Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75782979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2330

Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

By the way, it seems like the Steam version is still receiving updates like this one:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...tch-05-09-2014
    Quote: "Wrong sized siege equipment will no longer be deployed in siege battles."

Now Steam also has a bad reputation for making it hard to impossible to sell game activated through it and not giving you an option to return to an old version of a game if an update breaks things for you. You can however pause updates until you are done with a playthrough if you are worried about an update invalidating your savegames. I'm pretty sure Creative Assembly are aware of the savegame issue, but don't say you haven't been warned.

Now if you want to switch to Steam, go to your library and click on the "+ add game..." button. There you will be asked to enter your CD key and the game will be available afterwards for download in the library. The same can be done for the Kingdoms expansion which is now called a DLC (down-loadable content). Since Steam uses predefined installation directories you can uninstall your retail version of Medieval II + Kingdoms before or after installing the Steam version. Since savegames are local to the installation directory (unlike other games that may use a per-user directory), the Steam version wont pick them up unless you copy them over. And whether the Steam version is savegame compatible at all, I don't know.
    But hey, at least Medieval II has a kind of long term multiplayer support now that it is on Steam!

Arafis's Avatar Foederatus

Ohh , thank you! I just bought the game on steam ... Can you install more than one mod smoothly ?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Of course!

Just download mods, follow install instructions, and then when you want to play them go to Steam/SteamApps/common/Medieval 2 Total War/mods/[MOD NAME] and double click on the mod's .bat file to run it.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

First thanks for the agility to respond Mleise and Shankbot

One last question! If I install a submod, I can play the submod and the "normal" quietly?

First thanks for the agility to respond Mleise and Shankbot One last question! If I install a submod, I can play the submod and "normal" silent?

Sorry, i forgot translate

Citizen

Blog Entries

It did translate don't worry.

And you can play as many mod-foldered (ones that have their own folder your /Medieval 2 Total War/mods folder) mods alongside each other as you want - if you are talking about sub-mods for those mods, then for TATW I suggest reading through this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?528275

TL;DR: Once you've installed TATW make a copy of the folder and install the sub-mod into that folder, that way you can play both Vanilla TATW and a sub-modded version alongside each other (have to do a bit of .bat and .cfg editing but that is all explained in the linked guide ).

Man, i need say: THIS MOD IS AMAZING!!!! I am a brazilian guy and great fan of Martin, Tolkien, Cornwell, etc... This mod is soo cool!!!! TY TY TY

Is there a version of the installer that actually works without taking 20+ minutes to start up

Citizen

Blog Entries

No? Okay.

Have you tried right clicking the installer and running as an administrator?

Yes, it still takes a very, very long time to bring up the window. Once it starts installing it goes fine, but it's very irritating.

I get this error from the installer: " "too many other files are currently in use by 16-bit programs. Exit one or more 16-bit programs, or increase the value of the files in your config.sys file. "

Citizen

Blog Entries

So you need to close some stuff I would imagine (I really don't know enough to give good answers ) Umm... go into the Task Manager Ctrl+Alt+Del and end some processes, including some background ones - although be careful because closing some of them down can cause your computer to go . I have never heard of anyone getting that warning before though.

EDIT: This or this might be of help?
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; January 19, 2015 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nein
    Yes, as I have done in the past... but still those exe file chunks have always caused issues.
    Maybe because you keep using IE.

Quote Originally Posted by nein
    Irregardless
    Say what?

Hi! Im trying to play this mod online, but when i create the room, it crash, any idea?

Thanks!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by fernum View Post
    Hi! Im trying to play this mod online, but when i create the room, it crash, any idea?

Thanks!
    Welcome to TWC, fernum

Suggest you turn to the multiplayer section and ask for input: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...l-War-Hotseats

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

hi, I downloaded both parts, but my computer won't recognize the type of file and keeps asking me with what program I want to open it... Any ideas ?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It should be installers ready to use
    Did you use Internet Explorer downloading? Have a vague memory that issue can occur if so

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    It should be installers ready to use
    Did you use Internet Explorer downloading? Have a vague memory that issue can occur if so
    I have Internet explorer as my browser ? could that be the problem ? If so, with what other browser should I download it ?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leboboti0606 View Post
    I have Internet explorer as my browser ? could that be the problem ? If so, with what other browser should I download it ?
    Try Google Chrome, has never failed for me.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.