Page 27 of 117 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius Centaurus View Post
    I was able to download part 1 just fine, but I tried to download part 2 with Google Chrome as my browser, I get sent to a page saying this... "Duplicate headers received from server". I tried again this time using Internet explorer and it downloaded fine. So if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem with the download, try changing your browser.
    Yes, got part 2 using the torrent link.
    Miss me yet?

It has cometh!!! PLAY ALL THE THIRD AGE!!!!

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I realy needed to work this weekend!

Olifantenstaart's Avatar Civis

Icon2 Re: Third Age - Total War 3.0 Released

Didn't want to reply before a gave it a decent try, but now I can:
    biiig thanx, it's genuinely BRILLIANT.
    Speechless.

is there a designated place for posting bugs set up yet or is this the right forum?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

There is an entire bug and technical help forum and also a dedicated bug report thread.

Im thinking I'll have to put this mod away until I get a better laptop Amazing mod, but I want to play the campaigns, and on my current laptop it's so laggy it's unplayable

FINALLY!!!
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

YES! Just in time for Christmas break! oh its glorious! Can't wait to try it. Unfortunately that may have to wait until tomorrow... but either way many thanks to the team and Merry Christmas (or happy Holidays to any others) you have all earned it of course
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Is it possible to make some ebvents to the Dwarves te reforge the realm of khazad-dum. Like some specials buiilding and maybe and a second ersion of moria more luxious. (Units, bonus weal, title, whatever)

I have the same idea for Dale to reform the kingdom of Rhovanion wheen they annex the lands between mordor and Erebor.

I'm not speaking to form another emergent factions.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

LOL, the kingdom of Rhovanion was just a petty fake kingdom on the west side of Mirkwood. Why would they want to restore a petty fake kingdom? The Kindom of Khazad-Dum might be cool tho, now you made me want to make this while I have no time
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

You're making one for TLA and that's enough .

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Downloading now, I can't wait
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    LOL, the kingdom of Rhovanion was just a petty fake kingdom on the west side of Mirkwood. Why would they want to restore a petty fake kingdom? The Kindom of Khazad-Dum might be cool tho, now you made me want to make this while I have no time
    The Kingdom of Rhovanion isn't a fake. It was the better allied of the Gondor at he middle of the third age.

I think will be cool to fond a nachievement to each faction.

Why not fot Orc of Gundabad? If the wicht King have the one ring. I think it is poddible he flles in the north and reforge for his own his kingdom of angmar.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

For Gondooooooooooooooor! For Gondooooooooooooooor! Ahum...sorry about that. Couldn't help myself.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I had an amazing first battle in Osgiliath, I was playing my Gondor Campaign and was defending East Osgiliath against a horde of over 3000 orcs lead by a Nazgul and two orc generals.

My own force was fairly solid, almost a 1000 men led by Boromir and Faramir, with a General aswell. I had one unit of Ithilien rangers and one unit of Fountain Guard, and two units of Axemen of Lossorach and the rest were millita, 3 units of archers and 2 units of swordsmen.

My plan was to put a millita unit on the bridge and let all the archers deployed along the river shoot the orcs to death, behind the bridge was Faramir and the Fountain guards and some swordsmen in case the millita unit could not hold them on the bridge, then there was an assault group with the Cavalry General, two units of Axemen and Boromir that would run over another bridge and assault the orcs from behind while they were fighting on the bridge, hopefully creating a massive rout and a easy Victory.

It started out just as planned with orcs swarming unto the first bridge, The attack started and both Orc generals was in the front running through the arrow storm (I usually target the middle of a mob to get the best effect so the Uruks did not get the worst of it) and onto the bridge where they nearly annihilated the millita and ran into the wall of troops behind the bridge.

My assault group now came in from the side, but there were tons of archers in the way and none of them broke (Nazgul full command and dread) by the time they had cut their way onto the bridge things were starting to look bad, with orcs actually breaking through the fountain guards and engaging archers. But the cavalry finally got their charge in and they all broke, one of the Orc generals was still alive and running. Then

I realized the Nazgul was not there, so I checked the minimap and there was another army that had gone around the wall and was crossing into the city through another gate I swear that Is the single most Intelligent thing I have ever seen the AI do in this game, by splitting up his forces he took me completely by surprise. So I commanded everything to the town Centre to make a stand in the streets, but my forces were hunting down Orcs, so the archers ran ahead, and then the damn Nazgul charged.

Faramirs unit tried to get out of the way through another street but his unit was ran down, 8 people survived and Faramir was not among them. Thinking I could end this if I killed their general I threw everything I had at the Nazgul, and killed most of the Black Knights, Boromir, The Axemen and the fountain guards became surrounded by orc units and the damn Nazgul refused to go down.

Then I realized the Orcs had the town centre and time was running out. My Archers were fighting in the streets leading up to the town centre, but there were massive amounts of orcs between them and the centre. The cavalry general had lost everyone but the Geneal, and at time went down to .20 sec I realized I was going to loose to I sent him running through the entire orc horde alone he reached the Centre at .02 seconds, ending the countdown. That was awesome, he saved every single soldier in the city alone, damn hero.

Most of the fountain guards were dead by this point, Boromir still held on in their little circle in the middle of a army of orcs, and in the middle of them again the damn Nazgul still refused to die.

The archers near the town centre was about to brake, so in a desperate move I brought the last seven Fountain Guards away from the line, removed the spear wall and changed the lone Nazgul who was merely hacking away on some millita swordsmen.
    Then he died, not killed by fountain guards, killed by a lowly millitaman, and the orcs did what orcs do when devoid of leadership, they ran, and I had won.

Result:

Hard fought Victory, I had lost most of my army. Boromir had 7 men left, Faramir was dead, 3 fountain guards remains, no Rangers and the Hero General that saved everyone had no troops at all for most of the battle. I had 160 men left out of almost 1000, but 3000 orcs were dead, one orc general, a Nazgul and one orc had only 2 uruks left in its bodyguard.

Osgiliath is now virtually undefended, if we get another assault like that we might be pushed back to minas tirith before long..
    Last edited by Påsan; December 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Minardil's Avatar Libertus

@Pasan
    Truly, that was one of the most captivating battle reports I've ever read.
    And also I have learned that I should not be that perfectionistic, cause I often "rage-quit" when things getting too worse and try again.....
    My plan was to put a millita unit on the bridge and let all the archers deployed along the river shoot the orcs to death
    Anyways, youve written about a bridge.....did you mean the great bridge which is next to the great Dome of Stars?
    I was wondering, because In every condition (attack,defense of different sides) the great bridge was impassable for both me and the enemy forces. Only in custom Battles everything goes well.
    Maybe I should reinstall the game?

could you make a megavideo upload available, since everything with games in it is blocked by my proxy

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Minardil View Post
    @Pasan
    I was wondering, because In every condition (attack,defense of different sides) the great bridge was impassable for both me and the enemy forces. Only in custom Battles everything goes well.
    Maybe I should reinstall the game?
    Don't worry, this is a weird bug everyone has. The great bridge doesnt'seem to work in camapign games (so yep, in custom battles it works )
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tuvok View Post
    could you make a megavideo upload available, since everything with games in it is blocked by my proxy
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=500676

Here you have some other possible sources.