Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26516667686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Dol Guldur does change names when you reforge the Silvan Elven Kingdom in MOS.
    In it for the rep.

MrCrapsley's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    Dol Guldur does change names when you reforge the Silvan Elven Kingdom in MOS.
    Probably a good thing to implement into vanilla though, don't you think? I think little things like that really add to the roleplaying element of the game.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

in the mean time you can do it yourself open up your settlement construction scroll then click on the settlement name at the top this symbol should appear at the end of the name | just backspace then right in your own name .

Hello for everyone!

Firstly, I wanted to suggest making Cair Andros playable in Custom Battles, but as I see you have already done that. (Note that I have been playing 3.1) Thanks for that.

As a next unique settlement, I would appreciate Esgaroth, a town on water would be a challenge for you guys, I believe.

Again for Dale, (and for Rhun as well) gameplay could be made more special (that is the thing I love in TATW - the uniqueness and diversity), by creating an opportunity to restore the Kingdom of Rhovanion (by having a good relationship with the sylvan elves, owning some regions and such), and a few units and thing could be added - likely to Arnor. With Rhun the similar opportunity of restoring the Empire of the Vainriders (hope I typed it correctly, apologies if not). A rather epic war could come out of that.

How about making Dol Amroth independent from Gondor? As far as I remember, it was autonomious in the books...

Again by the books, Rhun was not really evil, but was conquested be Mordor, therefore they had no choice but to fight, so an opportunity for them turning good would also be great.

And dismounted Aihwothiuda Horseguards would also be appreciated.

In addition: overally, I think Dale is rather unnoticed, some love could be shown in their direction, I believe.

Thanks for reading, please excuse me for probable typing mistakes, English is not my first language.

Faithfully,
    me
    "Nem érdekel a valóság, mára álmodozó lettem
    Mindent, amit elkövettem, önmagamért tettem..."

khazukan Kazak's Avatar Foederatus

Greetings, i have little suggestion, can Dunland be playable faction somewhere in future releases?

Dunland is already a faction in MOS.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571022

I personally dislike Isengard losing direct control over the Dunlendings though.
    In it for the rep.

i like the idea were dunland has the option turning good as an ally/vassal of FPoE or maybe even merging with that faction, i think it was spicemaster who proposed to do that in his mod or something correct me if i am wrong

although how to balance that so that isengard is still be a viable faction i have no clue
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 20, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

I LOVE the new Esgaroth custom settlement! Major kudos on the design!

With that in mind, are there any future thoughts on making the River Running and Sea of Rhun playable w/ Naval battles? Ports are usually mid-game and the river could be an extremely useful mode of travel - similar to the Greyflood from Tharbad to Lond Daer.

Since Esgaroth was so well made, will that lead to other major port cities having a make-over? Dol Amroth, Pelargir and Umbar are the ones I have in mind.

Keep up the great work,
    -Melbobaggins

khazukan Kazak's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Wizad View Post
    Dunland is already a faction in MOS.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571022

I personally dislike Isengard losing direct control over the Dunlendings though.
    Ah! I didn't see that one. Thanks lad!

No problem. Have fun with your new submod.
    In it for the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbobaggins View Post
    I LOVE the new Esgaroth custom settlement! Major kudos on the design!

With that in mind, are there any future thoughts on making the River Running and Sea of Rhun playable w/ Naval battles? Ports are usually mid-game and the river could be an extremely useful mode of travel - similar to the Greyflood from Tharbad to Lond Daer.

Since Esgaroth was so well made, will that lead to other major port cities having a make-over? Dol Amroth, Pelargir and Umbar are the ones I have in mind.

Keep up the great work,
    -Melbobaggins
    Naval battles are not possible with the M2TW engine sadly

considering he specified the sea of rhun i think he means transport and auto rseolved engagements

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    considering he specified the sea of rhun i think he means transport and auto rseolved engagements
    Well, he said "playable w/ naval battles", so I think he wants a playable naval battle

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

@ Melbobaggins
    Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Well, he said "playable w/ naval battles", so I think he wants a playable naval battle
    1) If playable sea battles are intended:
    as noted not possible

2) If Rhûn ships are intended:
    like Harad and other Men factions Rhûn can build ships when at a ocean-coast

3) If the Sea of Rhûn is considered:
    in earlier versions the Rhûn-sea enabled the ports to build ships there. I know it was changed because the AI could not handle it but tended to spam ships a bit, and think also it was removed from balance point as the Rhûn-sea lost all strategic significance which only the player made use of.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Morray's Avatar Semisalis

Aahhhhhhhh THIS is what's going on in my game then!

Ngugi,

You've mentioned that the birth rate in Middle Earth is the reason why it takes me 8 turns to recruit a Snagga unit in a settlement I've had since the beginning of the campaign, you've said this is more realistic.

Fair enough, not moaning...

But then the AI attacks me with three full stacks and keeps them coming, experienced full stacks at that, That's not realistic?
    I'm all for a tough game but not being able to recruit any units is crazy man, I've got castles with 4000 population and I can't upgrade after 100 turns, nor can this so called castle recruit anything other than Snagga every 8 turns...?

...Oh what's that another full stack of Arnor, great, ill send the three Warg units I have to intercept them, Jesus.
    Loose - Free or released from fastening or attachment "a loose tooth".

Lose - Be deprived of or cease to have or retain "I've lost my appetite".

More custom settlements...

Korgoth's Avatar Laetus

I would like to see more Dunlending troops. I have a thing for making a whole army of Dunlendings when I'm Isengard. Having more types of Dunlending would be cool, archers, light infantry etc etc...

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I would like to see more Dunlending troops. I have a thing for making a whole army of Dunlendings when I'm Isengard. Having more types of Dunlending would be cool, archers, light infantry etc etc...
    Concur, at least a unit of light cavalry; anyway,as said by Wizad, if you want more form Dundald give a try to MOS sub mod, as they have their own faction there
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Morray View Post
    Ngugi,

You've mentioned that the birth rate in Middle Earth is the reason why it takes me 8 turns to recruit a Snagga unit in a settlement I've had since the beginning of the campaign, you've said this is more realistic.
    Nope, I said it was realistic with birthrates (in a Middle-earth perspective) to why the pop growth of settlements was low, nothing else.
    Recrutment rates are a completly different thing, where changes can be made in the EDU easy if you do not like it (check out the Mod Workshop) and where variations mainly dependent on what kind of region it's about (mountain, grass, forest etc) - on which I have no opinion concerning TATW beside that it has not bugged me as it is

Personally I further consider that the fact that developed settlements are rare make them much more valuable and thus add a strategic dimensions to the game, making it more of a challenge
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 26, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Alternative Elven names

I noticed when playing Elven factions that you get generals and agents with kind of Old Greek names. While playing with Gondor I noticed names as Mablung, Orodreth, Beleg etc. with could also used for the Silvan Elves. For the High Elves names there should be more with a more Finnish/Latin and less Greek feeling.

Anyone agrees?