Thread: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi Folks,

This is just a message to say that ForteS has resigned from his post as the leader of this mod, and I have replaced him. I think we all owe him a pretty large thank you for what he has done so far (not merely for XIX, he has done plenty of other things as well).

What does this mean for the mod? Well, I'm currently going though the team list and checking who on it is still active, and I will probably kick off the inactive ones if they do not provide a reason for their absence. After I know what we've got, and what everyone in the team can do, I'll sort out things to be getting on with.

There is no point trying to release everything at once, after all that would take years, but to start off with we will try to get the AI/balancing/skeleton stuff dealt with, so that, whilst we might not have many models yet, we will have a startpos, some aesthetics, a launcher, and units stats and weapons suited for the period.

I cannot possibly put any kind of time frame on this, but things are starting to roll

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Oh bad news for ForteS however I think this will be a new start for XIX mod. You can as I told you in my PM count on my help concerning some basic french units.like essential ones, I mean Line Infantry, light infantry, guards, heavy cavalry, and hussars. For now this is the best I can do for XIX.

As I told you too in my PM it would be good to add the same roadmap as IS III. Two factions per two factions. Why not, French and British (or French and Germany/ Prussia)? As you are the leader now, it will be the choice is yours mate.

By the way, you made me thinking in sending a PM to ForteS.

Good luck for the next stuff.

Yeah, a few factions at a time, which in what order I don't know exactly. I'm hoping to start with 3 (France, Germany and GB) to start with, fingers crossed. We also have a couple of units for other factions avialable at the moment, which can go in.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Well I think a start could indeed be made if you were to have some of these basic french units from Flikitos, some of those British units from Kungfuserge, (maybe also some american units) and if you'd retexture some of those pickelhaube units for Prussia/Germany.

That is if the other modders allow you to use their models

We've got permission for Kungfuserge's units if I remember correctly, and we certainly do for danova's pickelhauber infantry and a couple of ACW units (union infantry and cannon model). There is no reason not to put them in. We just need to get Kungfuserge's to work, and we will have made a very good start.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Also Okmin has pretty much been imprisoned by occupied with curial stuff
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman