Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Danelag [Submod]

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: TLK Danelag [Submod] - v2.5, update 24.12.2011

Update v2.5 uploaded.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: TLK Danelag [Submod] - v2.5, update 24.12.2011

Update v2.7 uploaded.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: TLK Danelag [Submod] - v2.7, update 25.12.2011

Update TLK Danelag v3 uploaded.

This version offers now different playable factions, see first post.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: TLK Danelag [Submod] - v3, update 27.12.2011

Thanks mate!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Thanks mate!
    Danova, if you like to use something of the Danelag submod stuff for your official updates, then it is naturally granted (just in case the question pops up).

I also allowed One-Eye to use the Danelag submod for maybe-updates by himself.
    For myself, i pretty much guess i end my submodding of The Last Kingdom with this Danelag v3.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Danova, if you like to use something of the Danelag submod stuff for your official updates, then it is naturally granted (just in case the question pops up).

I also allowed One-Eye to use the Danelag submod for maybe-updates by himself.
    For myself, i pretty much guess i end my submodding of The Last Kingdom with this Danelag v3.
    Ok, thanks your works daVinci!

I get this error:

Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 259, column 5
    Couldn't find settlement name 'Isle_of_Muff_Town' in stringtable

May be I need a fresh install, since I already finished a vanilla TLK campaign, but strange. (All patches and fixes installed).

I think someone renamed it when they remade the map. I remember something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    - imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names edited (new regions, renamed "old"
    regions and settlements)

- descr_regions changed (new regions, Iona settlement for Isle_of_Muile_Region changed
    to Isle_of_Muile_Town because created new island for Iona)
    Maybe it has something to do with this.
    Last edited by k/t; February 19, 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Yep, it sounds like that would be the problem, but strange since I didn't change the files.

May be I need some editing in them, but as far I saw the names are ok no errors or mispelling in the files. And strange that I seem to be the only one getting this error.

Check descr_regions.txt at that line and see what it says now.

Hahaha, Isle of Muff Town.

What do you call the inhabitants?

I have the Muffins town and region but nothing about that Muile new one. At least in that file.

Isle_of_Muff_Region
    Isle_of_Muff_Town
    scotland
    Scots_Rebels
    206 103 0
    aor_scotland, danelag
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 0 irish 20 pagan 5 norman 0 heretic 5 celtic 70 }

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=467534

Quote Originally Posted by danova
    *** known error corrections
    - Isle of Muff renamed to Isle of Muil, settlement renamed to Tobar Mhoire

I have the 3.06 installed and that says the game screen. But in my backups the Muil or Muile region/town doesn't exist:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Isle_of_Muff_Region
    Iona
    scotland
    Scots_Rebels
    206 103 0
    aor_scotland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 0 irish 0 pagan 0 norman 0 heretic 10 celtic 90 }
    Strathclyde_Region
    Meanwhile the Submod one says there:
    Isle_of_Muff_Region
    Isle_of_Muff_Town
    scotland
    Scots_Rebels
    206 103 0
    aor_scotland, danelag
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 0 irish 20 pagan 5 norman 0 heretic 5 celtic 70 }
    Also any Muil isle here.

I am supposed to have that Muil island in the 3.06 (if I understood the correction note you pointed out is relative to that patch). May be a buggy install of the patch is my problem.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    I have the 3.06 installed and that says the game screen. But in my backups the Muil or Muile region/town doesn't exist:
    Meanwhile the Submod one says there:
    Also any Muil isle here.

I am supposed to have that Muil island in the 3.06 (if I understood the correction note you pointed out is relative to that patch). May be a buggy install of the patch is my problem.
    The latter case it'll be. I suggest to provide a clean working TLK base along Danova's instructions. Check that out first ingame. Then afterwards install the submod properly, should work as intended. Nobody has to fiddle with files due to submod installation, and it must run without any error messages.

First off, DaVinci - vielen dank, thanks so much for a wonderful submod, really brings the era alive and the spawning Uhtred is a great touch

I love the tense atmosphere you have created, especially when starting a campaign as Wessex, 5 Family members and 5 units of Fyrd!! All the while being surrounded by Danes and having to beat off raid after raid with a small, but good army whilst balancing your income between Military and Financial buildings, I had a couple of 'last chance' battles to fend off the Danish Vikings and avoid losing my only army, which would have left the entire Kingdom wide open

I have found that for the first 10 or so turns, you will constantly be on the defensive due to scripted raids and incursions from Essex/Lunden. I concerntrated my Capital to be military at the beginning, I've found that recruiting a unit of Thegns at the start is a must to help against those nasty Danish elites you come up against!! The rest of my 4 Cities focused on Finance and Churches. I finally managed managed to beat the Danish Vikings to a stand still at which point they offered me a Ceasefire and Lunden......how could I refuse! With peace secure, I then conquered the rebel settlements in SW England and built up my economy, focusing on farms and trading posts and I was soon generating in the region of 14,000 profit per turn True to history, the fertile lands and famed wealth of Wessex attracted the greedy Danes and they attacked from the Danelag!!! I'm in for a fight as they have a massive territory and finances and armies to match!!!

The East Anglians and Northumbrians have long been conquered and the Mercians have one settlement left, I am The Last Kingdom now and am fighting for Saxon 'England' against a horde of heathens - God help me

Once again, thanks Da Vinci for a great Submod and hats off to Danova and the team for quite possibly the best Mod out there!!

hi and congratulations about ur submod altho so far i cant try and this is why i am posting.After install when i pick my faction and try to play it gets me back to screen selection Campaign/Custom Battle/Historic battle etc .Any solutions,suggestions
    P.s sorry about my english

Quote Originally Posted by Lyskos View Post
    hi and congratulations about ur submod altho so far i cant try and this is why i am posting.After install when i pick my faction and try to play it gets me back to screen selection Campaign/Custom Battle/Historic battle etc .Any solutions,suggestions
    P.s sorry about my english
    Hi Lyskos

Did you launch the game through the Pagan Normans Icon which should be on your desktop? If not then you will receive the error you just described above. DO NOT launch this mod through the main TLK icon.

Hope this helps.

nope the some problem comes up

OnePercent's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lyskos View Post
    I was having the same problem attempting to run the game. I checked the log files and I found an error referring to desrc_strat.txt at line 3067 and said something like: "unable to find next character, line must terminate in end" (I would post the exact error but the log was overwritten).

I looked at the line in question, it looks like this:
    relative Ragnar, Aslaug, Halfdan, Ivar, Ubba, Ragnarson, end

I changed it to this:
    relative Ragnar, Aslaug, Halfdan, Ivar, Ubba, end

Afterward the game loaded and everything seems to be working correctly now. I'll update if I run into problems down the line.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    First off, DaVinci - vielen dank, thanks so much for a wonderful submod, really brings the era alive and the spawning Uhtred is a great touch

I love the tense atmosphere you have created, especially when starting a campaign as Wessex, 5 Family members and 5 units of Fyrd!! All the while being surrounded by Danes and having to beat off raid after raid with a small, but good army whilst balancing your income between Military and Financial buildings, I had a couple of 'last chance' battles to fend off the Danish Vikings and avoid losing my only army, which would have left the entire Kingdom wide open

I have found that for the first 10 or so turns, you will constantly be on the defensive due to scripted raids and incursions from Essex/Lunden. I concerntrated my Capital to be military at the beginning, I've found that recruiting a unit of Thegns at the start is a must to help against those nasty Danish elites you come up against!! The rest of my 4 Cities focused on Finance and Churches. I finally managed managed to beat the Danish Vikings to a stand still at which point they offered me a Ceasefire and Lunden......how could I refuse! With peace secure, I then conquered the rebel settlements in SW England and built up my economy, focusing on farms and trading posts and I was soon generating in the region of 14,000 profit per turn True to history, the fertile lands and famed wealth of Wessex attracted the greedy Danes and they attacked from the Danelag!!! I'm in for a fight as they have a massive territory and finances and armies to match!!!

The East Anglians and Northumbrians have long been conquered and the Mercians have one settlement left, I am The Last Kingdom now and am fighting for Saxon 'England' against a horde of heathens - God help me

Once again, thanks Da Vinci for a great Submod and hats off to Danova and the team for quite possibly the best Mod out there!!
    Sums it up what i intended to create with the Danelag submod
    Great to hear you experienced exactly for what i designed it.
    It's big immersive fun, right, especially for history-literated and/or readers of Cornwell's TLK series. Long ago ... maybe i'll start playing it again some day, it is indeed one of my best submods, of course built on the wonderful "world" designed by Danova&team.

As for the reported issue (first of all sorry that i didn't appear earlier, the thread is not so often observed by me), i think this it is
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Hi Lyskos

Did you launch the game through the Pagan Normans Icon which should be on your desktop? If not then you will receive the error you just described above. DO NOT launch this mod through the main TLK icon.

Hope this helps.
    ... as obviously only a very minority experiences this ... however, good to see that OnePercent was able to solve it via log-entry with a coding change, i personally can't remember now what it is about, of course i didn't have that issue as i never release a such buggy mod that cannot start (and if it happens though, i correct it instantly).
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 19, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12