Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

ismelly's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

So Im still having the dwarven axe throwers crash running TATW 3.2.
    I have the game on steam if that makes a difference? Any help would be appreciated.

Try one of these two solutions( last two posts in that thread): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...throwing-crash
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

hola saludos.bueno quisiera plantear un problema con los enlaces que no se quieren mostrar

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by pakistan View Post
    hola saludos.bueno quisiera plantear un problema con los enlaces que no se quieren mostrar
    only english is allowed as language upon the site
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by pakistan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    only english is allowed as language upon the site
    greetings atthias
    Welcome to TWC, pakistan!
    As atthias say. Sólo Inglés permitió, excepto de en lenguaje-mods.

What links? To TATW, or the Spanish translation?
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 19, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I followed your instructions for installing on steam but it doesn't work. It loads for a second and then nothing happens. I have windows 10 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I followed your instructions for installing on steam but it doesn't work. It loads for a second and then nothing happens. I have windows 10 by the way.
    Is your Steam M2TW up to date with that latest update, which came out few weeks ago? If yes, then, install TATW 3.0 both parts + TATW 3.2 Patch ( destination folder for all exe Installers is your steam/.../ Medieval II Total War ) and then, after installing all TATW files, rename one of your Kingdoms campaigns ( Americas to original_Americas) and, rename Third_Age_3 folder as Americas. Go to your Steam and start Americas, in this case, TATW 3.2.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Dosnt work, worked for the first few days... But now i cant start the game... I click on the third age symbol on desktop then it just stay there and nothing happens.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

This works with windows 10?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Domna View Post
    This works with windows 10?
    if you have the kingdoms expansion then yes
    greetings atthias

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmanis View Post
    Dosnt work, worked for the first few days... But now i cant start the game... I click on the third age symbol on desktop then it just stay there and nothing happens.
    Do you have Steam M2TW perhaps? Updated with the latest patch?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Do you have Steam M2TW perhaps? Updated with the latest patch?
    Yes i have Medieval M2TW on Steam and option selected that it will always update as fast as the update/patch is out.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Have you followed the Steam installation instructions or the non-Steam ones?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Have you followed the Steam installation instructions or the non-Steam ones?
    Yes i downloaded the files to medieval 2 folder, then i renamed 1 Medieval2 to kingdoms.exe. Thats all, it worked before but not now.

Citizen

Yes i downloaded the files to medieval 2 folder, then i renamed 1 Medieval2 to kingdoms.exe. Thats all, it worked before but not now.
    you must use the old method of renaming one of your kingdoms campaings the lastest update has caused this

how to do this
    Go to the mods folder which is in the Medieval II Total War folder. Install/place the mod you want to play in this folder. You'll see four other mods called "americas", "british_isles", "crusades" and "teutonic". These are the four Kingdoms campaigns with the expansion.

Now, rename ONE of these mods to something else (I suggest putting a 1 at the end or something like "REALteutonic" to remind you what is in that file). After you have done this, rename the folder of the mod you want to play to the same as the one you just changed.
    So if you changed the name of "teutonic", rename the folder holding your mod to "teutonic".

Now, go to your games library and hit play. Select the Tuetonic Campaign (or whichever campaign you renamed). It should now load your mod! However, if you want to play the campaign you renamed, you will have to revert the changed file's name to its original and your mod file to something else.
    greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; October 28, 2015 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    you must use the old method of renaming one of your kingdoms campaings the lastest update has caused this

how to do this
    Go to the mods folder which is in the Medieval II Total War folder. Install/place the mod you want to play in this folder. You'll see four other mods called "americas", "british_isles", "crusades" and "teutonic". These are the four Kingdoms campaigns with the expansion.

Now, rename ONE of these mods to something else (I suggest putting a 1 at the end or something like "REALteutonic" to remind you what is in that file). After you have done this, rename the folder of the mod you want to play to the same as the one you just changed.
    So if you changed the name of "teutonic", rename the folder holding your mod to "teutonic".

Now, go to your games library and hit play. Select the Tuetonic Campaign (or whichever campaign you renamed). It should now load your mod! However, if you want to play the campaign you renamed, you will have to revert the changed file's name to its original and your mod file to something else.
    greetings atthias
    Thank you so much! Now its working.

Hi guys

I'm having problems with third age and its submods, i have tried in the past to install TATW and its mods on steam which failed and wouldn't work properly. I then bought a CD version or medieval 2 gold edition in the hopes that the mods would work. However after install Third Age on it own, the mod isself won't even start. I click the shortcut, it starts to load up and then crashes straight to desktop. I then tried install MOS which worked and loaded the game but then it won't allow me to start a campaign.

Can someone please help me as i'm getting really fed up with trying to get this mod to work

Thanks

I am using window 10 and like i said i have

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I've had very few problems with this mod in the past. I've got DAC and MOS at the moment, and I'm trying to test out another mod. I realized, however, that on redownloading this mod, battles no longer work! Automated ones on the campaign map do, yet any attempt to play them on the battle map produces an instant CTD. The camera seems to pan across the battlefield in the pre-battle scroll for a couple seconds, but the terrain is all funky and black-looking right before the game crashes. I followed the download instructions very carefully (unhid hidden folders, no virtual store, have long ago taken complete ownership of my SEGA folder placed directly on my C drive, opened each and every download part as an administrator, etc.) So it can't be a problem with that, can it? Do I need to run some sort of cleaner bat? I don't see any being available. Here's the log, if anyone can help:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

20:44:06.242 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:44:06.242 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:44:06.242 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:44:10.690 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:44:10.690 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:44:10.691 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:44:10.691 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:45:00.565 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    20:46:14.134 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: I fixed it! My suspicions proved correct. I copied the "cleaner" bat program from my MOS mod folder and pasted it into my new clean Third_Age_3 folder. I ran the bat file and let it delete and rebuild certain files. Voila! Sieges and field battles on the battle map now work! You guys should still look into this problem, though. I doubt that I'm the only one having an issue here.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

We are not pleased. Part 2 of 2 is corrupted with virus. Can someone UL a clean version somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    We are not pleased. Part 2 of 2 is corrupted with virus. Can someone UL a clean version somewhere?
    You always have torrents: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12978856