Thread: Dol Guldur garrison script?

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Default Dol Guldur garrison script?

I just downloaded the amazing mod yesterday, and while I was playing, I moved an army with the Nazgul from Dol Guldur and captured some settlements in the Wilderland and such, counting on Dol Guldur's garrison script to keep it safe from harm....then along comes a little old Silvan Elves army and besieges Dol Guldur. I think nothing of it, seeing as I'm expecting the garrison script to kick in, but then, three turns later....Nothing! and the Silvan Elves attack! what gives? do human players not get the garrison script? or is it just Dol Guldur having been mistakenly labeled? or did I imagine that it had the garrison script in the description in the first place?
    O merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousand fold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs; so that they can once again taste the freedom that is so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.

Default Re: Dol Guldur garrison script?

Ye it happened to me as well and I wondered the same thing. I guess the garrison script can work only with AI ?

Garrison script is just for AI

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

That
    is a crying shame. But I understand why. But also that pisses me off.
    ING ELVES.
    O merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousand fold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs; so that they can once again taste the freedom that is so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.

The garrison script is only for the A.I. unless you change it yourself. But honestly, wouldn't it make the game way too easy for a human player?

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Would make it easier, but not to the point of breaking the game....it's already hard as hell. It already feels unfair, considering that Mordor is supposed to be the aggressor with massive armies and I can barely keep up my one stack of orcs without going bankrupt and Gondor has at-least half stack armies coming every third turn or so

Senator

It would be game breaking if player would get garrison script. Seriously, lots of top tier units, for free, with out recruitment time

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Then make them not top tier. I don't need trolls at turn 25. whatever, the issue has been settled, the debate is pointless.

Senator

I would still be game breaking. You know if you have 2 units in garrison the AI will presumably send 3-6 units to siege it, you would get 6 or more scripted units inside the settlement and then kill the attackers with army which was hiding near by. Repeat and you can beat the AI in stack spam