Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gwaith-i-Erynthin? What is that?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gwaith-i-Erynthin? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Kelt View Post
    The Elven Guilds and reforging concepts are great ideas in my opinion, and they add more colour to the game.

I've been reading Tolkien (and not just LOTR) for years now, and I dont mind this creative freedom as Diglytron rightly puts it, as long as it remains true to the "spirit" of the Prof himself.
    Besides, if we slavishly stuck to the "correct" lore, there wouldnt be half as many settlements in the game (e.g. Byrig, Mistrand, Annulond etc...), and it would be unbalanced, and a lot more people would complain... Now complaints just remind me of spoilt greedy children who are never satisfied !!!

So King Kong, Baron, Aikanar, Louis Lux (and all the others who have created and enriched this WONDERFUL mod) :
    Be rightly proud of your achievements and dont let the "complainers" bring you down!!!! You have done and are doing a brilliant job, so many congrats!!!!
    Thanks mate, but I really don't know how my buildings, my names for them, my concept and my descriptions have come into an official realse of TA:TW without me being asked for permission, nor have I granted it.
    Sure thing, I would have done so, would King Kong have asked me, which he has not ventured to to.

To be honest, I'm a bit, uhm, bewildered by this use of my work without my permission.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

if this has happened, a apology is the least that should be given, along with credit for your work.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Sorry to necro this thread but it contains wrong information. As do a bunch of other threads on the matter, most of which are referring back to this one.

It is true that some buildings seemingly have no purpose when in fact they attract a guild that in turn gives growth bonuses. But Gwaith-i-Erynthin is not one of them. This building and its upgrade are not used by any other file (trait triggers, guild triggers, etc.) and their only capability is a growth bonus to the AI.

There is zero benefit to the player in building this, other than aesthetics and traits/ancs you might get for constructing it (as you do for constructing any building).
    Last edited by Withwnar; January 17, 2015 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread but it contains wrong information. As do a bunch of other threads on the matter, most of which are referring back to this one.

It is true that some buildings seemingly have no purpose when in fact they attract a guild that in turn gives growth bonuses. But Gwaith-i-Erynthin is not one of them. This building and its upgrade are not used by any other file (trait triggers, guild triggers, etc.) and their only capability is a growth bonus to the AI.

There is zero benefit to the player in building this, other than aesthetics and traits/ancs you might get for constructing it (as you do for constructing any building).
    Thanks God you wrote this, I was just going to ask it. I started a campaign with Silvan Elves few days ago. So, this building has no purpose in TATW 3.2?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Nope, not for the player.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    this thread but it contains wrong information.
    So, KK is false here?, he should have wrote "these buildings, save GiE one"?:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10737324
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    So, KK is false

The answer is your ending suggestion, or more likely he had not intended for it to have merely an AI bonus/impact, and was confident it was not so.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Looks like what KK said was at the time of 3.0, they refer to "3.0" a few posts down. Maybe things changed in 3.1 or 3.2. But yes, for 3.2 at least, what KK is saying is not completely true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12