Thread: Family Member Portraits

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

Default Family Member Portraits

Hi fellows.

I had to ask, which portraits are you going to use for the Family Member faces?

The standard vainilla ones, or the ones you had for AOH?

Like these:

I also wanted to ask if you are going to change the face of the "Victoria" advisor...

Personally, I was wondering if you have intentions of using someone like this baby (From the Org...

My questions are oriented in order to know if you have plans to give the "atmosphere" of the interface a more "Hellenic" aspect...

Thanks

Default Re: Family Member Portraits

Both of the portraits you showed above were made as avatars, not as portraits... in the final days of AOH we were considering using them that way but since Hegemonia began we have not considered general portraits specifically in any great detail. Have no fear however, the atmosphere of the UI will be appropriately Hellenic.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

family portraits is a very big but surely interesting task. When we have all significant aspects of the mod graphics set we will see if we can have some unique ones by poser model faces. Lupus is very able user of that program. But keep in mind that it is abig task if we want to make it right cause there must be aging variants etc.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

not only its a huge task, but furthermore some absolutely necessary tasks havent even started yet
    ..so first the necessary tasks and then consider extra goodies

for me the vanilla portraits are ok
    ..also if we changed the greek ones, then we have to change those of the other cultures so that everyhting looks in the same style...frankly i m quite sure that we dont have the time

things like movies and portraits are the last things to consider doing..atm playing and testing in the heg campaign i still see many things that need to be replaced which the arent done yet

..the baby on the other hand would be awesome :wink:
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Quote Originally Posted by apostate
    not only its a huge task, but furthermore some absolutely necessary tasks havent even started yet
    ..so first the necessary tasks and then consider extra goodies

for me the vanilla portraits are ok
    ..also if we changed the greek ones, then we have to change those of the other cultures so that everyhting looks in the same style...frankly i m quite sure that we dont have the time

things like movies and portraits are the last things to consider doing..atm playing and testing in the heg campaign i still see many things that need to be replaced which the arent done yet

..the baby on the other hand would be awesome :wink:

Maybe best if we reword that to "The babe on the other hand would be awesome :wink: " hehe
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

I see.

Off course, things that have high priority cannot be delayed only because some minor details. Totally agree with you. I was asking in order to know if you had work already done in the matter, or you we`re planning something about it.

Maybe best if we reword that to "The babe on the other hand would be awesome " hehe
    Perhaps it would be even better rephrased "A beer on one hand and the babe on the other hand would be awesome"

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    family portraits is a very big but surely interesting task. When we have all significant aspects of the mod graphics set we will see if we can have some unique ones by poser model faces. Lupus is very able user of that program. But keep in mind that it is abig task if we want to make it right cause there must be aging variants etc.
    Yes that is exactly how those were made, and poser 6 provides a very interesting capacity to create new and interesting faces quickly and easily, realistic hair and all, so that will be something I can help Lupus with once we've finished the models (so I don't have to be shot for overstaying my use )

both hands on the babe would be awesome

You're better off with a real babe in this case, the 3d babe won't do you much good...

what will be done with the carthaginian and persian portraits as im pretty sure their wearing chain mail and what not. Or would it be possible to photoshop it into robes or something (im shifty as ive got photoshop and have been putting mustaches on people )

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Same as the Greek portraits not really an issue for us atm so they will just be left as they are for the moment
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

guys you must believe that we have the intention to present the best possible result. But. We are a handfull of people. We may produced more that other mods with armies of members but we still are a handfull. In order to make everything perfect we need help. More able people to join us. Cause as you understand we cannot grow more hands .

We have a recruit thread. If you think that you got what it takes use it and join us

and we shall take over the world MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    guys you must believe that we have the intention to present the best possible result. But. We are a handfull of people. We may produced more that other mods with armies of members but we still are a handfull. In order to make everything perfect we need help. More able people to join us. Cause as you understand we cannot grow more hands .

We have a recruit thread. If you think that you got what it takes use it and join us

and we shall take over the world MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
    Very much seconded.

Was just wondering if anyone has figured out if they were able to acomplish this task or if its something in the works or not possible at all?

No it's in the works, no worries.

Great that just made my day. You guys still seem to go past my expectations everyday. Keep up the good work!

Ha you say that but you don't really understand the depth of it... I just tried the beta for the first time and you wouldn't believe how cool it is.

You have the beta? Where where? And is it possible to join the team as an ideas and tester person...always my favorite proffession, I'm not much good at modding (Sticking to unit express, the worlds greatest modding tool)