Thread: Desktop Icons

Default Desktop Icons

These are some desktop icons that you can use instead of the default RTW one. I made them out of the SPQR 4.0 icons a while back and they are very similar the TE ones, although not exactly the same. Here they are if you want them

here is a screen of some of them, all the factions are in the zip

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Desktop Icons

Very nice PC, I like them, but it is not something I really care about, but I might use them.

Did you or someone else post these before? I haven't downloaded them so I dont know what they look like, but I do know that I am using SPQR faction icons for my desktop icons right now. Would these be the same ones?

probably they are ... i posted these a while ago in the SPQR forum. so if you ever went in there then you probably already have them

I think they are ... and if that is true, GOOD WORK! You wouldnt think icons would change that much, but they make a big difference for me. Heres a pic:

wow ...

sidenote: whered you get that pic? what is it? can you imageshack it if you dont have a link to it

Anything for a fellow publius: http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5...llpaper5fa.jpg

Had to convert it to a jpeg and then size it down, so I hope the quality isnt bad

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Great stuff!! Thanks..

Why, town watch, you must be dreaming!!!! My sig pic is PERFECTLY legal .....
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; May 04, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Gaius your signature pik is too large.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

I mean brfore it was too big.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Publius Clodius
    These are some desktop icons that you can use instead of the default RTW one. I made them out of the SPQR 4.0 icons a while back and they are very similar the TE ones, although not exactly the same. Here they are if you want them

here is a screen of some of them, all the factions are in the zip
    How do you make em round? ive got Fireworks but i dont see an option to keep em in a round shape and convert them to .ico

i use photoshop, you can download a plugin that lets you save as .ico's. then you load up the image, copy the round part you want, paste it in a new image, and delete the background. then you will only have the rounded part. you do lost some quality though, im not sure if this is just the transfer to .ico or what.