Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

both links said the file had been removed, i wanted to play with barons 3.1 sub mod so i could recruit more and retrain faster i like the battle part honestly and with orcs im finding it kind of hard when they have missles and horses

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

ty

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by No More Moves View Post
    Whenever I download the first file from mod db...what should i open the file with? winzip, notepad etc?...and it doesnt seem to save as an application...However when i download the 2nd part whenever it finishes it automatically launches a Third age Installer...do I save the first part as a text file and then put it in the destination folder of the 2nd part?
    As I already said it here in your thread, you used Internet Explorer for downloading TATW .exe files, IE is known to screw up Windows Registry settings for .exe files.

Try to use this "Fix it myself method": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2688326/en-us#appliesto

If it doesn't work, use Mozilla Firefox for downloading TATW.exe files.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Playing the mod just now, downlaoded with chrome, always use chrome for downlaoding! n
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Which bugfixes should be done? Seeing how the posts in the linked thread are dated from 2012 so aren't they in 3.2 version already?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    Which bugfixes should be done? Seeing how the posts in the linked thread are dated from 2012 so aren't they in 3.2 version already?
    There are two atm. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ntial-bugfixes

Reinforcement and Mumakil Ground fix.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    There are two atm. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ntial-bugfixes

Reinforcement and Mumakil Ground fix.
    Ok thanks, was getting confused by the other links in later posts.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Wait, there seem to be two conflicting claims in the OP. Do I need 3.1 first if I were to download the 3.2 patch? Or do I just need 3.0 before I patch directly to 3.2?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Wait, there seem to be two conflicting claims in the OP. Do I need 3.1 first if I were to download the 3.2 patch? Or do I just need 3.0 before I patch directly to 3.2?
    You need both 3.0 files and then you install 3.2 on top of that. There is no need to bother with 3.1.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    You need both 3.0 files and then you install 3.2 on top of that. There is no need to bother with 3.1.
    You are now officially my homeboy, Greymane. Don't worry, I'll handle all the paperwork, but what this means is that from now on, Roma_Victrix has your back, in a very real and legally binding sense. +1 rep

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

I downloaded both TA 3.0 parts but I can't open them, they should be in .exe format, right? Well, they are not Type of files is "0_PART2OF2[1] File (.0_Part2of2[1])" How can I open that? It's not the first time I'm installing 3.0 version, never had that problem before.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

IIRC they are .exe files yes

are you telling you have already installed TATW? So the are those same old files or have you downloaded them again?

I'm not very techy, but it looks like you are trying to use partially dowloaded or compressed files there
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    I downloaded both TA 3.0 parts but I can't open them, they should be in .exe format, right? Well, they are not
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    IIRC they are .exe files yes
    They're supposed to be, yes.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Atm says file are not avaible to download.

Busy servers then, try again later. Getting a ModDB-account may also help.

Just fired up this mod the other day, it is still by far the best mod I've played for any video game.
    Amazing work to all who got involved. Oh the memories...
    Total War addict since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by jackenbu2 View Post
    Just fired up this mod the other day, it is still by far the best mod I've played for any video game.
    Amazing work to all who got involved. Oh the memories...
    I ended up firing it up again to replay it, had been a while since the last time, and it's still as awesome, specially with new changes by sub mods, even started modding medieval 2(3d models) just because of this mod.

I have a question. I did install the 3.0 version and the patch 3.2 of Third Age. No other mods. And now I am not able to open it through steam. I have the steam version. When i click to start it it loads for a moment and then stops. What should I do? I redownloaded medieval and deleted the folder in steam manually to install it again. And same problem. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simmielol123 View Post
    I have a question. I did install the 3.0 version and the patch 3.2 of Third Age. No other mods. And now I am not able to open it through steam. I have the steam version. When i click to start it it loads for a moment and then stops. What should I do? I redownloaded medieval and deleted the folder in steam manually to install it again. And same problem. Thanks
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

Is your M2TW updated with that latest Multiplayer patch for Kingdoms? If it is, use these steps to reinstall TATW: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14422184