Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

  1. #1
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Version 1:



    Version 2:



    What do you think????

    Version 2 added to the post for all to download
    Last edited by wipeout140; May 05, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview

    Great... But if you want to cut them out more clearly, open them in e.g. "loadingscreens\symbols" and in Photoshop, go "select\load selection" and choose "Alpha 1 (sp)". This way you'll be able to cut them out clearly...
    I really like the idea of faction specific icons...

    K.K

  3. #3
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Great... But if you want to cut them out more clearly, open them in e.g. "loadingscreens\symbols" and in Photoshop, go "select\load selection" and choose "Alpha 1 (sp)". This way you'll be able to cut them out clearly...
    I really like the idea of faction specific icons...

    K.K
    Well i quickly used FE_buttons_48 factions icons in that folder and i used Neomesh Image Converter to directly put them in icon format

    Thanks for the advice try that later this evening

  4. #4
    Kaweh's Avatar Aerani
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    2,248

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wipeout140
    Well i quickly used FE_buttons_48 factions icons in that folder and i used Neomesh Image Converter to directly put them in icon format

    Thanks for the advice try that later this evening
    Well, opening the FE_buttons_48 makes no difference, they have an alpha channel too. I suggest opening them with photoshop, selcting them via "load selection" and then pasting them into the Image Converter, maybe this would work...

    K.K

  5. #5
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaweh K.
    Well, opening the FE_buttons_48 makes no difference, they have an alpha channel too. I suggest opening them with photoshop, selcting them via "load selection" and then pasting them into the Image Converter, maybe this would work...

    K.K
    Thanks they look alot better

  6. #6

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Any chance of a new and exciting icon for the slave faction?

  7. #7
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver
    Any chance of a new and exciting icon for the slave faction?
    Like what

  8. #8

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Wipeout140 I have seen them before as you have sent to me but forgot to mention that they were very nice...still can you guide me where these will be used? Seems I have lost some of my dark insight ability...

  9. #9
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Wipeout140 I have seen them before as you have sent to me but forgot to mention that they were very nice...still can you guide me where these will be used? Seems I have lost some of my dark insight ability...
    Right click on your rtw which haves darthmod installed and click properties and click shortcut tab chose change icon and then broswe where you unziped them and chose one. The click apply, ok - wait few seconds and your down

  10. #10

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Hi Wipeout

    I really had invisaged a dark brown woody text background icon, with the iconic pitchfork crossed with a sword sitting above the mannicles (slave resource icon) that appears on the strat map.

    What do you think?

  11. #11
    Average British Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver
    Hi Wipeout

    I really had invisaged a dark brown woody text background icon, with the iconic pitchfork crossed with a sword sitting above the mannicles (slave resource icon) that appears on the strat map.

    What do you think?
    Sounds Good

  12. #12

    Default Re: DarthMod Desktop Icons Preview/Download

    A long time ago I remember some discussion of a script that would be run before the game, according to which faction the player intended to use, configuring the game for optimum challenge. I think they were swapping out unit stats, but it might be interesting to have things such as starting position be unique when in player control. For example, playing as Rome you would face a united Gaul, but playing as Gaul you would start as a single tribe.

    This would, of course, multiply the development time of each release nightmarishly, but might make a cool mini-mod if anyone sees an efficient method of implementation. If you think about it, the united Romans is already something very like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •