Thread: Working with 4tpy script, SeasonalCampaigning, Roman/Greek/Barbar Leadership System

Default Working with 4tpy script, SeasonalCampaigning, Roman/Greek/Barbar Leadership System

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    !!! Working with the 4tpy script: !!!!

1. Start up BarebonesWars like normal. Start a new campaign. After the campaign finishes loading, the Victoria campaign advisor pop-up window will appear. The advisor pop-up window will be blinking. Click on the blinking Victoria portrait. This will open the advisor text window, letting you know that the 4 turns-per-year script is waiting for you to start it. Click on the "Show Me How" button. This will start the 4 turns-per-year script and close the Victoria campaign advisor pop-up window. The 4 turns-per-year mod has been started and you can start enjoying your campaign.

2. To reactivate the 4 turns-per-year script when you load a saved campaign, load the saved campaign like normal. Once your saved campaign has finished loading, either click on the faction button or select any of your cities, this will cause the Victoria advisor pop-up window to appear. The advisor pop-up window will be blinking. Click on the blinking Victoria portrait. This will open the advisor text window, letting you know that the 4 turns-per-year script is waiting for you to start it. Click on the "Show Me How" button. This will start the 4 turns-per-year script. If this is the first time you have loaded a saved campaign since starting this session of Rome Total Realism, the advisor pop-up window will automatically close. However, upon the second or more times of loading a saved campaign during this session of Rome Total Realism, you will have to close the advisor pop-up window yourself. This is normal behavior for this mod. I have not yet figured out why this occurs, but it will not affect your gameplay. If you forget to click on the faction button, or select any of your cities, and end your turn, you will have to reload your saved campaign again to insure proper start-up of the 4 turns-per-year script.

3. As a suggestion to help you remember which season a saved campaign was in, I would recommend the following format for the naming of saved campaigns...

"Season_Year" (Don't use the quotes in the saved campaign name. What you need to type is inside the quotes.)
    Example 1: Saved campaign was during the Spring of 255BC.
    Name the saved campaign "Spring_255BC".
    Example 2: Saved Campaign was during the Autumn of 1AD.
    Name the saved campaign "Autumn_1AD".

-------------------------------------------------
    Notes for Seasonal Campaigning: Marcus Camillus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------
    During a Spring, Summer and Autumn season turn, troops that do not start as part of a field army lead by a faction character general will have a reduced movement allowance. Troops that do start a Spring, Summer and Autumn season turn in a field army that is lead by a faction character general, will receive a movement bonus due to the faction character general's staff assisting in the organization, supply and movement of the army.

It will now be even more important that your field armies be lead by a faction character general. It will also be important to have new units heading to the front, as troop reinforcements or replacements, to rendezvous at a central location, and then be lead to the front by a junior officer (faction character general). The best location for a troop rendezvous point would be a field location, or fort, that is central to several troop producing cities, with a junior officer waiting to organize and then lead these troop reinforcements/replacements to the front. Your junior officers that are not ready to lead an army yet, will now have a new important task of bringing your troop reinforcements/replacements to the front in an organized and therefore speedier process.

Campaigning during the Winter season will now be more realistically portrayed. Movement will now be at a reduced rate during the Winter season for all factions. Movement during the Winter season will be reduced by approximately 50% for all characters, fleets and troops. Campaigning was historically ended during the Winter, and started again the next Spring. This mod has attempted to simulate this historical reality. Armies will still be able to campaign during the Winter season, but at a reduced movement rate. The troop movement bonus from faction character generals will not be available until the following Spring turn. During the Winter season turn, if you look at the details for each of your characters, a new trait named "Winter Campaigning Season" will be listed, probably near the bottom of a characters traits list. This trait is temporary, and will disappear by the start of the next Spring season turn, thereby restoring the movement rate of your characters to their full amount, and the movement bonus for troops in a field army lead by a faction character general.

An exception to campaigning in the Winter has been made for the German and Sarmatian factions. Due to their colder home climate in the dark forests of northern Europa, the German peoples were more acclimated to the harsh rigors of Winter. Their leaders will be able to move unhindered by the effects of Winter. Also, their troops that start a Winter season turn as part of a field army lead by a faction character general, will be able to move unhindered by the effects of Winter. Looking at the character details of you German faction character generals, you will note a new trait titled "Winter Warrior (Germans)". This trait is permanent, and will be acquired by all new faction characters, whether acquired by "Coming of Age", "Adoption", or "Marriage".

The Sarmations, due to their life on the cold and wind-swept plains and steppes of eastern Europa, were also more acclimated to the harsh rigors of Winter. They too will receive the same bonus of unhindered movement during the Winter. The new trait for them is titled "Winter Warrior (Sarmations)", and is permanent.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman Leadership System !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graphical Overview

Here an example of an tribun promoted to Legate after two turns stay in city eho leads now the first Legion

Roman Leadership

Faction Leader (Princeps Senatus)
    - Leader of the Roman Senate.

Faction Heir (Future Princeps Senatus)
    - Future Leader of the Roman Senate.

Consul (Consul)
    - During the times of the Republic of Rome, 2 Consuls were elected as the chief magistrates, the highest elected public office. Each was a magistrate in their own right, but had veto power over the official actions of the other.
    - During times of war, Consuls served as the Roman commnaders-in-chief of all Roman military forces.
    - Upon advancement to Consul, a Roman character will receive an increase of +3 to Command due to his command staff assisting him with his military duties. He will also receive an increase of +3 to Personal Security and a +60 to Siege Engineering. He will continue to receive these bonuses while holding the military rank of General. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from active service and receive an increase of +4 to Influence. At a later date, he will be available for return to military service as a Consul.
    - An individual most serve a minimum of 5 years as a General to be eligible for the position of Consul
    - As was the historical situation, only two Consul positions will be available. One advantage the player will have over what often was the historical reality, is that both Consuls will be in complete agreement at all times, never veto'ing the official actions of the other.
    - One Consul position is available immediately. I have currently made the second Consul position available after the Republic of Rome controls more than 20 provinces. I did this for play balance, but may remove this restriction.

Governor of Latium (Praetor Urbanus)
    - Governor of Latium, resides in Roma.
    - The Governor of Latium must have served a minimum of 5 years as a General (Praetor).
    - An individual serving as the Governor of Latium will receive an increase of +1 to Management and +1 to Law. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from his service as the Governor of Latium and will receive an increase of +2 to Influence.
    - The Governor of Latium will be assigned a Quaestor (a character ancillary), who represents the governor's second-in-command, assisting with the financial details of governing the province of Latium. This character ancillary will confer a +5% to Tax Collection and +1 to Management.

Provincial Governor (Rector Provinciae)
    - Governor of one of the Roman provinces outside of Latium.
    - A Legate may serve as a temporary Provincial Governor (Legatus Propraetor). A Legate must have served 6 years as a Legate. A Legate will serve a term of one year as a temporary Provincial Governor (Legatus Propraetor).
    - A General may serve as a temporary Provincial Governor (Propraetor). A General will serve a term of one year as a temporary Provincial Governor (Propraetor).
    - A Provincial Governor must have served a term of 1 year as a General (Praetor).
    - An individual serving as a Provincial Governor, whether permanent or temporary, will receive an increase of +1 to Management and +1 to Law. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from his service as Provincial Governor and will receive an increase of +1 to Influence.
    - The number of Provincial Governors will be determined by the number of provinces control by the Republic of Rome. For every 10 provinces, there will be one Provincial Governor.
    - A Provincial Governor will be assigned a Quaestor (a character ancillary), who represents the governor's second-in-command, assisting with the financial details of governing the province. This character ancillary will confer a +5% to Tax Collection and +1 to Management.

General (Praetor)
    - Served as the senior Roman officer in command of Roman military forces on campaign in a region.
    - Upon advancement to General, a Roman character will receive an increase of +3 to Command due to his general's staff assisting him with his military duties. He will also receive an increase of +2 to Personal Security and a +40 to Siege Engineering. He will continue to receive these bonuses while holding the military rank of General. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from active military service and receive an increase of +3 to Influence. At a later date, he will be available for return to military service as a Praetor.
    - An individual most serve a minimum of 5 years as a General to be eligible for the position of Provincial Governor.
    - The number of Generals will be determined by the number of provinces controlled by the Republic of Rome. For every 10 provinces, there will be one General.

Legate (Legatus Legionis)
    - Served as commanding officer of a Roman Legion.
    - Upon advancement to Legate, a Roman character will receive an increase of +3 to Command due to the legion's staff and experienced centurions assisting him with his military duties. He will also receive an increase of +1 to Personal Security and a +20 to Siege Engineering. He will continue to receive these bonuses while holding the military rank of Legate. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from active military service and receive an increase of +2 to Influence. At a later date, he will be available for return to military service as a Legate.
    - A Legate can be appointed by the Roman Senate to serve as a temporary Provincial Governor (Legatus Propraetor) in the absence of a Praetor.
    - An individual most serve a minimum of 10 years as a Legate to be eligible for the military rank of Praetor.

Tribune (Tribunus Militum)
    - Upon advancement to Tribune, a Roman character will receive an increase of +1 to Command due to the experienced centurions assisting him with the accomplishment of his military duties. He will continue to receive these bonuses while holding the military rank of Tribune. Upon retiring from active service, he will lose the bonuses from active military service and receive an increase of +1 to Influence. After retiring from active service, he may return to military service as a Tribune by simply fulfilling the requirements for entering service in the Roman Army.
    - An individual most serve a minimum of 10 years as a Tribune to be eligible for the military rank of Legate.

Student (Discipulus)
    - A character who is acquired via the "Coming of Age" event, being only 16 years old, will begin his formal education and personal combat training as a Student. After spending 4 years as a student, he will be eligible to enter military service as a Tribune.
    - During his 4 years of formal education and personal combat training, to make the best use of this time, a character should travel to Roma, or the nearest city, and take up residence until he is 20 years old. A city with a Scriptorium, or higher level of eductional building, would be an ideal residence for a Student, so he can take advantage of the increased chances of acquiring useful character traits and ancillaries.
    - An alternative, would be to accompany an older relative who is currently serving in the Roman Army. He will not benefit from any increased command bonuses, but may gain military skills, though he will have a higher chance of acquiring the less savory traits of military life. His best choice would be formal schooling in the nearest city.
    - In extreme circumstances, he can still lead military forces, but due to his lack of experience, he will not gain any command bonuses.

Remarks

* All new characters acquired via through adoption, captains joining your faction, and marrying into your family via your daughters, will start with 4 years of military service in the rank of Tribune.

* All new characters acquired via the "Coming of Age" event will spend a period of 4 years receiving an education and basic hand-to-hand combat training. Once they have finished training and reached the age of 20, they will be eligible for their first military assignment as Tribune. They will still be available to lead troops, but will not receive the benefit of holding the military rank of Tribune.

* I have an idea for including a new character ancilliary for my Roman rank of Legate, several unique character ancilliaries named "Roman I Legion", "Roman II Legion", etc., to give an in-game way of tracking/simulating the Roman legions. Each would be unique and would not duplicate each other. When they are given to a legion's commander, the trait/ancilliary system will check that a particular "legion" ancilliary is not already in use. If it is, the next one available will be used. I have not worked everything out yet, but the concept is working in my current beta version. Neat thing too, is since ancilliaries can be transferred between characters, if you wish to appoint a new legion commander for an existing legion, you can transfer the "legion" ancilliary to the new commander and have the old commander depart for his new duties. The new legion commander will be given his rank, the level being dependent on his previous experience. I may also be able to include unique names, that would honor their past victories over conquered factions, etc. I have decided that whether these "legio" ancilliaries will confer a +1 to troop morale, or just provide a means to track your legions via the Roman numbering system for legions. I am currently using a +1 troop morale bonus in my current beta version. I have currently settled on 3 Legions always being available, 4 Legions available with more than 2 cities controlled, then one additional Legion per every 3 additinal cities controlled by the Romans, with a maximum of 40 Legions being available total. I created these limits to restrict the number of legions that could be formed. Originally I wanted the Legion banner and accompanying Legate rank to be available only for a full strength legion, thereby preventing the formation of tons of small one unit legions. With the number of legions available restricted, I figured they would be used more historically.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Greek/Barbarian Leadership system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

similar to roman
    Greek: Greek_cities_ thrace, macedon, seleucid
    Barbarian: Gauls, German, Dacia, Scythia, Briton, Spain

left roman...middle greek...right barbarian

student (discupulus)...........Ephebus...........Knave
    tribune..............................Dekarchos...........Horde Leader
    legate...............................Lochagos...........Clan Leader
    general...........................Polemarchos.........Chieftain
    consul.............................Strategos.............Warlord. (Dux)
    faction leader, heir..................Basileus.............Warrior King (Rex, Filius Rex)

For the ancillaries:
    roman legion I..................Greek Lochos I.........................Clan Army I
    roman field army I.............Greek Mora I............................Tribe Army I
    roman consular army I........Greek Strategos Army I.............Dux Army I

Greek

Barbarian
    Last edited by repman; October 25, 2006 at 05:15 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics