Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 555809596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2330

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

I recently got a new computer and reinstalled Third age using the "rename a kingdoms campaign" method and it seems to work fine (about 30 turns in), but I was looking through the forums and saw in a post that said because of a recently steam update I'm not supposed to use that method.

My question is why? and am I missing anything by using the rename method or will my game crash later in my campaign because of how i installed it?
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

I installed 3.2 and renamed the mod folder to one of the kingdoms campaigns. Tried to run it and it will give me the load screen then crash back to windows. Some assistance would be appreciated.

I've got a BIG problem, you see I try to download second part of it but it says it's too big for notepad, how do I change it to word

where is the link to 3.2?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cameron raven View Post
    I've got a BIG problem, you see I try to download second part of it but it says it's too big for notepad, how do I change it to word
    What is it exactly that you are trying to do?
    You should just download, save to your computer and then run the exe to install everything. No need for Notepad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLord Dragous View Post
    where is the link to 3.2?
    Everywhere
    In the first post of this thread, under the very convenient header 'download links', among other places

Everytime I want to enter battle on the battlefield in campaign (at least with elves), game crashes (I have Steam edition btw)

Quote Originally Posted by jari18 View Post
    Everytime I want to enter battle on the battlefield in campaign (at least with elves), game crashes (I have Steam edition btw)
    Hi Jari18 - try this.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light+settings

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

If 3.1 patch apparently contains a virus, why is it still in the OP? According to chrome, moddb page and some other posts...
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

edit: Yeah, 3.2 already has all the files needed from 3.1... so I really can't figure it out. You guys should remove it so other people don't get the virus
    Last edited by z3n; December 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

That 3.1 should contained a virus is completely new information I can tell you, we've have had not a single report or warning about it, from modders or players alike, and I personally doubt it, especially without any further information.
    The only virus topics we had up has been when over-zealous anti-virus programs questioned downloading TATW content, not from folks who actually downloaded it and installed it.
    Will investigate further into the matter.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Moderator Emeritus

Well if you read the post supposedly by king kong (author on moddb page), if you go down to the installation section it states there is a virus in 3.1 patch. Along with chrome reporting a virus, I could have downloaded it through sandboxie and then checked the file in virustotal but it seemed like a waste of time if king kong removed the patch on moddb because it contained a virus and then edited the post about it just so people knew. I don't really understand why the OP would have an obsolete patch to be installed by people anyway, sorry if that comes off as rude, it just strikes me as pointless work and confusing for a noob. Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP... I'm wondering if it could be the reason for getting a zeroaccess virus (after which I had to reformat) a year ago or so. Probably not but I do recall installing third age 3.1 patch around that time.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...e-total-war-30
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

The question is weither it's a ModDB moderator's edit or King Kong's. The post is from 2012 with no indication when it was updated. 3.1 was avilable until earlier this year still. King Kong did not inform us about any such problem, nor did he edit his install instructions here, adding some uncertainty about it.
    If there is a virus contained in it, that would affected tens of thousands of people, so some ought to reacted and waved the red flag.
    At any rate I'll await input from ModDB's staff.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I downloaded all three things I was supposed to, only to find out that instead of them being exe's they are just files and I can't open them. Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Cvlsoldier View Post
    I downloaded all three things I was supposed to, only to find out that instead of them being exe's they are just files and I can't open them. Anyone else having this problem?
    Hi,

you got it to work? They are supposed to be installers.
    Otherwise check this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tallation-Help
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM.

hello i have windows 8.1 when i start installer the files not start and say" file contain invalid data" what can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dak28 View Post
    hello i have windows 8.1 when i start installer the files not start and say" file contain invalid data" what can i do?
    That means you got a corrupt -bad download, and you need to re download the file(s) which give you the error message.

Do not use Internet Explorer for downloading TATW files, use either Mozzila Firefox or Chrome.

During downloading files, do not use your PC for anything else, like: surfing Internet, playing games, listening to music, watching TV etc.. Just let it download in peace.

@Everyone else, Regarding TATW 3.1 Patch containing a virus: That is a complete BS, none of us here got a virus warning for it and there are thousands of us who downloaded it and installed it with different Anti Virus programs and with Anti Malware-Spyware programs.

That is a pure BS.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 27, 2014 at 07:19 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I donwloaded during night wihtout playing and do everithing else... but i will try to re-donwload, 3 donwload corrupted?? possible?

3.0 part 1&2 + 3.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Dak28 View Post
    I donwloaded during night wihtout playing and do everithing else... but i will try to re-donwload, 3 donwload corrupted?? possible?

3.0 part 1&2 + 3.2?
    If all three files give you the error message, then they are all corrupted. If only one or two gives you the error message, then re download those.

You can test to see which ones are corrupt: make a new folder somewhere, and run each TATW .exe file and install it in this new folder.

The .exe file which gives you the error message is corrupt.

Also, there are torrent TATW files if you are familiar with downloading using torrent clients: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12978856
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is there any other mirror? Moddb is slow as hell.

Moderator Emeritus

Well I hope you're right elvenkind about it being 'bs' all the same you guys should finish contacting Moddb about that... From what I know some viruses are really sneaky since they have plenty of time to test their virus on an anti virus before releasing it into the wild, especially the more complicated ones like rootkits/worms... Never did figure out where zeroaccess even came from and I had n360 + premium malwarebytes both which are among the very best in their respective fields of coverage. They didn't even notice it or help much. I had to go through bleepingcomputer to remove it but even then I felt like there were still traces so I had to reformat. they can attach themselves to executable code sometimes or more insidious methods so I'm not blaming third age 3.1 per se it's just that a virus may have really got into it. :/ Maybe some1 should do the sandboxie thing, myself, it's not really my problem as I am just trying to bring attention to the possibility and highlight the fact that it's in third age news which only (presumably) king kong can access or moddb staff (which almost never do things like that).

Btw, with torrents run by qbittorrent (there are other torrent downloaders but that one is probably the best, since utorrent sucks now due to adware) you don't need to worry about invalid/corrupted files. And there are third age torrents, which is why I mentioned this.
    The AI Workshop Creator

mods/thirdage/data/fmv/events/fs_beacons.bik this file contains invalid error 11FD third age cannot completely install. Could someone help me with this?