Thread: Help! Game freezed at 258BC!

Default Help! Game freezed at 258BC!

i played as Julii, in winter of 258BC, i clicked to finish that turn, the game is freezed when Seleucid passed!
    i tried it twice, but both time the game were freezed!

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help! Game freezed at 258BC!

Try moving some agents around, or a few army units, sometimes this will clear the problem. I have always thought this problem would occur when a volcanic eruption was scheduled myself, but no proof of that.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar
    Try moving some agents around, or a few army units, sometimes this will clear the problem. I have always thought this problem would occur when a volcanic eruption was scheduled myself, but no proof of that.
    i tried to move some agents, but the problem still existed, and the game still freezed at Seleucid. perhaps i should try moving or changing more things later?

hmmm...I fear that this is a CA bug that seldomly occurs when a specific event occurs and the circumstances vary. I though bug fixer that is included has fixed this.
    But it does not happen all the times. (For me NEVER happened...but I have heard 1-2 times it did)

try a different save game, it could be corrupt.

orange slice's Avatar Ducenarius

did you do anything with the txt files? if not try installing the game agian

Member of the TWC History Club

it did happen to me!, i changed nothing in txt files, and i just have one saved game, so perhaps i should restart a new campaign,

Im pretty sure that you have to restart your campaign. Same happened to me when i was testing out the mod. It froze, at around that time... cant remember exactly when, but anyways, ya. it froze... and it was my only campain. So, just start a new one... the saved game is corrupt imo.
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

If it was an old save from DM_7.x and you have progressed so little (12 years) I believe it is worth the effort to start a new campaign with no CTDs and try new settings than tire yself in this

it is not an old save, yes, i think i d better to start a new campaign to enjoy your dark force!