Thread: eliminating protectorates

Default eliminating protectorates

I've always hated the way protectorates are represented in TW games and it seems especially silly that in Empire protectorates exist in the form of tributary states and colonies which were controlled by the policy of their parent country.

There are mods that fix this for the European powers, Britain, Spain, France. But for the life of me I can't find one for the Ottoman Empire. I want to give them direct control over the Barbary States and the Crimean Khanate. So I tried editing the startplot, substituting the Ottoman ID number into each province and setting the removed factions as emergent. A horribly painstaking process, and I was rewarded with a crash to desktop.

In principle this should be easy. in fact I would be more than happy with a mod that simply substituted whatever the script was that gave Britain the 13 colonies on turn two in place of having them on turn one. Any existing mod that does this would work as well, though I am using the Rights of man mod and not vanilla... which I don't think is the problem.

If as I suspect, (because I've looked) no such mod exists then I would like assistance in making one.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Port's Avatar Civis

Default Re: eliminating protectorates

Yes it can be done. After a mission

Quote Originally Posted by Port View Post
    Yes it can be done. After a mission
    A mission? What mission? The only states in game that have missions to merge protectorates that I am aware of are the UK, France, and Spain. Not the Ottoman empire.

Did you not read the op?

Port's Avatar Civis

Yes, of course, only those fractions, but I make the mission! Send me the file scripting of data \ campaigns \ main yours, I'll show you.

if you mean the startpos.esf and scrupting.lua then I'll try to do that. Not entirely sure how though. What I'd like ideally is to have the Ottoman empire start out with those factions and have them go emergent with rebellions. Possibly only when in the possession of someone else.

Port's Avatar Civis

That download, play a few turns of the Turks. Without missions, not the file I threw down, I need the original scrupting.lua. test

The Crimea joins, the Barbary states don't, and a random garrison is generated in the Crimea, a few units of line infantry and Cossack cavalry.

Port's Avatar Civis

must edit the line just crimea