Thread: MAUM - More Additional Units Mod

Default MAUM - More Additional Units Mod

I've been hesitant to put this up, mainly because I'm not much of a graphic artist. And, since I'm extremely busy in RL, I'm not sure how much time I would have to devote to fixing errors and updating it. But after much debate, I finally succumbed to releasing it to the public. So, I present More Additional Units Mod (as opposed to additional units mods). The purpose is to add more additional units (hence the name). I've tried to keep the units as close to the pictures I've found in book resources (see below) for all the units that are added so that there the mod respects the historical aspects of LME.

LME already adds many units to the game, so it was hard to find units to add in to the game that are not already there! I have repeated some of the units, but with my own flair. I plan to release a different version for the non-LME users out there, too.

I. Current factions that have had units added:
    A. Portugal
    i. 6th Regiment Grenadiers
    Icon and info

Based on:
    Source Pic

ii. Lisbon Grenadiers
    Icon and Info

Based on color chart in [1].

iii. 1st Regiment Cazadores
    Info and Icon

Based on color chart in [1].

iv. 8th Line Regiment

Info and Icon

Based on #44 in:
    Source Pic

v. Loyal Lusitanian Legion

Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

vi. Loyal Lusitanian Legion
    Info and Icon

Based on #2 (right-hand side):
    Source Pic

vii. Portuguese Fusiliers

Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

viii. Portuguese Tiradores
    Info and Icon

Based on #1 and #2 (left-hand side and middle) and color charts found in [1]:
    Source Pic

and color chart in [1].
    B. Poland
    i. 2nd Line

Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

ii. 13th Line
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pics

iii. Polish Riflemen
    Info and Icon

Source Pic

iv. Chevau-legers de la Garde Imperiale (Please forgive the accents)

Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pics

v. 9th Lancers
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

vi. Polish Light Cavalry
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pics

vii. Polish Light Infantry
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pics

C. Italy
    i. Dalmation Chasseurs
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

ii. Istrian Chasseurs
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

iii. 3rd Light
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic

iv. Presidential Guard Chasseurs
    Info and Icon

Based on:
    Source Pic
    II. Next iteration:

• More units for Confederation of the Rhine countries. This includes Bavaria, Mecklenburg, Saxony, Wurttemberg, Westphalia, and a few others (please forgive the missing umlaut.)
    • Better icon cards for some of the above units
    • text

III. If you want to help:

• If you want to suggest short or long descriptions for the units above, or know a better screen name for them, by all means write it! I'll give credit to where it's due.
    • I leave much to be desired in the way of graphics like in icon cards. If someone can do icon cards and wants to contribute, I'll gladly take them. And, of course, credit will be given.
    • Suggest units to do next. Post pictures, sources, links, and relevant information. I know how to do some things regarding making new units, but I don't know how to edit or make atlas files. (A tutorial or any help in this direction would be greatly appreciated!) So if it involves this, I may not be able to do it.
    • Feedback - If I have something wrong (or something right) let me know.

IV. Credit: A great deal of appreciation to:

• LME team: Iutland, KDK, ReignTerror, Icebear77, Major Darling for making a great mod.
    • Sacrebleu!, 47th sAMuRAi, Aanker, and Dee Jay for writing excellent tutorials.
    • Icebear77 for the uniform resource (in Napoleon: Total War Mod Workshop) (see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=342198)
    • Swiss Halberdier for the "How to customize Unit Pack Mods" in TWC Wiki
    • Pdguru for his mods for LME
    • I'm probably leaving some people out...it's unintentional

V. Download, Installation, and more information (including a bibliography):
    Go to http://inkleined.com/ntw/. Download and instructions are at the bottom of the page.
    VI. Apology:
    I don't have text for for the units yet. So there are no on-screen names, or any kind of descriptions for the units. I'm working on it though...

Last edited by AClockworkOrange; December 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: correcting my bad English
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: MAUM - More Additional Units Mod

Not bad (I can't +rep you because I haven't 50 posts...)

V.E

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking good! I download it when i get my internet working better. (currently laggy )
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Whew! What a busy time of the year the last month has been. Thank goodness it's over. Thank you for the positive feedback!
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: MAUM - More Additional Units Mod

Well done Sir!
    Some little corrections must be done:
    1) The polish light infantry should wear czapka.
    2) The italian dalmatian chasseurs should have red epaulette.
    3) The italian istrian chasseurs should have what in the game .Atlas is called "hungarian_trousers".
    4) The italian presidential guard chasseurs should have the traditional green epaulette.
    You may also offer them as another open mod for players not using LME.
    Thanks for your work, it´s always good to have new regiments.
    And of course, you deserve a Rep!
    Last edited by lordargento; May 12, 2012 at 04:26 AM.

cant seem to get this mod working? added user.script entry but i couldnt download the other pack can anyone help?

help?

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Maum it's included in LME3

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by NZSAS Trooper View Post
    cant seem to get this mod working? added user.script entry but i couldnt download the other pack can anyone help?
    It is installed with LME3 and doesn't require user script entry if played via the mod launcher. If you start the game manually you must copy the maum file from data\LME_files folder to the data folder.

i downloaded LME3 and cut and past the LME_MAUM pack into my normal data folder do i have to make my own user.script entry for it now or will it run without entry?

what happens is when i cut and paste it into my data folder and try to boot up with or without a user.script entry it crashes my game at loading screen :'(

Quote Originally Posted by NZSAS Trooper View Post
    what happens is when i cut and paste it into my data folder and try to boot up with or without a user.script entry it crashes my game at loading screen :'(
    The launcher crashes because you "cut and paste" the file and it probably throws an exception because it can't find the file. Try "copy and paste" instead!

If you are not using the launcher I don't know what causes it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but you should improve all your Polish units. These cast here are not good now.

Your Polish uniforms and few Polish units are quite strange e.g.

1. Polish 2nd Line Infantry Regiment wore Polish style black top squared czapki.
    Polish Fusilier infantry top squared czapki had white eagle above golden plate with regimental number.
    There also were white cords and light blue plume or pompon until 1810 or black pompon from 1810.
    Cords on infantry czapki were little bid differently placed, than cordes put on cavalry czapki.
    Common infantry soldiers' coats had white lapels with simple, stright cut in down sections while officers coats white lapels were similar to French coats.

2. 13th line regiment wore white uniform and this is correct, but their light blue lapels for common soldiers' coats were different than your model. Historical coats' lapels were simple, stright cut in down sections.

3. Polish hand not direct riflemen units. They used only Voltigeur units which were armed with common muskets and fought in similar way as French Voltigeurs. Their uniforms had yellow fascings and their black czapki had different colors yellow or green cords, plumes and golden plates with regimental number.

4. Polish Chevauleger de la Garde wore quite different dark blue uniform.
    You simply mistaken this unit with Dutch Chevauleger which serviced in Napoleon's guard in 2nd Chevauleger lancer regiment. They wore Polish style, but red colour uniforms. They even had nick name red lancers.
    Polish Chevaulegers serviced in 1st Old Guard regiment which wore dark blue uniform. This was very good and famous unit.
    You also could include other famous Polish Vistula Uhlan regiment. This unit serviced under few different names from 1798 until 1814. They distinguished themselves in many, many combats.

5. You include strange Polish light cavalry unit and I do not know what is this unit?
    Polish used some nobles levy in mass light cavalry, but these were differently uniformed than yours units.
    Better include other light cavalry units e.g.
    You could add fine Polish hussars. There were two or three such regiments in Polish army.
    There also were fine Krakus light cavalry regiment formed in 1813. This was very good unit.
    Polish formed few Horse Chasseur regiments which fought very well during Napoleonic Wars too.

6. Your include strange Polish light infantry unit and I do not know what is this unit?
    Polish did not have such model light infantry units. They had their common Voltigeurs and few different provisional units. There also were formed Polish Lithuanian Chasseur battalion in 1812.
    I also could admit that Polish line infantry could fought very well in light infantry role as they did during battles of Borodino and Leipzig.

You also could include other Polish infantry unit e.g. famous Vistula Legion infantry.

Here you can find fine info about Polish units from Napoleonic period.

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/polish_army_2.htm