Thread: Is there any submod for inbreeding? :D

Default Is there any submod for inbreeding? :D

As the topic says , i wanna be able to marry brothers and sisters, etc, any mod out there that does this? I am aware some inbreeding is allowed in mtw2

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there any submod for inbreeding? :D

...you're an odd one, aren't you?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Hah! Imagine the traits...

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    ...you're an odd one, aren't you?
    Well if you know your history you know inbreeding and royal houses pretty much are synonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Chindasuinth View Post
    Hah! Imagine the traits...
    Well if you just do the cousin inbreeding built into mtw2 it always end up with everyone being fugly and unable to bear children ^_^ BUT THE BLOODLINE IS ZE PUREST! ;o

Blog Entries

I'm well aware of the impact of inbreeding on history, in particular to the royal/imperial houses of kingdoms or empires.

But to have it in a game...is that really necessary? Lol

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

It was there in Medieval 1. Heh

It's a hardcoded thing, I think.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

I'm well aware of the impact of inbreeding on history, in particular to the royal/imperial houses of kingdoms or empires.

But to have it in a game...is that really necessary? Lol
    To be historically accurate yes, its also a great RPG function in my opinion, its very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    It was there in Medieval 1. Heh

It's a hardcoded thing, I think.
    Yes it was! And wonderful wasnt it?

And yes im sure it is as with the throne-following, but im sure you can bypass it as is done with the privy seal thingy! This forum has so much talent so im sure its possible/probably already even done some time
    Last edited by SwedishBear; December 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but there would need to be appropriate traits inherited with every inbred generation...Lol

Yeah, but there would need to be appropriate traits inherited with every inbred generation...Lol
    Well a combination of the pairs traits and a third one for genetic deficiency or more depending on how many lines been inbred, just inbreeding once should not necessarily give bad traits by genetic degradation

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

I think the degree to which European noble houses interbred is somewhat exaggerated. And I mean literally, degree, as I cannot think of a single incidence of brother-sister intermarriage in any Christian oriented nobility....which is not to say it didn't occur and there are probably recorded instances of it, I just cannot think of any from my readings. However, there was a fir bit of consanguineous marriages among the various lineages, but rarely between anything closer than 2nd or 3rd cousins, and mainly to keep land holdings and titles linked/profitable.
    In the modern era, the interconnectedness and resultant genetic defects of some houses definitely arose from a limited family tree, but, again, not from incestual marriages. The Church did take a stance on such weddings, but the only one that comes to mind is when Heraclius married his niece (ugh), in the 610-620s...and two of their children were cripples/deformed.

OK, sorry for being pedantic, but on a gameplay basis, I can see the desire to keep family lineages and royal dynasties intact, but its just not a possibilty AFAIK.

TQ

Quote Originally Posted by TaronQuinn View Post
    I think the degree to which European noble houses interbred is somewhat exaggerated. And I mean literally, degree, as I cannot think of a single incidence of brother-sister intermarriage in any Christian oriented nobility....which is not to say it didn't occur and there are probably recorded instances of it, I just cannot think of any from my readings. However, there was a fir bit of consanguineous marriages among the various lineages, but rarely between anything closer than 2nd or 3rd cousins, and mainly to keep land holdings and titles linked/profitable.
    In the modern era, the interconnectedness and resultant genetic defects of some houses definitely arose from a limited family tree, but, again, not from incestual marriages. The Church did take a stance on such weddings, but the only one that comes to mind is when Heraclius married his niece (ugh), in the 610-620s...and two of their children were cripples/deformed.

OK, sorry for being pedantic, but on a gameplay basis, I can see the desire to keep family lineages and royal dynasties intact, but its just not a possibilty AFAIK.

TQ
    The royal and noble families of Europe have close blood ties which have been strengthened by royal intermarriage. Examples abound in every royal family; in particular, the ruling dynasties of Spain and Portugal were very inbred. Several Habsburgs, Bourbons, and Wittelsbachs married aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews. Even in the British royal family, which is very moderate in comparison, there has scarcely been a monarch in 300 years who has not married a (near or distant) relative. Indeed, Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh are second cousins once removed, both being descended from King Christian IX of Denmark. They are also third cousins as great-great-grandchildren of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom. European monarchies did avoid brother-sister marriages, though Jean V of Armagnac was an exception.

Other examples of royal family intermarriage include:
    Some Egyptian Pharaohs and Peruvian Sapa Incas married their sisters; in both cases we find a special combination between endogamy and polygamy. Normally the son of the old ruler and the ruler's oldest (half-)sister became the new ruler.
    Cleopatra and Ptolemy XIII, married and named co-rulers of ancient Egypt following their father's death, were brother and sister. Not only this, but all members of the Ptolemaic dynasty from Ptolemy II on engaged in inbreeding among brothers and sisters, so as to keep the Ptolemaic blood "pure."
    The House of Habsburg inmarried very often. Famous in this case is the Habsburger (Unter)Lippe (Habsburg jaw/Habsburg lip), typical for many Habsburg relatives over a period of six centuries.
    Mary, Queen of Scots and Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley were half first cousins, and third cousins once removed.
    King Louis XIV of France and Infanta Maria Theresa of Spain were double first cousins.
    King William III and Queen Mary II of England were first cousins.
    Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha were first cousins.

TQ said what?

Well it is a game, but you are right that it wasnt very common with bro-sis rel, but it DID happen, and cousin-marriages was standard to keep land and title within ZE bloodline

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

hm hm..TQ said that instances of brother-sister marriages in the Medieval period, under Christian dynasties, did not occur, and your citing of the Egytian pharaohs does not refute me, nor the Peruvians Sapas...neither were European, Medieval, or Christian. And I readily admitted that marriages between cousins occurred quite often, although I do stand corrected as to the frequency of first cousins marrying one another. And given the duration of royal and noble power politics throughout the medieval period, I imagine the majority of counts, barons, grafs, earls, dukes, princes, jarls, etc. ended up marrying someone other than a blood relative.

In a way, the mechanic is already represented in game by the ability to marry a foreign princess, have a child born, allow the child to mature, then marry them off to the same royal family. EX: You, as England, marry your Faction Heir to a French princess. The happy couple have a little girl, who grows up and comes of age. You then send the princess off to marry the new French Faction Heir, who just happens to be the original French princesses' nephew via her brother the former Faction Heir/now French King. Voila, first cousins. You could probably get even closer than that, if you time it right, marrying the English-French princess to her own uncle if he happened to be a younger son of the French monarch, became a Faction Heir after various other princes die early, and the princess comes of age just in time....

ugh, family trees are confusing haha

TQ