Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1978

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

[QUOTE=pukadog;12492534]
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Pukadog - I did regimental flags for the British way-back when I did the flag mod, but I have no idea how a unit would have 2 (I enabled folks to chose a regimatal flag if they wanted to instead of kings color - but note I lost most of the flags in a PC crash) in one in-game unit. Sorry .

Oh that is ok, I have been looking at some modding tool listed on ETW (work with NTW also). I found Pack File Manager 2.4.1 by daniu (testing some ideas for myself) and [Tool] DBEditor 1.8 by LtChambers.
    The PFM 2.4.1 has some extra columns that I did not see with PFM 1.5.9.
    1st) idea I have is to add a
    warscape_equipment_themes table (DB files) for your Napoleon and Staff so that they can have a pistol as secondary weapon.(aware that a few more tables have to add to make it work)
    2nd) idea is have two flag bearers to your
    Old Guard Grenadiers Reserve (one battle flag/national and the other unit ID flag) (CA hardcore only one face/side of a flag) Looking at other mods that have this set up in ETW.
    Will it be ok for me to do some of these add on to your mods?
    regarding the flags, are you suggesting making a separate mod that creates an additional soldier (standard bearer) to vanilla or any mod, or using parts of my mod within yours? I wonder if one of the musicians can be replaced with an additional standard bearer (if you can work out how to create a second flag for a single nation). For example, you can give a standard bearer to the flutist slot and you get the standard bearer but no flag. If you can work out how to get a flag, that may at least solve the problem of adding the additonal soldier.

Happy to collaborate, so just let me know what you have in mind!
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 21, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

I don't think you can have an additional soldier, but may be you can sacrifice a musician and replace it with secodn flag bearer.
    But the flag would probably need to be a static non animated flag.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I don't think you can have an additional soldier, but may be you can sacrifice a musician and replace it with secodn flag bearer.
    But the flag would probably need to be a static non animated flag.
    Yes, per above, replacing the flutist with a standard bearer gives the bearer animated figure with a pole - but no flag on the pole. I don't know how flags are assigned to the standard bearer pole/figure.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

[QUOTE=pukadog;12492534]
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Pukadog - I did regimental flags for the British way-back when I did the flag mod, but I have no idea how a unit would have 2 (I enabled folks to chose a regimatal flag if they wanted to instead of kings color - but note I lost most of the flags in a PC crash) in one in-game unit. Sorry .

Oh that is ok, I have been looking at some modding tool listed on ETW (work with NTW also). I found Pack File Manager 2.4.1 by daniu (testing some ideas for myself) and [Tool] DBEditor 1.8 by LtChambers.
    The PFM 2.4.1 has some extra columns that I did not see with PFM 1.5.9.
    1st) idea I have is to add a
    warscape_equipment_themes table (DB files) for your Napoleon and Staff so that they can have a pistol as secondary weapon.(aware that a few more tables have to add to make it work)
    2nd) idea is have two flag bearers to your
    Old Guard Grenadiers Reserve (one battle flag/national and the other unit ID flag) (CA hardcore only one face/side of a flag) Looking at other mods that have this set up in ETW.
    Will it be ok for me to do some of these add on to your mods?
    But that would look incorrect and be so, so wrong. There was just 1 Eagle for the whole of the Guard Grenadier Infantry & similarly 1 for the Guard Chasseur Infantry, carried by the 1st battalion in each case (in other words the elite of the elite).
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

pdguru - Yes, per above, replacing the flutist with a standard bearer gives the bearer animated figure with a pole - but no flag on the pole. I don't know how flags are assigned to the standard bearer pole/figure.
    The information I found, the flags are equipment files so they aren't waving and are static . The new flags have to been formed and the flag pole is waving the flag.
    Steph-static non animated flag.
    Yes, you're correct.

Prince of Essling- It just idea for this mini mod, may end up using if for some other army/units.
    Last edited by pukadog; January 22, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

After many hours spent on my new campaign.After observing all the beautifull details youv made im closeing my review with one word.

Masterpiece!

Special thanks for the Old Guard Reserve,the "N" on cannons,the faces and and and...
    And offcourse thanks to everybody who has fingers in this and helped you to make us happy.Live a long and healthy life Bro.
    Last edited by Andre J. Jassoch; January 25, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thank you, Andre!

Somethong I didn't realize was how much other sites use the mods posted here - the mods are "repackaged" all over the world, which is very cool indeed!

My only regret is that we can't see all those places - to see all the far-away friends we have playing these games with us!

For example, a quick search brought up these three links:

http://mods.totalwars.ru/statji-i-ob...total-war.html
    http://www.totalwar-turkiye.com/twfo...?topic=83643.0
    http://www.turktotalwar.com/index.php?topic=10475.0

If you read my threads here, and know about other places these mods are shared, please tell us here on this thread - so we can see how the good news is spread.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 01, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

screens gained with new graphical settings; more consistence to colours, less darkened but not brilliant at the same time. Better definition, despite of the very poor settings. Tell me what you think, please, thanks

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Wonderfull pics, Drama. The one of the bayonets (Pdguru´s Waffenfabric) is just fantastic. But for my personal taste they are still a bit darker. Regards.

Titus Pullo 777's Avatar Foederatus

Hello Pdguru, which of your packages is compatible with LME 4?

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

All are compatible and make for LME4

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

My currently french LME4 campaign - France & Bavaria VS Piedmont

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

eh Mayor, I know the question about the darker aspect of my pictures is not only under your eye it's probably my heavy-metal soul making me near to this nightshade filters))

thanks

Venno is fully in charge, strong with his new graphical settinga, yep! which kind of ussaro is in the second image..and which regiment has this sort of multicoloured plume? °_°
    why should I think there's always something I've lost? ahah!

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Nice pictures Vennon (it sounds repetitive, but... true) I have the same question asked by my darker heavy metal Voltigieri friend... Which infantry unit is that?

Granatieri di Piemonte and Bavarische Husaren from LME4

OLD SIG

Tired of TWC Arrogance

I've tried the sweetFX now. I'm not sure if I like it better then what I have been doing but it does give us another option. I like the somewhat moodier, muted effect you can get with it, and it might provide a slighter higher quality texture effect. Examples of my game running with sweetfx below:

Use this for configurate the sweetfx in the way you want http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91
    Unpack everywhere, add the napoleon.exe in the left column and start modify the effects
    Drama and I only modified this
    SMAA attivato a 0.20
    LUMA sharpen a 0.60
    vibrance 0.10
    vignette 1.00

OLD SIG

Titus Pullo 777's Avatar Foederatus

@ Vennonetes

Can multiple pdguru - Mods used simultaneously for LME 4?

thanks for your answer!

Of course ^^

OLD SIG

Fiesta!

in regard of small superstition I'll not spread this news everything by "screaming" but...with this stuff I've solved (so it seems)my terrible issues of lag and similar accidents often making me similar to an histeric madamoiselle.

PDGURU: please install the control panel Venno suggested you and with your historical patience try some solutions; I must notice that it's surely possible a configuration giving you brighter colours, with a good saturation (at the opposite of what I usually search ah ah!)

I'm going to post some screens NOT MODIFIED (or with very very light modification). AA none and anisotropic x2 (16.000 men on the field without any problem) no hdr,saao, v sync and all teh mighty heavy options down below the main settings (vga setted as "follow ingame settings).

good luck you all sir

PS: Sweet Fx particularly gives good evidence to PdGuru's work about ship's details...look by yourself! great!

note that last two pics are worked, not heavily but worked. the first ones are mostly completely unworked..same the during the game.

Davvero una svolta, Venno

TITUS PULLO, go and enjoy!...but don't forget to put in the script list, the alternative napoleon mod by our PdGuru at the edge of the list (and generally put his mods higher in the script list..I made the same to the list in the mod manager); by this way you shouldn't have problems.