Thread: capacity of the ships

Default capacity of the ships

Hi. Is it possible to limit the capacity of the ships? because it's not realistic when you can transport a full stack army using only one ship.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: capacity of the ships

We've changed the ship unit to represent a fleet to address this. So a ship unit costs and takes time the time it takes to build a fleet and not a single ship. This makes much more sense too, since not every single warship should be represented on the map- it's very disproportionate

Chevalr1c's Avatar Laetus
    Tilburg; Province of North Brabant, the Netherlands

Nice solution Hross. However I just imagine (in vanilla/other mods/Empire) that the warships of a fleet represent both themselves and the imaginary transport ships they "guard".

A sprinkling of imagination is usually the best solution to these things.
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato_Sandwich View Post
    A sprinkling of imagination is usually the best solution to these things.
    I've always held that the smallest attention (or lack thereof) to the art-direction makes a huge difference to immersion, and it has to follow logically (And that's where imagination kicks in, if a game is a poor copy of real life how do you convince the player that what is happening is logical?), when you make videogames you're asking people to believe in falsness so it had better be a bloody good falsness! So many games out there get it wrong =/ .

The fleet solution (mentioned way back in the Grand Preview) seems inspired and logical to me, i can't imagine that two single ships going at it will be big news in my Empire, but two royally commissioned fleets will be a big blow to the loser
    Last edited by Mighty_Matt; December 13, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian