Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age III will draw inspiration from Skyrim

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Dragon Age III will draw inspiration from Skyrim

Gameinformer Article
    BioWare hasn't turned a deaf ear to the criticisms players had for Dragon Age II. In a recent interview, BioWare's CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka stated that in addition to addressing those problems in the next Dragon Age, the studio is also drawing inspiration from other popular titles on the market, including Bethesda's dominating RPG, Skyrim.
    Ive never been a fan of Dragon Age myself after losing interest in the first one after several hours, however i love Skyrim so if bioware manages to incorporate some of the features that make Skyrim a great game i will be taking another look at the series.

black-dragon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Dragon Age III will draw inspiration from Skyrim

Yeah, it'll probably draw inspiration from COD too.
    'If there is an ultimate meaning to existence, as I believe is the case, the answer is to be found within nature, not beyond it. The universe might indeed be a fix, but if so, it has fixed itself.' - Paul Davies, the guy that religious apologists always take out of context.

Attention new-agers: I have a quantum loofah that you might be interested in.

Del Valle's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by black-dragon View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably draw inspiration from COD too.
    lol this

I knew it they will draw their sequel inspiration from Skyrim.

Not sure which though perhaps just the dragon.

black-dragon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Miracles View Post
    I knew it they will draw their sequel inspiration from Skyrim.

Not sure which though perhaps just the dragon.
    Nah, I think they'll also draw inspiration from how skyrim doesn't direct your quests towards the exact same area 500x times to do essentially the same thing over and over. Isn't it awesome how that bandit lair, within a few minutes of being cleared, is now infested by rogue mages?!
    'If there is an ultimate meaning to existence, as I believe is the case, the answer is to be found within nature, not beyond it. The universe might indeed be a fix, but if so, it has fixed itself.' - Paul Davies, the guy that religious apologists always take out of context.

Attention new-agers: I have a quantum loofah that you might be interested in.

Another thing I found funny was the vast amount of enemies you got to fight. Their numbers were in most cases just surreal!

In the case of Dragon Age 2, I'd prefer a bit less foes, but provided that foes were tougher/more cunning.

In Dragon Age 2 it was like everytime my warden stepped around a corner she always ended up with having a small army stuffed up her rear end o.O
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by SinerAthin View Post
    Another thing I found funny was the vast amount of enemies you got to fight. Their numbers were in most cases just surreal!

In the case of Dragon Age 2, I'd prefer a bit less foes, but provided that foes were tougher/more cunning.

In Dragon Age 2 it was like everytime my warden stepped around a corner she always ended up with having a small army stuffed up her rear end o.O

Lotta bandits in the streets of Kirkwall, Im surprised the city government didnt fall by now with all the bandits they have outside their very gates.

They took inspiration from Oblivion.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I can't help thinking taking inspiration from Skyrim is a bad idea. Skyrim's a fantastic game, but why would Dragon Age want to emulate it? They should either simply be looking back at Origins, or looking at other more "action-orientated" RPGs such as the Witcher series.

Edit: Unless they mean going out and supporting the mod community.
    Last edited by Musthavename; December 21, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

And then to think that at some point Bioware claimed to have too much talent and ideas to make their own sequels..

Considering that they just made an MMO with a large open world, perhaps it might be time for Bioware to create a single player open world for their next game. Neverwinter Nights is still the best sandbox out there when it comes to RPG's so if they combine the good parts of that game with an open world of Skyrim it could make for a very good game.. if they would do it in another setting than the dragon age universe thats been killed by DA2.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    And then to think that at some point Bioware claimed to have too much talent and ideas to make their own sequels..

Bioware has what 6 studios now? im sure their not all going to be amazing

In the article they say they will be taking some inspiration from and I quote "other popular titles" now apart from Skyrim im trying to think what other titles out recently they could take inspiration from?

Personally I think Bioware should look at its own titles (including Kotor and Mass Effect) for game design and innovation.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

For me, Bioware made the wrong move by saying this.

I absolutely love Skyrim - been playing it almost non-stop the last 3 weeks and I still haven't finished it - but it is basically everything Dragon Age should not be. Bioware should, like has been said before, look at DA:O if they want inspiration for DA3, not to a RPG that has a completely different style and goal. If they continue like this, I definitely won't get DA3.

If they scrap the party interaction DA:O had, I wonīt buy this. And besides, other than making DA a FP, lone wolf game, how else can they draw "inspiration" from TES? Jesus, itīs like the Battlefield and COD situation... one copies the other and in the end they all look the same. Stupid industry...
    Last edited by Bernhardt; December 21, 2011 at 06:37 AM.

Would be awesome if Dragon Age drew inspiration from Dragon Age.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

The only way they could use some inspiration from TES is in the leveling system - use a skill a lot, and it develops more. And thatīs it. They also could bring back that Baldurīs Gate feel that a powerful enchanted weapon is powerful and unique, I donīt like the level 4- veridium, level 7- dragonbone etc wargear scaling system.

I can't wait to see the "arrow to the knee" phenomenon spread from game to game! It's like mad cow disease!

I already can't stand that phrase anymore and I haven't even played Skyrim yet.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Wow this is terrible news... I don't want Bethseda infecting Bioware games (not trying to tick anyone off here, I just don't like sandbox type RPGs, find Bestheda games very bland)... Like others said they should draw inspiration from KOTOR, BG series, DA:O, etc.
    Last edited by NoxNoctum; December 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well Bioware also looked more to World of Warcraft than to Neverwinter Nights for The old Republic.
    Seems to be a succesfull game, but it could have been much better even.

Bioware is slowly losing its identity ever since they sold themselves to EA.
    They used to be a leader of the industry and now they seem rather eager to embrace the role of a follower.

Facupay's Avatar Senator

DA2 was a mistake. Bioware should make DA3 much closer to what Origins was.
    HUMAN IS FISH ISLAM IS WATER. COME TO WATER AND BE RELAX...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast