Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1978

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's FRENCH MOD: Uniforms and More!

OK, Hunk. Let's see if others have the same problem and see if that can point us to what the problem is.

Centaure - love those pics! You have a distinctive style.

As for everyone else - tell me what you think of 10-3!
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 03, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Here are some screenshots of custom battle featuring 10-3 Units! Most excellent

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Nice! How do those whizzing musket balls sound? And the 'Gouchymod' guns?

10.3 is . Rep+ Bart07 for the eagles too.
    Bullet noise zipping by is great too.
    Last edited by pukadog; December 04, 2012 at 08:40 AM.

Very cinematic indeed! Mr. Guru.... The distant sounds of rumbling adds a lot of realism to the whole experience. Also... As depicted in my screenshots: I dismounted my Hussars and formed a skirmish line against a regiment of British Foot Guards. Obviously not a good idea if your trying to win a battle, but for testing the new features, it produced satisfying results. Musket balls were buzzing by all over the place. Very chaotic and authentic, especially when zoomed in among the troops.

It reminded me of some excerpts I read, from first hand accounts, by Civil War soldiers that described how vollies of mini -balls sounded like swarms of bees as they wizzed by in the heat of battle.

I think you have captured the essence of battle to a tee good sir

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Dude, i did that many times, and there are all french units in the game, but when i press Start Battle(Custom Battle)Game crashes - Not Responding, it's so frustrating!
    Try to start a battle with only one unit on each side, and see if it crashes. Try with several units, see if it's a general problem, or if it happens only for a specific unit.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thanks for trying to help Hunk, Steph!

Ransan and Pukadog: Delighted you're enjoying!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

As promised. Celebration:

Increased mameluks cavalry units to gain a stronger impact when charging the squares.
    Pdgurians hussards for counter attacks.

Enjoy!

thanks

Nice pics Ransan and Drama. Thanks PD.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Centaure; January 01, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Centaure, how did you changed the brightness? Your game looks alot darker then mine...

Pdguru
    Please take a look at this CAV Unit made by Sotericus
    Haiduci (Outlaw/Highway Irregular Cav) page #405 of this trend( 9/29/12) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post12311760
    It is not the unit, but the weapon/pistol for a CAV unit. I think he has his own animations.
    It would be nice to see some of your CAV units with a pistol. I even like the idea of having the pistol as secondary weapon on the unit table’s db file OR a pistol as primary weapon. Maybe see a” Mix” some men have a saber and some men have a pistol.Well it is only a just a suggestion.
    Last edited by pukadog; December 06, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Nice screenshots, as usual, Centaure and Drama!

I can`t seem to get the battle flags to work. When I put the Pdguru_Flags_vlate2.pack into the Scripts folder it crashes out during the splash screen everytime. Any thoughts on this? I had a bit of a catostrophic failure (messing about with things when I should have known better) and I just now am getting things loaded back in, and running good again.

Hi Pdguru, im trying to change the Carabinier hats to only shakos for the soldiers ( Im keeping the officers and drummers with the bearskin ) However when i try to do this on the variantmodel thing it never works. I am sure i am doing something wrong so could you please provide some help?

( the reason i am doing this is because i have reached year 1807 in my campaing )

thanks for whatever help i get
    Proud member of the great TkD Clan and resident of the Kingdom of Sweden

Steam name: nfselephants/ Archduke Sven

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Ransan - It's my fault - - the instructions in the OP are incorrect in that the flag file is called "Pdguru_Flags_Final.pack", not "Pdguru_Flags_vlate2.pack".
    So type Pdguru_Flags_Final.pack in the user.script instead and you should be fine. Sorry about that. I have corrected the OP accordingly.

LotsofxXandzZ: If you open up the variant "september_inf_line_french_carabiniers.soldier.unit_variant", you have to delete one of the variant lines in the 'Hats' ModelPart, keeping only the one for the Chausseur_Busby. You delete a variant line by right-clicking on it and selecting "Remove Mesh and Texture Reference". Make sure to copy the mesh name (VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/hats/Chasseur_Busby/mesh) and texture name (VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Hats/Officer_Bicorn_5/tex/texture) references for the busby - in case you delete the wrong line.

Pukadog - interesting idea, and I gave it some thought... Cavalry using pistols in NTW seem to do odd things in my opinion (they only seems top work for general units like the ones in LME), and personally I believe the main use of formed cavalry units on the pitched battlefield was not to fire weapons from the saddle (they'd end up shooting each other, ), but to wield the steel. Carbines were for skirmishes and emergencies, and I don't believe any units ever formed up to volley pistols (given they were so inaccurate and short ranged as to make muskets look good ). So I'll leave the units as-is I think. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 06, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

Thank you Pdguru for the clarification on the Flags mod. Here a few more screenshots featuring 10-3 units and others.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    LotsofxXandzZ: If you open up the variant "september_inf_line_french_carabiniers.soldier.unit_variant", you have to delete one of the variant lines in the 'Hats' ModelPart, keeping only the one for the Chausseur_Busby. You delete a variant line by right-clicking on it and selecting "Remove Mesh and Texture Reference". Make sure to copy the mesh name (VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/hats/Chasseur_Busby/mesh) and texture name (VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Hats/Officer_Bicorn_5/tex/texture) references for the busby - in case you delete the wrong line.

Pukadog - interesting idea, and I gave it some thought... Cavalry using pistols in NTW seem to do odd things in my opinion (they only seems top work for general units like the ones in LME), and personally I believe the main use of formed cavalry units on the pitched battlefield was not to fire weapons from the saddle (they'd end up shooting each other, ), but to wield the steel. Carbines were for skirmishes and emergencies, and I don't believe any units ever formed up to volley pistols (given they were so inaccurate and short ranged as to make muskets look good ). So I'll leave the units as-is I think. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
    Thank you for the help

And also, i just wanted say that pistols could be very effective against inexperienced ( spaniards xD) soldiers. Some french dragoons at the battle of Talavera were skirmishing with their pistols at the spanish line when suddenly the entire spanish line fired a volley which scared themselves so much that they went into a complete rout... To top it off they then plundered the british baggage train!
    Proud member of the great TkD Clan and resident of the Kingdom of Sweden

Steam name: nfselephants/ Archduke Sven

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Ransan - I particularly like the fourth picture. Has a realistic feel to it. +rep

LotsofxXandzZ - not sure I can create a "causes fear" effect for pistols or one for recruits firing their first volley, but I like story. The fact the Spanish were terrified by their own volley is funny enough, but that they were, on the other hand, brave enough to sack their ally's baggage train on their way out, is hilarious .

Regarding Hussars firing from horseback.....Mine seem to be doing this now. Before I borked things up by trying to merge a couple of text files together(For some reason I am not capable of doing this) My Hussars could only fire when dis-mounted. Since things are running close to the way they were before. I think I`ll just let things be for now. I am assuming that the stats in db tables have been altered for some reason. So I may go in and see what I can do with that. I seem to be capable with modding those, since it is a very simple thing to do. Unfortunately for me....The things that seem simple to alot of folks on here are beyond my reckoning.
    Ofcourse; I can still fall back on my standard reason of being OLD and not so smart

Couple of screenshots that capture the essence of battle

Great pics Ransan I will rep you when I can

HUNK, here is an interesting link that will answer your question http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=521126

Last edited by Centaure; January 01, 2013 at 12:09 PM.