Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Understood on the coat color. There are many greatcoat mods out there, and the ones I have seen do go for the dark navy blue. So, why do another one? I have cjhosen a color that I like the look of, and also, the chaces are the coats got lighter and washed out some when in the field.

Regarding unit names, if removing ui has that effect (I don't know why) just revert to the original file and try replacing the unit cards with ones from the vanilla unit using PFM "replace" function.

PDG, I lke the color too and you right about fading in the field. I have been there, I know. You spend a year uin the jungle and stuff doesn't look anything like the original and that was more than 40 years ago for me with synthetics so in Napoleonic times must have been much worse.

Regarding the UI... I tried deleting and re-installing I even deleted NTW completely and deleted all the mods but when reinstalled it was all the same. No unit names. I don't knwo what Im doing with PFM it is my first time so its certainly my mistake I just don't know what to do now.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice ! +rep

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Edited: discussion moved forward and post was too late.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    PDG, I lke the color too and you right about fading in the field. I have been there, I know. You spend a year uin the jungle and stuff doesn't look anything like the original and that was more than 40 years ago for me with synthetics so in Napoleonic times must have been much worse.

Regarding the UI... I tried deleting and re-installing I even deleted NTW completely and deleted all the mods but when reinstalled it was all the same. No unit names. I don't knwo what Im doing with PFM it is my first time so its certainly my mistake I just don't know what to do now.
    Ah, I can see you now, faded and jaded in the jungles with your gun in hand. Hopefully it was easier to keep you powder dry than it was for Napoleonic fighters!

Sounds like you've deleted or messed up the .loc file and I am not at my NTW PC to be specific... but if you have reinstalled and/or run the verify file function on Steam you should have solved the problem. Or if you have the .loc file for another mod in place it may be conflicting. Check files you have from other new unit/skins mods and see if that's what it is.

Thanks PDG I'll look
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

looks good PDG, are these colors authentic?
    oh wow excellent work,best I have seen and an excellent colour variation on the great coats and trousers.Like it alot

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    And with new trousers:

Excellent work.Best Guard great coat regiment I have seen.Excellent variation on the colours as well

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    oh wow excellent work,best I have seen and an excellent colour variation on the great coats and trousers.Like it alot
    Thank you! You knowledge and passion for the period give your recognition added value, good sir.

The colors vary of course, depending on your settings. I use the ENB mod which for some may seem dark or too rich (at first I felt the same way) but for me brings out the textures and mood brilliantly. Also, of course, modders can open up the dds files and adjust tone and brightness of the skins themselves. The new application app posted by Lord Rato is also a good option to change colors and more.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 07, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Great Maester, your Italian and Croat regiments are working perfectly!
    Thank you very much, as soon as the system of the forum allows me, i´ll give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Ah, I can see you now, faded and jaded in the jungles with your gun in hand. Hopefully it was easier to keep you powder dry than it was for Napoleonic fighters!

Sounds like you've deleted or messed up the .loc file and I am not at my NTW PC to be specific... but if you have reinstalled and/or run the verify file function on Steam you should have solved the problem. Or if you have the .loc file for another mod in place it may be conflicting. Check files you have from other new unit/skins mods and see if that's what it is.
    PDG
    This is what I have tried
    I have tried individually deleting and reinstalling each of the mods hoping that a reinstall would replace whatever file was missing. Then out of frustration I have completely uninstalled from my entire hard drive everything related to NTW four times. Each time I attempt to validate the integrity of the files through steam I get a message saying one file failed to validate and will be reacquired. It is never reacquired whatever that file is. I used registry cleaner each time and registry defrag in addition one tine.
    So four times I have completely uninstalled and deleted everything including the contents of the creative assembly file under user/at data. I have checked my hard drive doing a search for any files that appear to be related in any way to NTW with each delete and reinstall.
    I am completely at a loss and I do not want to keep doing this for the rest of my life uninstalling and reinstalling. I am just an old veteran who would like to enjoy some enhanced gaming.
    In a previous post you said looks like I deleted am loc file. I don’t even know what that is. How would I replace it?
    There were conflicts with any of the mods and no issues with names until I deleted the ui files for your mods. In fact everything ran fine with these mods I just didn’t like the unit cards.
    I hope you can help
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

If you only removed the ui folder in my mod then I am baffled as to how it can have effected your whole game, especially if you have since wiped the files and completely re-installed.

You should have two files in you data folder, local_en and local_en_patch. Make sure they are there. That's the file that's used to pull a unit name.

Now, my NEW units (Italians/Croatians etc) will not have in-game names unless you add them to the localisation.loc file which is in the above local_en pack. Are you missing all the unit names or just my new ones?

Also, other mods usually have their own localisation.loc file to add their unit names, and you can only use one of those at a time. For example, LME adds lots of units and has a revised .loc file called "LME2_Text_UPC_based(1807onwards).pack". If you have other mods and they have their own .loc file, maybe they are the problem.

Ultimately, I suggest you look at the technical help thread to see if you can find a solution or ask someone there who might recongixe the issue better than me. Let me know!

I find myself in your debt once again PDG. Your are the man! I had not added any new units before my problem but I had added the Radious experience mod (which I think is great). It has its own LOC. Before your post I had no idea where units names where or what an LOC was. So I looked and found the radious experience mod loc and deleted it. Insatntaly all unit names where back! Thanks my friend, thanks so much! I don't know if the radious experience mod will still work now but at least all the unit names are back.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

BTW do you know how I can get a mod that expands deployment zones. I use ultra setting and that makes the deployment zones pretty cramped.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

PDG please disregard the last question I found Baron Von Beers modified deployment zones,, works great.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

When will the Italians and croatians be ready sir?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

When will the Italians and croatians be ready sir?
    They have been avaialble in the OP for nearly a week!

Im sorry what is the link?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Im sorry what is the link?
    Look in the opening post of this thread. At the bottom are enclosed files, and one of them is a pack with the Italian Line, Italian Chasseurs and the Croatians.

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Pdguru's Mods

And as i said in my previous post, those regiments are beautiful and working perfectly
    Great Maester, i must make a little question: do you only create french units, or is there any possibility of regiments from other nations?
    As always, thank you very much for you brilliant regiments.. i´m now waiting for the rest of the release!