Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 126287102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2330

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Laffet View Post
    Hello,

I just downloaded and installed Third Age total war. I installed as the instructions showed there is no problem until i decided to do a custom battle. As soon as i click start it crashes. Any advices ?
    Do all battles crash: normal custom battle, campaign battle? What OS do you have: Windows ? Is your M2TW a Steam or non Steam version?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I only tried custom battle and quick battle yet. I have windows 10 and my game is non steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Dunno what the heck ModDB is up to really

Here're alternative uploads:

TATW 3.0 Part 1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/42...0_Part1of2.exe
    TATW 3.0 Part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/1y...0_Part2of2.exe
    and
    TATW Patch 3.2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/ro..._3.2_Patch.exe
    I must thank you: thèses links have worked perfecttly for me. I now was able to give a first try to this mod ^^

Note: Steam version, I just install first the parts 1&2& 3.2 patch in the steamlibrary M2TW folder, next go to the steam app, M2TW, rigth-click, properties, launching Advanced properties, copy-past these: "@mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfg" (without quotes) in the command line. And it work fine. (I change the command line depending of the mod I want to play)

Quote Originally Posted by Laffet View Post
    I only tried custom battle and quick battle yet. I have windows 10 and my game is non steam version.
    Turn off/disable daylight saving setting on your PC (google for: How to turn off/Disable daylight saving on Windows 10), and, set kingdoms.exe to run in Windows 7 Compatibility mod. If that doesn`t fix your issue, then you have a problem with VirtualStore, and then you need to reinstall TATW. Use these steps: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14829841

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get custom music working in TATW? I've followed these two guides (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Music-To-M2TW and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Your-Own-Music) but it doesn't work. If I delete my events/music.dat and events/music.idx the game doesn't update them when I run it and I still have the original music. I'm dying to remove some of the music tracks; I can't stand some of them... specifically the ones that are in Tales of the Maj'eyal. Does anyone know how to do it?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello.
    Yes, which means how the tutorials tell you to. If it do not work, repeat it again more thoroughly, because that is how you do it.
    If the game repack songs you tried to take out, then you have not removed them from descr_sounds_music.txt, or at least your edits have not been saved.
    This may if so be because the file has the setting "Read Only", so check that.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hello.
    If the game repack songs you tried to take out, then you have not removed them from descr_sounds_music.txt, or at least your edits have not been saved.
    This may if so be because the file has the setting "Read Only", so check that.
    That's what my problem is though, the game doesn't repack my songs. Here is what my sounds folder looks like: http://imgur.com/LWYB0Oc I've started the game multiple times and my music and events dat/idx files are not regenerated. Here's my descr_sounds_music.txt: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/eb2a683506398e19efd1

Text-file look properly edited, making it really odd, because the game should not be able to recreate the .dat and .idx as in TATW any longer...
    Do you have a Windows with Virtual Store perhaps? See first spoiler box, Step 3: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

No I don't have a medieval 2 folder in my virtual store
    the game should not be able to recreate the .dat and .idx as in TATW any longer...
    What do you mean by this?

The engine use descr_sounds_music [DSM] to create the new Music.dat and Music.idx
    If you changed DSM and deleted the .idx and .dat the new music-files created shall read descr_sounds_music with your edits and recreate the music-files with those edits (songs removed and songs added.
    That you edited DSM and the game still recreate the original TATW Music.dat and Music.idx makes no sense, because it can not use the original DSM any longer because you edited it.

Or do you mean that the songs you deletd are removed but your new songs do not play? That would be another question.
    If so, are you sure that the songs you added to the music-folder really are in .mp3-format, and no other format?
    None of the original songs have a name containing any - (by which I mean the dash-symbol) but never heard about that being an issue (never been into music modding, only SFX and voices, but still). May be worth having in mind, still.

I'm not sure if we are understanding each other correctly-- Here's what I mean: I have edited descr_sounds_music and deleted the .dat and .idx files, but when I start the game it never regenerates those files. My sounds folder has no music.dat or music.idx and no events.dat or events.idx. From my understanding I'm supposed to delete those so that the game will recreate them with the new music mp3 files. My game never recreates those files for some reason though and I think that is the problem. I'm sure that my music files are in the mp3 format. So to be clear I posted this picture http://imgur.com/LWYB0Oc to show you that my folder has no music or events files because the game refuses to recreate the new files with my edits.

That you edited DSM and the game still recreate the original TATW Music.dat and Music.idx makes no sense, because it can not use the original DSM any longer because you edited it.
    Just to clarify, the game is not recreating original Music.dat and Music.idx. It's not creating them at all, my folder is empty and doesn't have these files, so I'm not sure what the game is even using for sound files since they are not there.

Mhm, then I'm with you. Well that's quite a different thing. When you wrote this in your first post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattarndt14
    the game doesn't update them when I run it and I still have the original music.
    it seemed you meant that the game recreate the files and/but play the original music. The image was not alarming, as I assumed it displayed WIP and the point was to show you deletd the .dat and .idx as well as extracted the music-folder hehe

Are the .mp3 files (both the original ones and your new ones) in the music-folder right now?
    Can you check if the log tells anything? (you find it in .../Medieval II Total War/logs )

The mp3 files are all in the music folder, as for the log... here it is: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/09...ebc4d14dae4601

Tricky one... checking around different threads currently to try to find any input.

In the meantime, can you test these two things:

1) Check if you have Admin-rights (in the security settings) to the Medieval 2-folder with subfolders. If not, make it so. If not quite sure what I mean, see the first spoilerbox, Step 1: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)
    Run the game again and see if it works. Even if not, keep the admin rights, since it's handy.

2) Go back to .../Medieval II Total War/data and rename the sounds-folder there (not in the Third_Age_3-folder!) into something else, like sounds1 or alike.
    Run the game again and see if it works. If not, restore the name to sounds
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 29, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

ok, I checked the security settings, and I did not have full control checked. I fixed that, but it made no difference for me. I also tried renaming the sounds folder in medieval/data but that did not work either.

It's interesting though because no changes I make in my preferences.cfg actually change the game either. For example a few days ago I was trying to get the game to play in windowed and for whatever reason the game refused to switch to windowed when I added the windowed = 1 line to the configuration file and I am aware that you have to change it to read-only and what not. By the way, thank you so much for spending so much time trying to help me figure this out, I really appreciate it!

I'm going to list the steps I've taken so far too just in case I'm overlooking something simple that I missed. These are in no particular order:

- I downloaded the descr sound files that CA released and extracted them to medieval2/data and mods/tatw/data and for tatw I did not let them overwrite the originals.

- I downloaded Vercingetorix's idx extractor and put it in my sounds folder and ran extract_sounds.bat. This gave me a music and SFX folder with the extracted sounds

- I added my .mp3 files to the music folder

- I edited my descr_sounds_music.txt to include my .mp3 files

- I deleted Music.dat, Music.idx, Events.dat, and Events.idx

I think that was everything

Can't really come up with a reason or solution; usually the problems are missing textfiles (but you have those in TATW), UAC (but you checked the Virtual Store) or no Amdinistrative Rights (which you granted now).
    Suggest you turn to the sound workshop and start a thread there asking, though afraid it's not frequently visited: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...nd-Other-Media

This may of interest as well: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post10494222

Best of luck

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Any link to an alternative site ? It's downloading in KB's from ModDB.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Any link to an alternative site ? It's downloading in KB's from ModDB.
    You can test http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14909796