingdom(hmm how to say this) "two regions", Arnor and Gondor, Northern and Southern. Elendil's sons, Anarion and Isildur ruled Gondor as "stewards" of Elendil. After Last Alliance, Isildur went to Arnor to take his rule as High-King as he was oldest and one remaining child of Elendil. He gave his helmet to heir of Anarion as crown and gave them control of Gondor, but they must still be united. After Isildur's death those became two kingdoms. And about Ithil and Anor, hmmm, I meant of them more like Dukedoms For example: There is one big empire, so Emperor decides to divide his kingdom and gives rule to some nobles. Divide and rule. Like Croatia when it was in Austro-Hungarian empire, it had bans(or ban) who ruled Croatia in the name of Emperor. Croatian Council and Ban were "canceled" when Emperor wanted absolute power.

EDIT: Silmarillion, Of Ring of Power and the Third age
    U Minas Ithilu bijaše kuća Isildurova, a u Minas Anoru kuća Anarionova, no oni podijeliše kraljestvo među sobom, a svoja prijestolja postaviše jednu uz drugo u Velikoj Dvorani Osgiliatha
    What means
    House of Isildur was in Minas Ithil, and in Minas Anor House of Anarion was, then they shared kingdom among themselves, and they placed their thrones side by side in Great Hall of Osgiliath
    What do you say about that? sorry for bad translation
    Last edited by Leaderofgood; December 29, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    It's just a technicality, but I had thought that there were two Kingdoms, Arnor and Gondor, from the start, and they were initially ruled in a personal union by Elendil? Doesn't really make much difference either way of course.

And about Ithil and Anor, hmmm, I meant of them more like Dukedoms For example: There is one big empire, so Emperor decides to divide his kingdom and gives rule to some nobles. Divide and rule. Like Croatia when it was in Austro-Hungarian empire, it had bans(or ban) who ruled Croatia in the name of Emperor. Croatian Council and Ban were "canceled" when Emperor wanted absolute power.
    Well we know Gondor in the Third Age was divided into a number of fiefdoms (and presumably followed a basic Medieval feudal system), but back in the Second Age it was never divided into Anor and Ithil kingdoms. Islidur and Anarion ruled jointly over Gondor, and I would presume beneath them would be a number of Governors/Duke/Lords over each region, likely similar to the Lords in later times.

Yes! That is what I meant! I'm Croatian so I don't know every english word well, so I didn't know how to say it. I meant that Gondor was ruled by two kings, Anarion and Isildur.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by killersmurf View Post
    Oh really? There isn't even an expanded map for 3.0/3.1 yet and there will certainly be no in the next MOS. Maybe in the MOS after that or at least an optional version if an expanded map has been made
    Quote Originally Posted by aequitaz View Post
    Actually I've been talking to Il Ducce and he will (probably) release an expanded Map for 3.0. If the expanded map and MOS are 3.0 ready I will try to merge them (only if Il Ducce doesn't want to ).
    Im just mentioning because of Aequitaz's post. Anyway, I do hope we will have an expanded map.

Campidoctor

Yes! That is what I meant! I'm Croatian so I don't know every english word well, so I didn't know how to say it. I meant that Gondor was ruled by two kings, Anarion and Isildur.
    No worries, it was most likely a translation issue. I've just read your edit from your copy of the Silmarillion, and I guess there is a slight mistranslation in there too. Gondor was not split up between the brothers, but ruled jointly by both, with their homes - when not in Osgiliath, in the two cities.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Is it possible to change the strat model of cities during a campaign?

If for example I'm playing as Gondor and capture a Mordor settlement and I want to fully "convert" it to my own faction. Could you introduce a building, like it was used to convert castles, in order to change the model?

Personally I would love such a feature. What do you think?

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Is it possible to change the strat model of cities during a campaign?

If for example I'm playing as Gondor and capture a Mordor settlement and I want to fully "convert" it to my own faction. Could you introduce a building, like it was used to convert castles, in order to change the model?

Personally I would love such a feature. What do you think?
    Upgrade the settlement while you can.
    If it's fully upgraded, most likely no.
    Until someone come up with a submod that can let you convert the settlements around.
    Aure entuluva!

I have a little suggestion too. Is it possible to intergrate Cair Andros as it is in Historical Battle into the TA Campainng? I don't know if it already is . But I think this should be an easier task because the unique settlement and the textures for it do already exist.
    And please please please could remove the landbridges over Anduin or near the river near Tharbad.
    It would fit into the lore because in LOTR rivers were hard cuts into landscape. Anduin with only three passable sections in the south made it possible for Gondor to hold ground angainst Mordor and Harad. Also should it be possible two blockade the landbridge in Ethir Anduin. In my opinion is gondor one of the hardest factions to play beacause the hav to deal with the very aggressiv haradrim and the ever stronger growing mordor.
    If somebody posted this before excuse me. I wish all of u a happy new year 2012....

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

happy new year and a good 2012 everyone!!!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

It's like a bit too soon

Damn.. I am playing the Mod with Dale and I really liked it so far. As recommended I play on Very Hard/Very Hard, which I always used to in all the other Kingdoms Mods and the Maingame itself. But this time... it's really getting annoying...
    I mean I rly like it if the difficulty challenges me but I get nothing but overrunned by Rhun.. I play every Battle myself and most of the time I succed even if Rhuns armies have two times more men. Still they just continue coming at me with thousands and thousands of troops while I can barely afford two full-stacked armies without getting fully bankrupt.
    I heard that there is this setting where KI-Factions never really are out of gold, but seriously, is that meant to be soooo hard? I thought I'm pretty good in this game!

Icon14 Different armor upgrade unit textures

Would it be possible in some of the next TATW 3.0 patch releases (3.2 example) to add different unit textures when units have their armor upgraded?

I understand that it's a lot of work, but it doesn't need to be very different from the original "non-upgraded" texture, only a few new colors for example, to be able to differentiate upgraded units on the field.

It would change a battle feelings greatly (at least for me).

Thank you!
    Happy new year!

Maybe King Kong and co can think about enabling the new generic settlements in custom battle, that would be great if they can.

Default Re: Different armor upgrade unit textures

For certain units, particularly those of gondor, this is already in- look at the gondor archers, infantry and spearmen for this.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Well, making visible armour upgrades is quite a lot of work but I'm sure it will be done

My suggestions.
    General suggestions:

1: Include retinues, traits, triggers and events from the Rule Britannia mod(If they can be incoporated/made to fit into the world of Middle earth without problems)

2: How about allowing some factions to be able to build a building where they can recruit mercs on top of whom they find in the "wilds"?

3: Galadhrim/Mirkwood as seperate factions

4: Umbar and Khand as it's own factions((Would be neat with Khand chariots/ Umbar specific buccaner units))

5: A description on what the elven sculptors guild/dancers guild does or make those buildings a prerequsite for another building

6: Turn off the age script, All eves and some characters are age-wise immortal, dwarves and some others live way over one hundred years and as for orcs and humans they would be that one in a million exceptional individual or old experiment of Morgoth/Sauron in the case of orcs.

7: Have more bandits/beasts appear that do more then waylay/ambush but also attack settlements

8: Kings purse is dependent on the faction leaders authority hence 1000 per each authority point

Isengard suggestions:

1: Have Isengard start allied to Rohan and have a scripted event happen between turn 40-48 called say "The true colour of Saruman" in which will the alliance will be shifted to war but you get one or two full army(ies) of random mixes of fighting uruks, reavers, crossbow uruks, pike uruks, warg riders, Dunlending vets, and berserkers.

2: Give the pike uruk unit the same defense from armour that the equaly armoured crossbow/sword uruks have. Sword/crossbow uruks have 8 from armour, pike has 5

3: Two more starting heroes, Lurtz(raider) and Sharku(warg rider)

4: (Radical suggestion) Have Saruman be a single unit based on the elephant model and give him the "Greek fire thrower" ranged weapon plus giving him quite a bit of hit points, attack and defense, could be a representation of a fallen but powerful wizard roused to full anger and using all the power at his disposal.

5:Have the Dunlending settlement Byrig start with barracks

6: More Dunlending units such as archers, light riders, non-veteran axemen, great axemen.

7: Have the voice of Saruman special ability also have a chance to confuse or make enemy units start fighting amongst themselves.

Dwarves:

1: Have all dwarven holds use an "underground" map

2: Have blacksmiths generate +1 food production per each level, keeping with lore how human fathers would beg the dwarves to take in their sons as apprentices and repaying in food supplies, but in return remove the pig farm building from the specific dwarf keep settlements.(They can still have the pig farms in other non-underground settlements)

3: The dwarves being the number one experts on things revolving around stone, hence how about including a masons guild that all dwarf specific settlements can build for either extra income/trade goods or % higher order from happiness and health

4: How about allowing Azanulbizar dum to be upgraded to or start as a citadel.

5: How about more variance in terms of what Dale mercs the dwarves can hire.

6: How about a guild that increases the armour of produced units similar to what the elven "woodsmans" guild does to missile attack

7:How about a dwarven ranger unit armed with a short bow that has combat bonus in woods or why not a normal warrior with a shortbow but no shield.

Orcs of Gundabad suggestions:

1: Remove the small shield from the snow troll, it looks dumb plus the troll has no defense from shield.

High elven suggestions:

1: Give the restored Gwaith-i-Mírdain building the benefits of a sword smith guild as well.

2: Give the Eldarinve(SP) spear, sword, archer, cavarly, including the general bodyguard unit the "scares enemy units" rule as they are more "senior" by elven standards and the light of the valar shines more brightly though them

Mordor Suggestions:

1: Include dismounted black numenorians and mounted alike that become avaible from specific quests or events only

2: Black guard of Barad Dur, AOR uruks that are even better

3: Riderless wargs, spiders, castellans, all AOR to Dol Guldur