Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Archer Accuracy Submod 2.11 (+ optional HE overhaul) with Trailer

Default Re: Archer Accuracy Submod 2.1 (+ optional HE overhaul)

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    hi Bungo, first i have to say what a great work you did here...and it's this submod compatible with Baron's Submod 4.1??

thk
    Thanks!

Yes it is compatible with Baron's 4.1.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Had quite some fun with murdering orcs.....
    Faramir and Rangers all the way!
    The orcs assaulted West Osgiliath and the only unit ready- Faramir and his Rangers make a stand.

Not really, as I sallied out and the orcs just stand around.
    Picking them off with Rangers while they all just stand around with trackers unable to do anything is really fun
    0 casualties.

The old AI problem with archer fire.
    Aure entuluva!

Okay, I was able to remove those annoying bars.
    Credits go to MBA who pointed me to the right software.

Quality should be slightly better as well...

The new video:
    Last edited by Bungo Baggins; January 03, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

with this mod, what has the best range, high level bow or ballista? Curretly some elves have the best range, it's ridiculous...

Another possible mod for bowmen : remove the arrows from their quiver when they do not have any anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKen View Post
    Another possible mod for bowmen : remove the arrows from their quiver when they do not have any anymore.
    AFAIK arrows in quiver are integral part of a model, so not likely to happen.

Default Re: Archer Accuracy Submod 2.1 (+ optional HE overhaul) with Trailer

I'm using this for only some hours now and already shot 2000 orks to pincushions - battle won with 0 casualties.
    Now elven archers are the greatly skilled archers they deserve to be! Thanks!
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

What's the song for the video? Sounds epic!

with this mod, what has the best range, high level bow or ballista? Curretly some elves have the best range, it's ridiculous...
    I'll take a look at it...
    What's the song for the video? Sounds epic!
    It's O Fortuna by Gregorian.

I'm afraid I'll not have too much time to support this submod in the next 3 months by the way.

Graduation coming closer...

great job with this great submod, but I have a doubt, this submod is compatible with that of Baron Samedi will be 5.0 or will be???

It took me a while to get used to how range now really affects the archers effectivness, but when I did, it improved the game a lot. wicked job +rep

Default Re: Archer Accuracy Submod 2.11 (+ optional HE overhaul) with Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by cloud02 View Post
    great job with this great submod, but I have a doubt, this submod is compatible with that of Baron Samedi will be 5.0 or will be???
    It now is.
    Just uploaded to 2.11

Quote Originally Posted by ZoltarFTW View Post
    It took me a while to get used to how range now really affects the archers effectivness, but when I did, it improved the game a lot. wicked job
    Thanks!
    +rep
    You'll need 50 posts and must have been member for min. 2 weeks to rep someone I'm afraid...

The 2.11 version I just uploaded is only provisory to enable the mod for Baron's 5.0.
    It does not change the mod itsself in any way.

Of course I still want to introduce the new officer system that I already introduced.

Additionally I'm currently working on a armor overhaul that should for example give a blacksmith the possibility to upgrade a padded armor (defence = 2) to a light chainmail (defence =4) in one step.
    I'll increase upgrade and blacksmith prices of course.
    First tests were successful.

I hope this will encourage the use of smith buidings...

Aipe's Avatar Civis

hey how about making this compatible with Gondor Armour Upgrades v1.1 with a NEW unit - Gondor Levies (compatible with BS5.0) and i hear something of making armor upgrades petter, this would make it coller

ive already sugested the idea in the other fourm

Edit: well i actually ended up editing it myself to make it compatible so..... never mind
    Last edited by Aipe; January 18, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Hey what does this mean? 4. Copy the appropriate export_descr_unit.txt into Third_Age_3/data (Allow to overwrite)??
    Everytime I launch my game it just crashes to desktop from loading screen do dont think ive done it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    hey how about making this compatible with Gondor Armour Upgrades v1.1 with a NEW unit - Gondor Levies (compatible with BS5.0) and i hear something of making armor upgrades petter, this would make it coller

ive already sugested the idea in the other fourm

Edit: well i actually ended up editing it myself to make it compatible so..... never mind
    It's really easy to make it compatible, you just need to put the Gondor Levies informations in the [B]export_descr_unit file you have in the data folder

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Hey what does this mean? 4. Copy the appropriate export_descr_unit.txt into Third_Age_3/data (Allow to overwrite)??
    Everytime I launch my game it just crashes to desktop from loading screen do dont think ive done it right?
    Did you follow step 3 before (copy and paste descr_projectile.txt)?
    That's what usually causes CTDs when ignored.
    If step 3 is correct and you forget 4 and 5 the game will start normally, only the submod doesn't work.

And you should make sure you have no submods installed that change the 2 files this submod changes.

If that's the case, try to redownload and repeat. If you still suffer from CTDs, please report your exact procedure and here.

I also included backup files just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardoCortes View Post
    It's really easy to make it compatible, you just need to put the Gondor Levies informations in the [B]export_descr_unit file you have in the data folder
    This problem has already been solved by Benox.
    As his description is about perfect, he was faster than me anyway and Aipe seemed to be happy about it, I decided to leave it.

But thanks for your post anyway.
    Any effort is appreciated and I'm not around as often as I used to be (Highers this month )
    Last edited by Bungo Baggins; February 29, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Laetus

this mod kills it, i went in and further edited by elven archers to taste (smaller unit size, more damage and accuracy) and finally im playin how i like , couple of small elf units can compete with double or more orcs .. power stack to me mayb, but hey its how i like to play

Laetus

meant to be a big thankyou on the end of that previous post, especially for pointing out how to further change stats

Hello, i installed the lastest version of the barons mod , all worked fine except when i added your archery efficency mod, it loads to the loading screen that occurs before the 3 intro videos, its the one with the horse riders on the top and in the center it says third age 3.1, and it just goes black for 3 secs and exits, do you know how i can fix this?

Well, neither Baron nor me changed anything about our mods lately, so I don't think it is a general problem.

If you are sure that you installed everything correctly, try redownloading it again.
    If the problem persists, post again.

Hey !
    nice mini mod, I used it (I also rebalanced the game by raising the unit scale of weak units (orc archers, orc raiders,snagas...)).
    Now the game is great BUT :

I got a problem with battles in castle :
    in Dol guldur for example, archers fire at 75° in stead of firing low directly on their targets, which makes the city very hard to defend, archers are quite useless in sieges.

Do you know how to modify the min_angle value ?
    I put
    min_angle -90
    max_angle 75

but obviously, not working, now my stupid archers do not fire directly at my ennemies, even in a flat ground.
    Do you know how it works, because I dont understand how to modify velocity, and the angles, and there's no one to explain it to me !

Thanks a lot !