Thread: Running Hundred Years War Through Steam..

Default Running Hundred Years War Through Steam..

I saw someone else ask this but got no reply. I tried using the mod folder but it did not work. Like you said it must be in the main game folder. And that is where the problem is with Steam. We users have a launcher (if you buy the gold) and must launch Medieval 2 from there. The problem using your provided shortcut or "Bat" file is that it whats to launch the game directly and cannot due to Steams launcher menu for the gold edition. If you come by any suggestions let me know.. thanks.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Running Hundred Years War Through Steam..

This is a known issue, but a minor one. One of the last ones to bother with.
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Mr.Fable's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Running Hundred Years War Through Steam..

Now I haven't tried this mod but I have been able to get other mods to work with Steam and this method seems to work consistently.

First open Steam and go to your game library. Right click on Medieval 2: Total War and click "Properties". Click on launch options. Paste in there whatever you find in your mods "bat" file. For instance, @for_king_or_country.cfg

Next time you launch the game from Steam it will run whatever mod you have it set to launch. If you want to play vanilla, remove whatever launch options you put there.