Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shire Autonomy

Default Shire Autonomy

Since the old Questions thread is closed, I'm tossing this one out to the wind:

I am playing as the Free Peoples of Eriador, and I came across the option to grant the Shire its autonomy. I did so; they did not break off as their own faction or any such nonsense, nor did I notice any other immediate change. Which begs the question; what does granting the Shire it's autonomy do???

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shire Autonomy

Quote Originally Posted by AETelcontar View Post
    Since the old Questions thread is closed, I'm tossing this one out to the wind:

I am playing as the Free Peoples of Eriador, and I came across the option to grant the Shire its autonomy. I did so; they did not break off as their own faction or any such nonsense, nor did I notice any other immediate change. Which begs the question; what does granting the Shire it's autonomy do???
    Tax exempt? Idk, just guessing...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

I'd advise waiting, telling everything will spoil all the fun (and you should surely see at least a few immediate effects).

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by AETelcontar View Post
    Since the old Questions thread is closed.
    Huh? It's not closed. Did something happen while I was away?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    nope, it was there all the time, only the suggestions thread and the 2.1 one got closed

Robotic's Avatar Foederatus

i have also been playing Eriador, and done the shire autonomy. Ive had this for about 8-10 turns and it hasnt given me any hobbits. its just wasted money on useless buildings/units. grr

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    I'd advise waiting, telling everything will spoil all the fun (and you should surely see at least a few immediate effects).

Regards
    You could tell us in a Spoiler. Not everyone likes surprises, and as the political leader of a nation in TA:TW, I'd very much like to know all the terms and conditions before granting a settlement autonomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    You could tell us in a Spoiler. Not everyone likes surprises, and as the political leader of a nation in TA:TW, I'd very much like to know all the terms and conditions before granting a settlement autonomy.
    Very well (it's not like it's not suggested in event description):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You don't grant autonomy: riots
    You grant autonomy:
    - you can't build or recruit in Shire (only automatic amanagement is allowed)
    - every ~15 turns you get reinforcements
    - your faction character's get some traits (factionwide or on visiting Michel Delving)
    - dragon inn gives +2 trade and +1 population growth
    - hobbits will finish roads for you every other turn
    You cancel autonomy:
    - all reinforcements get withdrawn
    - riots
    - and even more riots for 5 turns

Regards

Thanks! Yeah well, the in-character description isn't really clear what exactly they do. So Hobbits finish roads instantly in Eriador, very nice. Seems to me like Autonomy is the way to go, at least at the start of the game.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    Thanks! Yeah well, the in-character description isn't really clear what exactly they do. So Hobbits finish roads instantly in Eriador, very nice. Seems to me like Autonomy is the way to go, at least at the start of the game.
    Then of course you can impose your iron will upon them
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

I forgot to mention (it may not be so obvious) - you can grant autonomy to Shire or Fangorn if you own these regions playing any faction.

Also the bonuses are a bit different if you're evil and take Shire.

Regards

Thank you for the replies! I've already experienced some of the benefits, and I am quite pleased! Get back to work Hobbits!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    I was mistaken! My apologies! When I checked, I saw that one of the stickied threads was closed, and the Questions thread was pushed to Page 2. Feel free to merge me with the Questions thread!

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You don't grant autonomy: riots
    You grant autonomy:
    - you can't build or recruit in Shire (only automatic amanagement is allowed)
    - every ~15 turns you get reinforcements
    - your faction character's get some traits (factionwide or on visiting Michel Delving)
    - dragon inn gives +2 trade and +1 population growth
    You cancel autonomy:
    - all reinforcements get withdrawn
    - riots
    - and even more riots for 5 turns
    So...
    granting autonomy gives you a bonus
    not granting gives you a malus

Do not want to sound silly but... what for is the option then?
    If you accept it you get free units and stuff...
    If you do not you get a riot...only!
    In my opinion after the riot the bonus should be even bigger...
    people ( I bet hobbits too ) usually donate less money as you would take from them by force...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

It's people's right to rule themselves as they wish, if you suppress this desire, then you can control the region. Otherwise you don't and they build and recruit whatever they like, which possibly means less profit etc.

Regards

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

...so... these damn Hobbits won´t get their own settlement! Its mine then...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    ...the woman trampled didn't look impenetrable. So they ran through her.

I have a quick question about Shire Autonomy:

I initially granted autonomy but didn't see the auto-manage actually building anything in the settlements. I sent a Diplomat to Michel Delving and revoked autonomy so I could build the rest of the "town-level" buildings in Hobbiton/Longbottom. Now I want to grant autonomy again. Will I ever get a second chance to grant autonomy or is there only one opportunity to do this?

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by HandofJaime View Post
    I have a quick question about Shire Autonomy:

I initially granted autonomy but didn't see the auto-manage actually building anything in the settlements. I sent a Diplomat to Michel Delving and revoked autonomy so I could build the rest of the "town-level" buildings in Hobbiton/Longbottom. Now I want to grant autonomy again. Will I ever get a second chance to grant autonomy or is there only one opportunity to do this?
    Did you set the towns to "auto-manage"? If then you need to check the "buildings only" box. You can also do the same for military units. This is the only way to make the villages actually build stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tjd123 View Post
    Did you set the towns to "auto-manage"? If then you need to check the "buildings only" box. You can also do the same for military units. This is the only way to make the villages actually build stuff.
    I set the towns to auto-manage and sent a diplomat to the Shire. I got a new request to grant autonomy, which I granted. However, I left the auto-manage on, and two of the provinces started rioting within 2 turns! I was under the impression that after you granted autonomy, you didn't need to station any men there. Is it possible at all to have the Shire provinces actually build things after you grant autonomy? It seems like every time the auto-manager either built or recruited, public order dropped precipitously.

Tiro

Like I said, you need to check the construction box. And you should have units stationed within each town. If you have auto-manage on for construction, they SHOULD build your buildings. What is your financial situation like? If your not making to much money, they may not be building for you for the sake of your economy.

but cost you more money

P/s: by the way , if you get Fangorn autonomy and have Ents , after some turns , the Ents unit in your stack can "get tired for march" and will return to their land (that mean disband) . I say this to any one don't know about it .
    Last edited by Maha Moggalana; December 26, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast