Page 31 of 117 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    I'm guessing that it will be rebuilt when/if you ever get the population of east osgiliath high enough to convert it into a huge city (it starts as a large city). But seeing as how east Osgiliath starts essentially devoid of people, and population growth is so slow... it's going to probably require going a good 300 turns or more to make that happen.

The reason I suspect it's tied to east Osgiliath is because West Osgiliath does not have an option to grow it beyond its starting status as a fortress.

I could be totally wrong. There may be some event that occurs later in the game or something, but the option to upgrade E.O. seems like a logical possibility.

Taking a population from 0 to 28000 is just too dumb, you would have to intentionally comp in your home regions for the map not being one colour when you get it. I'm guessing it is "Build all buildings" or something like that.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "I called it!" I posted my idea for Osgiliath almost a year ago, turns out it's the one KK decided to use. I'm feeling pretty good right about now . For proof check out the spoiler box below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    I'd keep Osgiliath 2 cities, but give them battle maps that overlap. For a rough idea of how this would look check out this mock up:

The green area would be the defender's deployment zone while the red would be the attackers.

The benefit of doing it this way is that it would still feel like you were fighting in one big city but it would allow Gondor to hold onto West Osgiliath even after the east side falls. Of course, I don't even know if something like this would work given the tools being used, i still think it'd be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Taking a population from 0 to 28000 is just too dumb, you would have to intentionally comp in your home regions for the map not being one colour when you get it. I'm guessing it is "Build all buildings" or something like that.
    I don't know about it being "dumb." It's the natural point at which the existing game mechanics make a new city model available. I'm just keeping taxes on low, building farms and livestock farming, while keeping a high chivalry general in the settlement to boost growth.

If you can get growth to around 4.5 to 5% per turn (which appears to be doable) you could actually have a shot at this. We'll see. It's my hunch, and for now, I'm rolling with it.

Seems more likely to me than "build all buildings" in a game that has no existing mechanic to do anything to in game models when that happens. Doing that woul also take an eternity, because finances are so low, and build times are so high (and there's a whole crap load of buildings to build).

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "I called it!" I posted my idea for Osgiliath almost a year ago, turns out it's the one KK decided to use. I'm feeling pretty good right about now . For proof check out the spoiler box below:

You're just wonderful!

East Osgoliath is only settlement i can defend without much trouble although I think the ruined walls should have more gaps. Being able to ford the river is quite strange, is that Lore?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    You're just wonderful!

East Osgoliath is only settlement i can defend without much trouble although I think the ruined walls should have more gaps. Being able to ford the river is quite strange, is that Lore?

R
    No, its game limitations.

SOURCE CODE! SOURCE CODE! Please, someone release the source code!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

Awesome! This mod is extremely fun! I've just recently ran in to an Error that's bugging the hell out of me if anyone can help? I'm playing as Rhun and "The Dark Lord" called an Invasion to take the Dwarven Capitol of Erebor and I am currently laying siege... I end my turn and they choose to attack me head on, I enter the battle and about 3 minutes in I get the "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" every time. I have yet to have the same Error in any other battle. Any help would be appreciated. (And siming the battle would suck because I would get stomped due to Dwarves being bad ass...)

Hi , i just wanted to tell you about some problems i have faced and find any solutions, if any, firstly why when i play a custom siege in hornburg and i am the defender the attacker has only one ladder despite the fact that i have put 3 or 4 ladders. there is no problem when i am the attacker. and why when i am a defender in moria in custom battle the enemy doesn't attack? plz help me fix these.

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

I seem to be getting the Error more often now in different battles? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    I don't know about it being "dumb." It's the natural point at which the existing game mechanics make a new city model available. I'm just keeping taxes on low, building farms and livestock farming, while keeping a high chivalry general in the settlement to boost growth.

If you can get growth to around 4.5 to 5% per turn (which appears to be doable) you could actually have a shot at this. We'll see. It's my hunch, and for now, I'm rolling with it.

Seems more likely to me than "build all buildings" in a game that has no existing mechanic to do anything to in game models when that happens. Doing that woul also take an eternity, because finances are so low, and build times are so high (and there's a whole crap load of buildings to build).
    See this Post
    He says just West to citadel, which is slightly easier.

This game is AWESOME!!! I really wanna play it, but the installation is so complicated for me, i honestly don't know what and how to do it. i watched you tube videos and read the forums and i still don't get it. can someone please explain it better for me to understand the name change thing, or know a really good video of how to install it, please do tell me! thank you!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

You download the installers and run them. That's it.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

+1 to what he said, I had to add x(86) to the program files on the installer location, but besides that ran smoothly.

Hey, is anyone else having seemingly random CTD issues w/ this mod? It's one hell of an awesome mod, so it's INCREDIBLY frustrating to have these. My computer easily meets the req's for this and for Kingdoms, and i haven't noticed anything consistent about these crashes except that they happen only in battles. City battles seem to work fine, and the crashes don't seem to be related to the amount of units on the field. I meticulously followed the installation instructions.

If anybody could help, that'd be awesome.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by 57udl3y View Post
    See this Post
    west to citadel would be even harder, cities are much easier to be grown. It takes forever to get a citadel.
    I do however think you need to upgrade both parts as I think it's not able to change the strat model of one settlement by expanding another

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sam182 View Post
    Hey, is anyone else having seemingly random CTD issues w/ this mod? It's one hell of an awesome mod, so it's INCREDIBLY frustrating to have these. My computer easily meets the req's for this and for Kingdoms, and i haven't noticed anything consistent about these crashes except that they happen only in battles. City battles seem to work fine, and the crashes don't seem to be related to the amount of units on the field. I meticulously followed the installation instructions.

If anybody could help, that'd be awesome.

Yeah I have the same Issue... Id have to say like 3/4 of the campaign battles crash for me... Amazing mod, really fun just wish I could play more battles

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeler View Post
    Awesome! This mod is extremely fun! I've just recently ran in to an Error that's bugging the hell out of me if anyone can help? I'm playing as Rhun and "The Dark Lord" called an Invasion to take the Dwarven Capitol of Erebor and I am currently laying siege... I end my turn and they choose to attack me head on, I enter the battle and about 3 minutes in I get the "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" every time. I have yet to have the same Error in any other battle. Any help would be appreciated. (And siming the battle would suck because I would get stomped due to Dwarves being bad ass...)
    The problem probably is dwarven axe throwers which causes crashes. This is listed at Bug thread and there is also solution

Quote Originally Posted by 57udl3y View Post
    See this Post
    He says it, and more to the point says that "he believes" that's how it's done, but does he know? The issue I have with that theory is that in the building browser for West Osgiliath a Citadel upgrade isn't even available. So in other words, unless there's some scripted event later in the game (which doesn't seem likely), West Osgiliath will remain as a fortress forever. This is precisely why I believe East Osgiliath is the key, as it absolutely does have an upgrade to Huge City available in the building browser.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    west to citadel would be even harder, cities are much easier to be grown. It takes forever to get a citadel.
    I do however think you need to upgrade both parts as I think it's not able to change the strat model of one settlement by expanding another
    Well we know that the battle map is shared, so one can't be upgraded while the other isn't. I suppose it would be possible to create an East Osgiliath strat model that covers or blends with the model of West Osgiliath, giving the impression that the entire "city" has been restored to glory. As I mentioned in a previous post, it does not appear that W.O. even can be upgrade to a citadel, as there is no option for this listed in the building browser.

Of course, this is ALL speculation until someone discovers the facts of the matter.

Jakeler's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the response Santeri! Gonna download the fix and see if it helps on my Rhun Campaign. I have made a Sauron campaign since then and I get the same CTD Error when I fight the Ents in battle (walking tree guys) anyone else experience this issue? Have had no issues fighting Man factions such as Dale and Rohan.