Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1978

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Mr. Guru; I can`t seem to get the Corsican unit to load from the script. It CTD`s everytime before the splash screen. I am not sure if I have it placed in the wrong order, or if it is conflicting with other mods. Could you tell me if this unit replaces an existing one. I did download the new names file for LME4.
    EDIT* I got the unit to load by placing it after the 10-3 Units Mod. However; When selecting the Tirilleurs Corse listed in the roster for custom battles. It shows an older unit, and not the New unit that you just released.
    Thank you for any incite on this.

I think the ships look good. They could definitely use some more Grunge Appeal though. I too am a huge fan of the on campaign and battle tested look
    Last edited by Ransan309; January 09, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Is anyone else having the problem Ransan is describing?

I did as well

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Mmmm.

I cannot recreate the error you are having. My user script has things in this order:

mod Pdguru_Tirailleurs_Corses_1.pack;
    mod Pdguru_Coalition_Minimod_2-1.pack;
    mod Pdguru_French_Release_10-3.pack;

Is that the order you have them in? If so, I wonder if you have something else conflicting?

I have made a tweek to the mod so you can try this version in case it's better: http://rapidshare.com/files/14145157...Corses_1-1.zip Note that you'll need to change the user.script to " mod Pdguru_Tirailleurs_Corses_1-1.pack; " of course.

Let me know.

In the meantime, me hearties, shiver me timbers and avast ye land lubbers! Here are my grubby ships with new texture, gunhole sills, frames and stains, and a few barnacles along the waterline, for good measure...

Last edited by Pdguru; January 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Thank you Mr. guru for your assistance! The 1-1 pack works like a charm Not sure why the other one failed to show up in the Unit Roster. With that... I present to you the Tirailleurs Corses!
    I love the "GRUNGE FACTOR" on those ship hulls. You can almost smell the salt in the air!

Last edited by Ransan309; January 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Ha ha! Glad to hear it's working OK for you now.

Nice pics - the new chaps look great in action!

Glad you like the salty-dog ships - what say other here?

Great job on the ships

Thank U Sir Pdguru, the Tirailleurs Corses 1.1.pack works fine

Chasseurs d'Montagne maybe? Kind of similar to the Corsicans but these guys were the ones fighting guerillas and rounding up deserters in Spain.
    Proud member of the great TkD Clan and resident of the Kingdom of Sweden

Steam name: nfselephants/ Archduke Sven

Will this mod work with Darthmod Napoleon?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Will this mod work with Darthmod Napoleon?
    Put it at the top of your user.script. The units stats are not ideal for Darthmod but it will work fine.

mennelik's Avatar Civis

ok i placed the script at the top and the french unit 10.3 in the data file and what about the upc, do i have to use that also?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by mennelik View Post
    ok i placed the script at the top and the french unit 10.3 in the data file and what about the upc, do i have to use that also?
    If you want my unit names, then yes, and you must NOT use the DMN one because you can only use one names file at a time. But you will lose any names added by DMN's names file of course. Note that the names file does not need to be added to the user.script.

Do you have a download link just for the Old Guard Reserve?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Vitruvius View Post
    Do you have a download link just for the Old Guard Reserve?
    No, sorry they are in the pack. If you know how to use PFM then you can always just strip everything else out. By why would you want to do that?

Icon7 Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Would it be possible to have two flag bearers per battalion/regiment for your guard/elite units? Have one carry the regimental/ unit ID flag and the other carry the country battle flag/national flag. It would make your units/mod stand out on the battle field.
    (May even fool some players thinking they are up against two regiments unit)
    I got this idea/suggestion from a image I found on a ETW thread.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

This Big Pack is fascinating piece of hell of a job.Tested just today.You have outdone yourself.Many thanks and ofcourse 10+ Rep.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Pukadog - I did regimental flags for the British way-back when I did the flag mod, but I have no idea how a unit would have 2 (I enabled folks to chose a regimatal flag if they wanted to instead of kings color - but note I lost most of the flags in a PC crash) in one in-game unit. Sorry .

Andre - Thank you. Your experience here is significant, and your opinion, respected.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Just a clown who loves Napoleon era. Thanks for the compliments.

♔Pdguru♔; Pukadog - I did regimental flags for the British way-back when I did the flag mod, but I have no idea how a unit would have 2 (I enabled folks to chose a regimatal flag if they wanted to instead of kings color - but note I lost most of the flags in a PC crash) in one in-game unit. Sorry .
    Oh that is ok, I have been looking at some modding tool listed on ETW (work with NTW also). I found Pack File Manager 2.4.1 by daniu (testing some ideas for myself) and [Tool] DBEditor 1.8 by LtChambers.
    The PFM 2.4.1 has some extra columns that I did not see with PFM 1.5.9.
    1st) idea I have is to add a
    warscape_equipment_themes table (DB files) for your Napoleon and Staff so that they can have a pistol as secondary weapon.(aware that a few more tables have to add to make it work)
    2nd) idea is have two flag bearers to your
    Old Guard Grenadiers Reserve (one battle flag/national and the other unit ID flag) (CA hardcore only one face/side of a flag) Looking at other mods that have this set up in ETW.
    Will it be ok for me to do some of these add on to your mods?
    Last edited by pukadog; January 22, 2013 at 07:01 PM.