Results 1 to 20 of 1621
December 21, 2011, 06:13 PM #1
Finally time to open a new suggestions-thread, so please post your ideas and suggestions for next TATW version here!
You can be sure that I am (we are) always carefully reading all suggestions and there is nothing that won't be considered (if it makes any sense, of course)
Please remember that the more constructive and reasonable your suggestion is (try to provide sources, pictures, think of game balance, strength, weaknesses...), the more chance it will have to get implemented.
December 21, 2011, 07:00 PM #2
Well after Player for about 10 hours or so and playing some different factions i think i have some ideas and suggestions i hope will improve the mod
1. From what i've seen around the forums and something that i agree with is that TOG need some love. I know TOG came from the Orcs of the misty mountains.... but i think have no 2 factions with the same Units is kinda boring. They may as well still be one faction. i Know some people want possible re-emerging Angmar (which i dont think is completely out of the actual fiction). I just think TOG should get some new units possible (no human units like some people are asking for... doesn't fit in). A scripted event or 2 from them would also be nice.
2.Take off the captial moving fee (or even better give one free captial move, for the start of the game when is a money saver to change it)
3. I was playing harad and what turned me off is that the corruption is so high because it just covers a vast area.... this stoped me from playing the playthrough. My suggestion is to make all starting regions to have no corruption (This would help the H Dwarv's harad, mordor. (when you think about the starting regions are native regions usually to your faction) I dont hope this isn't hard coded or it would make me sad but i'm gonna assume it is
4. This is kinda related to the 1st suggestion and its something i dont really have an opinion on yet because i dont play evil factions enough but, Many people are saying they want all the orc factions to get some make overs (orc bands and stuff are fine but i think they all need some different really unique elite units) Isengard i think is fine it feels different from the other orc factions but morder, orcs of the misty mountains and orcs of gundabad all feel the same. its not bad thing but i think OOTMM could get some AOR units in moria, im thinking this because of a line in the books when they first meet gandalf the white he mentions that while while with the balrog in the chasm he saw creatures that sauron did not even know of. Its kind of the lore but it would be cool because you could really use some imagination on those units.
Anyways ill get some more play time and some suggestions.
Thank you KK and team you guys work hard.... and danm find a job with sega working on the actual total war games cause you guys got some talent!
Ps. stop eating, dump your girlfreinds, lose your friends and quit your job and work on this 24/7!
I would pay for this danmit!
Last edited by regon1257; December 21, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
December 21, 2011, 09:28 PM #3
I think some buildings should be given corruption-reducing traits(however you can't, only characters can be given... IIRC)
Or maybe simply reducing the rate a bit?
BTW I didn't really have the time to start a new campaign- well I got holiday now.
START KILLING!Aure entuluva!
December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM #4
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
To spice up one or both of the Orc factions (OotMM / OoG), and/or to give them some variety, I would like to see Wolves added to them. Not Wolf-riders, not Wargs, just a plain pack of wolves. I believe it fits within the lore and fits with the style of these two factions.
Also this wolf unit designed for another mod here (Myth the Fallen Lords) looks amazing and I would love to see it used for Third Age if the creator is willing.
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
December 21, 2011, 10:16 PM #5
1. Gondor's banner shouldn't really be blue, I'd recommend 20,20,20,255,255,255 as faction RGB values. Even that's for the kingdom though, apparently Gondor under the stewards used a plain white banner. Maybe it's possible to use the latter from the beginning and have a script change the banner to the former after the coronation event?
2. Give the Gondor Cavalry shields. Even the Cavalry Militia have shields, why shouldn't the heavy horse?
3. Is it possible to make the Osgiliath bridge passable for ships? It would be interesting to send ships loaded with troops up and down the Anduin.
4. Give the Arnor, Gondor and Eriador spies a Ranger model, if that's possible. I think I read a guide about taking a model and making it a strat model somewhere, I'm sure you'd know better than me though.
5. Some reskins I tried that work pretty well is taking the helmet of the Gondor Infantry and decreasing the brightness while increasing the contrast. I found it makes it look more like real metal in-game, same goes for most metallic textures actually. Also some grime and dirt on the armour and clothes of troops in general would be nice.Winter is Coming
December 22, 2011, 12:21 AM #6
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
What I've noticed from playing an Eriador campaign some 30 years.
1. Rohan shouldn't start at war with Saruman, actually they should be allies if you're going according to lore anyway. Later on you can script an event that places them at war with each other - when Saruman reveals his true colours. But Saruman should be allowed more freedom of movement to begin with by not being at war with Rohan.
2. Slaughtering hobbits to take control of the Shire... I don't know if it's the only way to get control of the Shire (I'll check out what options I have with diplomats in my 3.1 restart), but it certainly seems excessive to have to kill over a thousand hobbits in order to assure their service.
What about leaving their settlements defenseless to begin with? Or as bandit ridden as others suggested?
3. Hobbits building roads? Why? It's cool that they provide troops and force you to let the ai make decisions on what to build (for your money btw ;p), but I don't think hobbits are in any way renowned as great road builders lorewise... This should be removed. Instead you could have them migrate to new (safe!) places in the kingdom, boosting population slightly.
4. Aragorn is married to Sam's girlfriend Rose? I don't know if it's hardcoded that the faction leader has to be married, but this should be removed. A script could be written to fire at some point, giving him Arwen as a wife, when certain objectives are met. But other than that he shouldn't have a wife to begin with.
He could easily have family, cousins and what have you, that can keep the family line going. But he shouldn't be married.
5. Others have mentioned the economic woes of generals and the completely unbalanced military advantage of self-replenishing bodyguards. This should be fixed somehow. Maybe by making all generals much weaker and easier to kill in battle (apart from the faction leader and those with special gear, so you can keep a few alive for longer). And seriously reducing fertility as well as the frequency of adoption.
6. Maybe give the ai armies regenerative abilities, like bodyguard units. AFAIK they never retrain.
December 22, 2011, 12:56 AM #7
i have an suggestion for an autonomy improvement.
some of you maybe played napoleon total war, and know that you can 'free' lands and make them your protectorate. I know that you can't have protectorates in MTWII (included Third Age), but you can make them automatic ally, give them automatic trade agreement, and join wars automatically. also the unit thing stays the same. if this works, new nations arise, like: The Hobbits, The Ents, The Dunledings, Principality of Dol Amroth(possible....) etc. this wil be non-playable factions.
what do you think? Good idea?(if possible of course...)
December 22, 2011, 02:37 AM #8
December 22, 2011, 03:01 AM #9
One unit I would like to see in OOMM, Gandalf mentions in the Hobbit about there being Hobgoblins, even that the lord of goblin town may have been one. Larger and stronger then average goblins. Or maybe a merc for them would be cool too, just in the Misty Mountains. Also in the Hobbit it mentions goblin's love for wicked machines, maybe another type of siege engine for them as well."I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV
December 22, 2011, 03:09 AM #10
I think the Grey Company shouldnt be mounted archers, but rather usual heavy cavalry. I cant see Aragorn and his fellow rangers on horses shooting at orcs. But I'd also like the old Grey Company back, on foot this time with bows.
December 22, 2011, 03:34 AM #11
Someting like giving autonomy to the Shire and Fangorn, I think it would be great for Beornings, Khand, Dorwinion, Druadan and Lossoth too.
And new rebel Lossoth and Druadan units that are sent to you if you give them autonomy.
Last edited by Araval; December 22, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
December 22, 2011, 03:46 AM #12
How about giving Mordor catapults the option of firing human heads at the enemy instead of a cow carcass, which does little damage but lowers enemy morale? Consistent with both the novel and the film, could be a nice gimmick for the orc factions.Winter is Coming
December 22, 2011, 04:14 AM #13
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
The fee for changing the capital is kind of unnecessary. It doesn't add anything to the game play, it just takes 5000 from some of the factions at different points in the game. Trying to figure out if the math works (capital changing fee vs. distance-from-capital penalties vs. current income) isn't particularly fun.
Also, the custom settlements should be harder, not easier, to attack than regular settlements. I imagine tweaks could be made to improve them, awesome as they are already.
Doctor, or doctor equivalent, for every race. It's just far too important of an ancillary.
Silvan elves should get cool elven names like the High elves.
But overall, I love this mod and the 3.1 changes have been great. Even if it's geared towards those of us who like to micromanage for every possible settlement growth benefit and not towards the casual player.
December 22, 2011, 04:32 AM #14
how about, a special ability that belongs to theoden that is named `forth eorlingas! or `DEATH!'', and the special ability of the general of the helms deep to be name `the horn of helm hammerhand'. In the movies, both really hyped up the warriors, and look what happened in the pelennor fields and helms deep, their morale was literally unbreakable....and lastly, eomer should be a hero. he IA a hero in both books and movies. He largely led the rohirrim throughout LOTR, and the fact that he was one of the few men to survive unscathed throughout the WHOLE war
Last edited by deadman213; December 22, 2011 at 04:38 AM.
December 22, 2011, 04:51 AM #15
December 22, 2011, 05:02 AM #16
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
There's a good part , at least 138 regular members (according to a recent poll), of the community that would like to see an angmar faction, be it a distinct faction from OoG, or a transformation of the OoG which would be a reemergence objective like arnor.
I've have read all the ideas and proposition for this eventual faction. Most people are proposing a faction with some humans in it (if not a majority of human), and others proposes some kind of ''melting pot'' of many evil things from middle eart : evil men, orcs, trolls, wolves, wargs...
Indeed I think doing an agmar faction with at least some human would give it a very distinct feeling from OoMM faction. What most people are complaining is that, even if they don't have the same unit, OoG and OoMM just give too much the same feeling, the same atmosphere.
Plus I've red suggestion, which I agree with, to have more advanced evil men than savage rhudaurian men in an angmar faction. Evil Men with excellent crafting skills, extended knowledge of the world... This would give Angmar a really unique feeling of an advanced evil civilisation : something that is absent from total war, except maybe for the rhunic civilisation for some part of it.
-Adding an Angmar reermegence script would be a way for the evil side to counter the arnor reemergence : this would bring more balance between the good and evil faction.
This would give an interresting opportunity to recreate the war between angmar and arnor. This many late game gameplay possibilities for the arnor and OoG faction.
For my part would be in favor of a melting pot faction with evil men as the elite units and rulers of angmar, the more primitive orcs as low tier units and meat shields, and wolves or others as medium units.
-In terms of gameplay Angmar could focus more on qualities over quantities. Exept for a few meat shield you would have to focus on keeping scarce but though units ( some mighty evil men soldiers for exemple). So most units would be ultra effective on the battlefield but there would only be a few of them. this would be very new for an evil faction.
Indeed, when playing an evil faction you tend not to care about your loss on the battlefield and let a lot of your units to get slaughtered, because they resplenish quickly. Angmar would be an exeption for the evil faction and you would have care more for each single units you have, and avoid using them without being sure they wont be slaughtered, because you know they replenish slowly.
In conclusion, the concept of angmar would greatly add to the diversity of the evil factions, and even the faction in general.
Last edited by GueulEclator; December 22, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
December 22, 2011, 05:32 AM #17
1. Replacing the last vanilla 2D buildings (in interface) in the next version for a consistant atmosphere. Louislux would be the perfect man for the job .
2. More mercenary units.
3. Beornings changing into bears? (or not possible)
Last edited by Plumo; December 22, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
December 22, 2011, 06:25 AM #18
Elves are too weak (yea now we get this) and spiders are really sick. They ate right through my Elven line, killing 3 Elven units when I only killed 20 or 30 spiders
December 22, 2011, 06:28 AM #19
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
My favoured suggestion for improving Gundabad would be including more evil hill-men units. They can still remain as a mainly Orc faction, but having a few tougher, smaller, human infantry units would give them greater diversity. Especially early game where all they send out is countless snagas and a few marginally better goblin units, having something that can stand for more than a minute would give them a better chance. Perhaps also a skirmisher too, though they may already have enough. To balance it out, they should be 150 men a unit, which is similar to all other good infantry units.
I do think corruption in general should be toned right down. It works fine in the main game, where the more unscrupulous nobility away from the Kings eye would take a cut of the taxes meant for the treasury, but in Middle Earth it just doesn't fit.
December 22, 2011, 06:42 AM #20
Something minor to add to the patch, could the requirements for rebuilding Osgiliath be added to the lore books just as an FYI for new players; the Arnor reunification requirements could also be added to the lore book for Bree or Annúminas.
Re: the insturctions for the reunification of Arnor, can the regions required be named either by region name or city name rather than both (please apply to other similar faction quests).
eg: Swanfleet to North Arthedain & Breeland to Mitheitel OR Tharbad to Arthilm & Bree to Hoarwell.
Also, spelling error for the "Major(Mayor?) of Bree" ancillary?
Last edited by Gilthanus; December 22, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)