Thread: How much of Dragon Age: Origins did I play through?

Default How much of Dragon Age: Origins did I play through?

How much of the game is left after you've got the help of the Dwarfs and Mages and you've gone to the castle and cured the crazy kid whose possessed by a demon? I ask this because like I do with all great games, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect, SW:KOTOR 1. I start the game spend 10 hours on a character and find a fault with my character or regret doing something and end up starting again. I do this countless of times and because of this I've not yet completed Oblivion or DAO and Star Wars: Knights of the old republic but spend plenty of hours in each one.

Default Re: How much of Dragon Age: Origins did I play through?

Wonīt spoil the game for you, but you have played about a third of it; less if you havenīt done any side quests in Denerim etc. Also, there are few mistakes to be done with characters in the game. Pump strength and to a lesser degree, dexterity and constitution in warriors; with rogues, if they are archers go for dexterity mostly. For mages, pump Magic and willpower, if you do things right no one will touch you and then constitution and dexterity become quite irrelevant, unless you become a Arcane Warrior.

Also Shapeshifter and Reaver are crappy specializations for begginers. Use others. Also, as the main character only get enough cunning to get maximum skill in Coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post
    Wonīt spoil the game for you, but you have played about a third of it; less if you havenīt done any side quests in Denerim etc. Also, there are few mistakes to be done with characters in the game. Pump strength and to a lesser degree, dexterity and constitution in warriors; with rogues, if they are archers go for dexterity mostly. For mages, pump Magic and willpower, if you do things right no one will touch you and then constitution and dexterity become quite irrelevant, unless you become a Arcane Warrior.

Also Shapeshifter and Reaver are crappy specializations for begginers. Use others. Also, as the main character only get enough cunning to get maximum skill in Coercion.

Oh okay, so I think I'm going to play as a mage because I've been a warrior on all my previous attempts at completing the game, thanks for the tips. You think that mages are just as fun to play as warriors? I really do enjoy having my main character kill enemies with 2 or 3 slashes, it's quite relaxing to watch it acutely.

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    Oh okay, so I think I'm going to play as a mage because I've been a warrior on all my previous attempts at completing the game, thanks for the tips. You think that mages are just as fun to play as warriors? I really do enjoy having my main character kill enemies with 2 or 3 slashes, it's quite relaxing to watch it acutely.
    My only problem with mages is that they are overpowered

Althrough that does depend a lot on the spells you take. For example getting only elemental spells is fail - the spells that win the game and the hardest encounters are vulnerability hex, force field, crushing prision and mana clash. Disabling is as important as damage sometimes. Of the elemental spells, Fireball is the only must have IMO, and mostly because of the knockdown. If you get 2 mages one must be a healer, so if you donīt take Wynne either you or Morrigan should have Spirit Healer.

Really, didnīt play in other difficulties than normal but I killed Flemeth and Gaxkang without reloading with Morrigan with the spells I mentioned, an archer Leliana and me and Sten as greatsword wielding lunatics. Those tomes that give you an extra spell ARE worth it.