Thread: Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    this file contains invalid error 11FD third age cannot completely install
    Sounds like a corrupted download, suggest you download it again.
    Avoid using the computer during download, and for some it helped to turn off any anti-virus program during the download.

If it's a submod your attempting to install I suggest you ask in that's submods thread if the issue persist.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Is there any other mirror? Moddb is slow as hell.
    Ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Ahem*
    Torrents? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12978856
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Had to reformat my computer recently and can't believe the amount of hassle the TA installer files cause... not only do I have to get them from that mod db ad infested but the files themselves play hell with my computer. I have to rename them to exe files to makes them run due to security issue bs, and when I do the computer acts like I have lobotomized it... crippled and thoroughly ed up basically. Oh and then I get the 'cannot find kingdoms exe' afterwards which is nice. I highly recommend the team make an installer similar to the EB2 one. It eliminates all of that frustrating , these old fashioned exe files from file uploaders really need to go they cause nothing but hassle.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Neat language. Are bit upset, are we?
    Dude, whatever happend in your case, that's on your end, not TATW's, or there would been 1 million complaints here. That's not the case.

The TATW installers come perfectly fine and are smooth to install for the rest of us.

There's no active team any longer, so what you got is what you get.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 02, 2015 at 07:09 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    Had to reformat my computer recently and can't believe the amount of hassle the TA installer files cause... not only do I have to get them from that mod db ad infested but the files themselves play hell with my computer. I have to rename them to exe files to makes them run due to security issue bs, and when I do the computer acts like I have lobotomized it... crippled and thoroughly ed up basically. Oh and then I get the 'cannot find kingdoms exe' afterwards which is nice. I highly recommend the team make an installer similar to the EB2 one. It eliminates all of that frustrating , these old fashioned exe files from file uploaders really need to go they cause nothing but hassle.
    Did you download the files by using Internet Explorer perhaps?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hi. I am having some issues with TATW 3.2. Im running on windows 7 x64, and a steam version of the game. After starting the mod the loading screen shows up for a few seconds, and then it exit to the desktop. I hope u guys can help me out, cos i want to play this mod so much.

Yes ngugi I am upset, if the EB team can knock up a proper installer why can't the TA team? It bypasses all of the horrible issues those exe file chunks have

>The TATW installers come perfectly fine and are smooth to install for the rest of us.

I have installed my fair share of games and mods... when I have problems so do many others

>There's no active team any longer, so what you got is what you get.

well that's just great

>Did you download the files by using Internet Explorer perhaps?

Yes, as I have done in the past... but still those exe file chunks have always caused issues. I forgot about them since I have not reformated in a long time. Irregardless an installer like the EB2 one erases all of these problems so it is a moot point. Why create the risk of dealing with unnecessary hassle when you can churn out an installer similar to the eb2 one? If they can do it the biggest M2 mod on here can do it also, or at least ask them to make one? It has put me off re-installing the mod as I don't want my computer to have another seizure... or to receive irritating garbage about 'not locating the kingdoms exe'

seriously fix this

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Well seeing as the TATW team isn't active anymore and the current installers tend to work well for most people I find it difficult to believe anything will be done.

BTW Explorer tends to screw the installers up I believe, try using Chrome or Firefox.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    Yes ngugi I am upset, if the EB team can knock up a proper installer why can't the TA team? It bypasses all of the horrible issues those exe file chunks have

>The TATW installers come perfectly fine and are smooth to install for the rest of us.

I have installed my fair share of games and mods... when I have problems so do many others

>There's no active team any longer, so what you got is what you get.

well that's just great

>Did you download the files by using Internet Explorer perhaps?

Yes, as I have done in the past... but still those exe file chunks have always caused issues. I forgot about them since I have not reformated in a long time. Irregardless an installer like the EB2 one erases all of these problems so it is a moot point. Why create the risk of dealing with unnecessary hassle when you can churn out an installer similar to the eb2 one? If they can do it the biggest M2 mod on here can do it also, or at least ask them to make one? It has put me off re-installing the mod as I don't want my computer to have another seizure... or to receive irritating garbage about 'not locating the kingdoms exe'

seriously fix this
    Internet Explorer has issues with downloads.. Use this "Let me fix it myself" method : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2688326/en-us#appliesto

Also, for the can't find kingdoms.exe error message, is your M2TW a Steam or non steam version? For Steam version M2TW got screwed up with the latest update, check this thread and the section with Steam Instructions for TATW. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

For non steam version, run TATW as an Administrator, or, if you tried that and it still gives you the error message, then from the same link above follow steps explained for Windows 7 and 8 Users: edit Security for your main M2TW folder, unhide hidden folders, check VirtualStore for Sega or Medieval II TW folder, and delete it if you find it there.

If it still doesn't work, install M2TW anywhere else on your PC, just not in Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder.

Good luck!

Is there a torrent of the installed 3.2 version?
    Last edited by nein; January 03, 2015 at 07:27 PM.

Played this mod before had no issue and loved it, now i need help. I have been able to download the third age, but i am struggling to install it with the mos sub mod. my google chrome does not download as it believes the file will be harmful, any help?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TribuneSPQR View Post
    Played this mod before had no issue and loved it, now i need help. I have been able to download the third age, but i am struggling to install it with the mos sub mod. my google chrome does not download as it believes the file will be harmful, any help?
    Use a different browser?
    Chrome indeed does not give you the option to resume the download of possibly harmful files, but in for example Internet Explorer, you do have that option.
    For future questions about MOS, go the the MOS thread itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Use a different browser?
    Chrome indeed does not give you the option to resume the download of possibly harmful files, but in for example Internet Explorer, you do have that option.
    For future questions about MOS, go the the MOS thread itself.
    Thanks for the reply, and yeah i will make sure in future i will use that forum for any related issues, thanks

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Just reinstalled this, forgot how good it was.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Just reinstalled this, forgot how good it was.
    ahhh sometimes they come back

if I might tell mine, try some submods also, some are simply great!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Citizen

Blog Entries

I will be doing don't you worry.

Arafis's Avatar Foederatus

I would like to know which version of Kingdomons have to leave my medieval to run the mod! For years I try to play it and never got ... Sorry for the dumb question and the English horrible

Citizen

Blog Entries

The latest version, which I believe is patched to 1.5 (?) if you have the disc version of the game, however if you have the Steam version that should be fully updated already.

It is really straight forward. You need to install the base game, then at least one campaign from Kingdoms and patch it to the last patch v1.05 or the previous v1.04.