Thread: TAR Crashes on SVE and NEW started Campaigns

KBourne's Avatar Foederatus

Default TAR Crashes on SVE and NEW started Campaigns

Hi I am playing TAR Campaign United States Grand Campaign. It all worked perfectly I saved my game loaded the save games again and even when out the game once and restarted the game again0 without troubles or CTD's. Past night I stopped playing around turn 63 closed up the game and when to bed. Just now I though lets play some more but now my save games wont load anymore.

I can go in the game but when I load the save games it CTD
    I can go in the game but when I try to launch a new game it CTD

So in fact, the game worked properly but now it does not anymore, I did not changed anything I did not touched the advanced settings aether I kept it all standard as it was said by Hip63 that it will cause CTD's when i would change something. the only thing i did was selecting the TAR campaign and the the american grand campaign.

and like said I played for 63 turns without a problem and it previously worked like a charm although i liked Dartmod a lot for empire I like this setting a bit more because it gives slight more variation towards the US also, by this the game feels more complete so I would like it to work properly.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: TAR Crashes on SVE and NEW started Campaigns

Same problem here trying to reinstall
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

KBourne's Avatar Foederatus

No need

I found the problem at least on my oss which is a Windows 7 64bit, in any case I know now what the reason was behind those crashes. Its in fact simple once you know the reason.

Anyway Very important is the fact that you installed steam with Admin rights above all don't install it directly trough steam but download it and install before installing click right mouse and hit run as admin while installing the launcher. Also when installing the TAR mod make sure your Steam is deactivated and when installing TAR be sure you do the same as above.

(however if you installed this already you don't need to reinstall the entire thing you)

in this case you need to go in the properties and make sure everything is set to run as admin, if you reinstalling everything double check if it is set that way or not. When everything is installed you still need to launch Steam before you launch the game at least that is when you want to play TAR.

So in short

If you want to play TAR make sure you launch steam trough Admin rights first, right click on the steam launcher and run as admin, after steam is active do the same for tar right click on the launcher and run as admin again, from that point you should be fine. This is merely an issue with Vista and with Win7, I know MS huh anyway Enjoy your playing because this is one hell of a mod, you don't want to miss out on it

To put it entirely short it is all about the ADMINISTRATOR rights Or at least thats how it was on my end, it works perfectly now ...

kind regards
    Last edited by KBourne; December 20, 2011 at 01:14 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Great you solved it by applying the Administator fix.

Welcome to the forums and have a Merry Christmas!