Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.1 Released

Thank you so much for your work this so great... It cannot be explainded in words.. Such a joy...

cant install the part 2 tells me file invalide...part 1 worked fine...any help??

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Reinstall
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Redownload, you mean
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Installed and patched everything ..when try to start it it sayd could not finde kingdom.exe ...what am i doing wrong ??? ty

Did you install the mod in the same location as the base vanilla install?

its working now ty all

I cant find the feedback thread so im asking this Q here.
    One There are Supposed to be two descr_geography files in the Third Age Mod/Data directory yes?
    Two, Im assuming after looking thru the Descr_strat that All Settlements Dont have names, just the province name(i noticed there was no settlement lookup text either), so then i ask, how did you guys name the settlements when the descr_strat doesnt show them?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ErmanesTheSecond View Post
    I cant find the feedback thread so im asking this Q here.
    One There are Supposed to be two descr_geography files in the Third Age Mod/Data directory yes?
    Two, Im assuming after looking thru the Descr_strat that All Settlements Dont have names, just the province name(i noticed there was no settlement lookup text either), so then i ask, how did you guys name the settlements when the descr_strat doesnt show them?
    Some text file named imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlements.txt or something, descr_regions has the names of settlements and regions for the game and how they show up in game is in the other txt file.

Laetus

Hi, I have problem installing the first part of TATW 3.0. I run Kingdoms Steam version on Linux through wine, and I'm aware that it's not the officially supported way, but the game itself works perfectly. When I run TATW_3.0_Part1of2.exe, it starts installing, but always exits with error: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32754635/tatw_install.png
    I tried re-downloading the file from moddb couple of times, but I always get the same result. The second part installs without problems as well as the 3.1 patch. Any ideas what might be wrong with the first part or how to fix it? I have a backup plan to install Windows XP on virtualbox and run TATW installation from there, but I hope there is an easier way to do it.

downloading now.. if it doesnt start to move faster i'm going to throw a tantrum haha

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Can you use trolls in siege battles? I get an error when I start the attack on the Silvan Elves Capital, and I have trolls in my army, and I guess it's related to them in some way.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

I'm pretty sure you can as I'm constantly being sieged by Trolls.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Nice job team! I love the new buildings

The Mod is Great, for my own private mod purposes i elimanated the two events that allow for the more elite units, As well as those event counter lines in the EDB, so now i can build everything without waiting 40 turns etc. To compensate though i gave the evil faction huge amounts of cash and some buildings that normally took forever now only take 1 turn for them to build. Also, i gave GOndor's troops a small stat boost for every unit, i gave the best units one extra hitpoint, and every unit at least a 5 point all round stat increase, except in the defence categories, there i only gave a 5-10 point increase on the line detailing the units defensive skill, i tested these improved units against a mob of trolls and sauron in a siege of Minas Tirith, and man, i still lost a good third of my army, which is what i wanted, not overkill but not making the Gondor guys Supermen, so now its alittle more realistic in bringing down trolls and such, though those spiders are hella annoying. now for an excellent campaign, oh and this is one sneaky AI, in the MInas Tirith Siege, he literally snuck 3 stacks of trolls past my lines and got them all the way up to the citadel, of course, i had a large amount of troops there to counter but, hey thats some smart AI, as they rarely ever do that in mods ive played or even in vanilla.

Indefinitely Banned

Great guys

Ruskea Vene? That is Finnish language for "Brown Boat".

i'm getting this error: total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    do u know how to solve it?
    I instalared total war II + kingodoms, downoad third age 3.0 and updates to 3.1 and this error persists

Quote Originally Posted by susana View Post
    i'm getting this error: total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit
    do u know how to solve it?
    I instalared total war II + kingodoms, downoad third age 3.0 and updates to 3.1 and this error persists
    Go here and make sure you installed everything correctly
    Now there are some extra things you have to do to get it to work correctly if you are using Steam, also if you are using Windows 7 or Vista you might want to take a look at this

~~~~~Hope This Helps~~~~~
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks