Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32577273747576777879808182
Results 1,621 to 1,633 of 1633

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

The download speed is okay, but imho it would be better with torrent - which I found, but
    a) I can't really know whether it's official
    b) there aren't that many seeders, non in the case of 3.2 patch.
    So my suggestion is: add torrent link to the official TATW 3.2 released thread to the download section (either verify validity of the existing torrent or add new one).

Libertus

for both MOS and original TATW, it can be said that OotMM is a terrible state.I think it can be enhanced with different creatures. What about little fire drakes? (walking) or men warriors to be recruited... or stronger archers and goblins without upkeep?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hi onurlu06 and well met.

The issue you rise is old and well known, and I deem most part of the players concur with you. Unfortunately TATW development is on "indefinite" hold at the moment, while if you want to make a suggestion for MOS, you should post it in its thread (but MOS too is in hold at the moment). You should probably submit some suggestions to the people of Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS, who at the moment are working hard on it.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Hi onurlu06 and well met.

The issue you rise is old and well known, and I deem most part of the players concur with you. Unfortunately TATW development is on "indefinite" hold at the moment, while if you want to make a suggestion for MOS, you should post it in its thread (but MOS too is in hold at the moment). You should probably submit some suggestions to the people of Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS, who at the moment are working hard on it.

thanks for your concern. The only total war&modification game that I never get bored of is TATW-MOS. Thanks to everyone for this great work, I am impatient and awaiting eagerly to see the new version. BTW, could I see any photo from the Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by onurlu06 View Post
    thanks for your concern. The only total war&modification game that I never get bored of is TATW-MOS. Thanks to everyone for this great work, I am impatient and awaiting eagerly to see the new version. BTW, could I see any photo from the Reunited Kingdom submod for MOS?
    Here's the thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1-2-3-RELEASED!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

One small suggestion: yeoman is pronounced yoman Its one of those strange english words which is not pronounced how it's spelt. I am playing Dale -fantastic fun +1000 rep!! to the TATW creators, but the mispronunciation of the yeoman voiceover irks me every time I hear it.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...english/yeoman I know this is a very minor point, if you have time to correct it when you do your next upgrade or patch it would be nice.

Otherwise an outstanding job!

Quote Originally Posted by julianj99 View Post
    One small suggestion: yeoman is pronounced yoman Its one of those strange english words which is not pronounced how it's spelt. I am playing Dale -fantastic fun +1000 rep!! to the TATW creators, but the mispronunciation of the yeoman voiceover irks me every time I hear it.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de...english/yeoman I know this is a very minor point, if you have time to correct it when you do your next upgrade or patch it would be nice.

Otherwise an outstanding job!
    Welcome to TWC!
    Unfortunately there will not be a next patch of Third Age Total War but your enthusiasm is noted.

Thanks Arachir for your kind words. In that case where in the mod is the Dale voice file? Maybe I can modify it myself. Also Hearth Watchmen is pronounced Harth watchmen. I find this breaks the illusion every time I hear it.

Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eme&highlight=
    And be happy you didn't play Rohan before v3.0, because if that is a biggie for you, Rohan would made your ears bleed

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

ggthorpe's Avatar Laetus

Is it supposed to say that Gothmog claimed to be a Númenórean? In the films he's presented as a Morannon Uruk and his race isn't really mentioned at all in the Books, so where does this, to my knowledge, random biography of Gothmog come from?

I'm a big fan of Rohan as a kingdom in Tolkien's Canon but I think that they've been overbalanced way too much in this game.
    You see, in most TW games I've witnessed/played Cavalry only have charge impact, but no momentum or pushing power like we see in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, where an entire orc army was rolled over and routed by Rohan's cavalry.
    Obviously you can't change the engine for the game, but I feel like the Rohirrim - and cavalry in general -have been balanced wrongly.
    There is a good choice of cavalry, and this I like. Most factions only have one or two cav units, but Rohan's good amount and diversity of Cav units gives them justice. But I have a few things against them.

1. The Royal Guard are weak. They're one of the weakest top-tier cav for any faction. Rohan's emphasis is on their cavalry, so it would make sense to make them have the most powerful, or at least make it very close. Maybe they aren't the plate-armoured knights of Gondor, but if their attack or speed could be improved to give them an edge over most cav, that'd do better Justice to rohan.

2. In addition to that, almost every "good" (as opposed to evil) faction has excellent cavalry. The Arnorian Knights and Annuminas, the Dale Earls and Aithowigas, the Eldarinwe Lancers, the Rhunnic Cataphracts, the Haradrim Serpent Guard, the Gondor Swan Knights are all super powerful. Obviously they all aren't equal, but no faction has a real cutting edge on Cavalry. If you think about it, when you stick Cavalry into every faction, all you're doing is making the play experience more balanced, no matter what faction you play as. When in the books or movies do we see Elves, Haradrim, or men of Dale have a real cavalry presence? No, instead you should give each faction light Cavalry (like has been done with the Dwarves) and instead buff that Faction's strength. I mentioned the dwarves earlier, and I like what you've done - their fighting style is very dwarvish and cannot be replicated in any way by any other faction. This is because their unit selection is incredibly unbalanced and gives them the dwarvish infantry edge.

3. Back to Rohan's problem. As a general rule, Cavalry are ridiculously expensive. That's a good idea, but with factions like Rohan, they should be built to encourage Cav spamming. Like I said earlier, don't attempt to make each faction have a balanced unit selection. Make their elite infantry more expensive, make their infantry choice more sparse, and make their cavalry cheaper to encourage large cavalry armies.

4. Evil factions. It's a well recognized problem that evil armies are very weak. True, but little can be done about it. Evil factions are already quality<quantity, but the only possible way of balancing their strength is to make them cheaper and/or raise their unit sizes higher than they already are.

Those are my thoughts for units and faction balancing. Overall, I really love this mod, one of the greatest LoTR games ever made.

Isengard needs a flamethrower unit like Rhun does. Saruman is heavily invested in technological supremacy and invented gunpowder for Christ's sake. Seems to reason he could invent a pump with a flammable liquid in a backpack.

Hello PoR

1) You're apperenlty talking about a submod, because Rhun has no flamethrower in TATW. And this thread is solely for TATW
    And it won't be added, since TATW has not been in development for some 4 years now.

2) I presume you talk about MOS, in which Rhun can get access to a flamethrower unit. Isengard get the Bombthrowers instead, so it's presumably deemed fair as it is.
    MOS own thread is the place for this concern, but it is anyhow on halt until further notice, so expect no changes there.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 15, 2017 at 02:44 AM.