Thread: SubMod: Moar generals!

Default SubMod: Moar generals!

It makes all Knights (both mounted and dismounted) and other elite units general units, making you more attached to each unit you have.
    This gives the game a more realistic feeling, because during the Middle Ages, under feudalism, Knights were recruited from Nobility. The leaders of the armies were nobles too. Nobles were either loyal or disloyal. Thus, the King could give his daughter's hand to any nobleman, if he wanted.

Be warned, that this doesn't make them Family Members. This makes them only Generals.
    They become Family Members only when you marry your princess to them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?33v4a73cz2az1td
    Put it into */Medieval II Total War/mods/Magyar_Mod2/Data and override the original one.
    Be sure to make a backup of the file before doing that.

Hope you like it

Default Re: SubMod: Moar generals!

So, no opinions?

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

The idea is not bad.

Pros:
    - buying a general is good. I really miss this from Medieval 2 (RTW:BI had trainable generals). It was really useful to have a governor in every city.

- diversity is good, I like it when my generals are not only from royal blood, but some are only barons

Cons:
    - every family member will have a hungarian name, and in the beginning there should be german and croatian knights in numbers (compared to hungarians)

- family member are more expensive

The ideal for me would be a trainable general unit with keeping non-family knights.

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    The idea is not bad.
    Thanks

Pros:
    - buying a general is good. I really miss this from Medieval 2 (RTW:BI had trainable generals). It was really useful to have a governor in every city.
    Yes, I miss that feathure from RTW:BI as well.
    However, I think that MTW1 had it right: you could give a title to any unit leader you wanted.

- diversity is good, I like it when my generals are not only from royal blood, but some are only barons
    Yes, it makes the game more realistic.

Cons:
    - every family member will have a hungarian name, and in the beginning there should be german and croatian knights in numbers (compared to hungarians)
    That could be moddable as well, if the creators of MagyarMod were interested in my SubMod.
    Also, see my reply to your later quote.

- family member are more expensive
    You might confused something here.
    Every family member is a general, but not every general is a family member.
    If you train general units, they will be simply generals, not family members.
    However, you could marry a princess to one of them, and they become family members.

The ideal for me would be a trainable general unit with keeping non-family knights.
    I don't know.
    Knights were from then nobility. Only nobles could command armies properly.
    I think every baron should be given opportunity to become a family member though marriage, and then claim the throne.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIONARIVS HVNGARIVS View Post
    You might confused something here.
    Every family member is a general, but not every general is a family member.
    If you train general units, they will be simply generals, not family members.
    However, you could marry a princess to one of them, and they become family members.

Bad wording. So: a bodyguard unit (no matter if general of family) has less men for bigger upkeep then a knight unit. Sometimes I just don't want all bodyguards, knights would do a better job.