Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1978

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    So now, having said the above to you, Dramabelli, can you see how sadness is only caused by the fact that everyone wants only the good? And add the irony that one man's good is another's bad, and you begin to understand the chaos and inherent sadness in this apparent reality... until we all wake up.
    Pdguru, I read your post about relativism and I can say you that assuming this polarity as truly existent, the problem is not the "good" itself BUT, in my opinion, the WILL of good, the "I Want" the good. To want is the problem. We only want the good but we can't stop for deeply asking ourself: "what is the good? what's really?".
    Common people, I say, detains often the best ideas to solve little and bigger problems.
    The problem lies mostly in the head of this leviathan-society, in the head-chief. Same here.
    We should re-start to think seriously the true meaning of some pillar-words of our model of Society and see how these menings figure into concrete reality.
    And yes, indeed, we're strongly sleeping.
    Wake up it's a solution but everyone already has the key of the prison, but who want escape a golden prison?

Well, I would try to give a little support to research after my "wavingwondering" activity of these hours

http://www.romeomodels.com/product_i...fd864564ac77c5

above: you have a model of an officer of the Navy Guard, Kingdom of Naples 1811-15

and then below, you've a sailor of the navy guard, with an interesting hat

http://www.romeomodels.com/product_i...8585787ac79474

mybe you could be interested in reproducing this unit
    I focused on it 'cause you're treating Naple's army.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Dramabelli, I think we are saying similar things. Many of us ask "what is the good?", sometimes in the sense of "what's the point?", other times in the sense of "what's the right thing?" or what is the right thing to do?"

Eventually, many people stop asking because it gets too complicated. All this thinking and doing the right thing is hard work. So we adopt beliefs, and from them systems of behavior, and eventually dogma - which means we relieve ourselves of the need to think, let alone consider or do or be what's right. We willingly exchange freedom of will for rules and memberships - best exemplified by politics and religions - which are usually defined by folks who know how inherently lazy people are, and create rules from which they gain power.

It's nobody's fault but our own. We rush headlong into surrendering our[selves] because it's easier that way. Being a victim is the simple solution. So what do we do about that? Am I preaching revolution? Well, that's happened before but we soon slip back into the same rut - the USA has managed to turn freedom and plenty into corruption, imperialism and social inequity in only 200 years. The only real change is within ourselves and we need not await the time for us all to do that in order to be happy (and that includes awaiting the return of a prophet or anyone else). As I said above, and one of the wise men told us, heaven is within us - we just have to accept it. Allow me to leave you with another quote:
    "You could provide healthcare, fuel conversion, education, whatever, and have a war, if you really desired to. The resources are all there, limited only by the same sense of lack and apathy that we previously defined as the reason for people's need for religion... but whereas religious systems relieve the need to take responsibility for the development of a personal path to spirituality, monetary systems relieve the need to take responsibility for the development of your worldly experience - and true potential. Both religious and monetary systems are based on the use of a 'currency' of which there is limited supply. Most importantly, these currencies are the very entities of which lack or plenty provide definitions and measure of strength or weakness, happiness or sadness or even good and evil.

That makes sense, but isn't the real issue the greedy and power-hungry people running these systems?

Your ego is projecting guilt onto others instead of facing up to what you need to change about yourself - your role in the systems that you are so keen to blame for the problems of the world.

Explain, please

What is important for you to see here is that this is not about a group of mean-minded leaders, Capitalism, or whatever you see as "the System". Rather, it is about the truth that you cannot see past the religious and monetary systems which you have bought-into, and that create the very lack about which you are so angry (and afraid). "
    Thank you for the chance to discuss these matters of importance, Dramabelli.
    Last edited by Pdguru; September 22, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

That's the nicest off topic I ever read

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    That's the nicest off topic I ever read

So let's get back to subject and enjoy a pic of the Spanish grenadiers in the last release marching uphill towards some uncertain light cavalry...

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Thanks to you, Pdguru. Discussion is going deeper at this point and I see you're naming the ancient enemy, a pillar of this society: Ego. Ego is the perfect illusion of being "one" (against/different from "others"). Despite of this illusion I believe Ego is a base structure preparing the one to be a non important part of a "mass" we call "Us" ...a "colletive Us". So what's identity? generally a group of details,characteristics we choose to "form" a social personality. As you say, a community, local, national, etc embraces beliefs and going through this regules, divides the world in good and evil, giving a rigid sense, nullifying everyone in a so called higher idea (we can name it "total identification"). Where is the real, concrete capacity of pure thinking in all this system? the reply will be: you're free to think what you want. Well, but if act of thinking is already a part of pre-determined mechanicism?
    we remain in the same illusion. Sleeping human-machines. Perfect machines.
    Be totally critic is an act of corageous solitude, nothing eroic. Surely corageous, but we must also pay attention to the fact we should choose it not for pure antagonism versus others (it would be another way to the same prison-illusion). We should embrace this action for a ourself.
    It's hard for me explain what I'm trying to say in english if already in italian is not easy eh eh! but well I say you as a strong sentence I'm always thinking about: "We're born dead to spend all this life to become alive and alive die"..alive: not in the meanings of survivors! What I say with this phrase is what you say: "wake up". Many people consider relativism as a form of nihilism but -as a person sometimes nihilist- I don't agree with them. I would imagine this sort of relativism as a way to try escape ego and "be alive".
    It's hard and this choice doesn't make you as a superhuman person over all (it should be always Ego). Many times you spend the whole life only to remain vigilant, vigilant inside.
    As a sentinel. Literally as a sentinel.

thanks mate, again. I've always thought in this forum there's more, more than simply passion for game.

Ina sort of impression I could figure your thoughts reflected by the faces of your soldiers.

PS: I'm trying to find during this last hour reliable images of 113 infaterie de ligne (italian regiment) with his original motto: "Etruria o morte!".(Etruria or death!)

but I've found only this site of an italian association reproducing this regiment: http://translate.google.com/translat...gua%3Ditaliano

In the wiki page of italian regiments under imperial french flag I've found tons of units but it's strongly hard to find illustrations about uniforms and details.

I was thinking that we can reconnect a discussion about the war (suggested by total war games) to what we're saying today about ego/mass, beliefs and the relative meaning of good and evil. Ok, I could seem a fool but sometimes while I see in battle scenes, I discover myself thinking in this direction: have you see how many regiments were created during imperial french empire?
    I can't imagine: people in army! and not only during this period. I still clearly remember a the scene from Barry Lindon when during seven years war, Barry, with prussian uniform, meets a woman alone with her little son: her husband lost, she doesn't know if died or alive again somewhere in Europe.
    That's the power of Ideals, Symbols, Words.
    Maybe we could say that

"War is a form of concrete bloody sofism".

Some french managed to escape from cossacks...

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

You should really check the color of these coats. It almost hurts the eyes for non colour blind people.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You should really check the color of these coats. It almost hurts the eyes for non colour blind people.
    Ouch, .

I thought that the colors on the greatcoated line were OK since the last release (below). If not, perhaps someone can let me know rather than the statement that they hurt your eyes?

Last edited by Pdguru; September 22, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Vennonetes - nice picture. Captures your title for it well!

Dramabelli - an excellent and special reply. I will write to you using Personal Message.

Re the 113e, it seems to have had the standard fusilier unit unform, but I did find:

... which was at http://www.napoleonandglory.com/Drapeau-du-113-eme-regiment-dinfanterie-de-ligne-en-1804

And...
    113e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Regimental History
    1795: Created 113e demi-brigade de bataille (formed from the following)
    1er bataillon, 57e Regiment d'Infanterie
    6e bataillon, Volontaires des Landres
    6e bataillon, Volontaires de Lot-et-Garonne
    1796: Disbanded and incorporated into 85e demi-brigade d'Infanterie de Ligne
    1808: 113e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne(formed from)

Regiment d'Infanterie Toscan
    1814: Disbanded
    Colonels and Chefs-de-Brigade
    1795: Bechon (?) - Chef-de-Brigade
    1808: Pelecier (Charles-Joseph) - Major
    1808: Capponi (Robert) - Colonel
    1812: Martini (Alexandre) - Colonel
    1814: Thibault (Frederic-Armand) - Colonel
    None of the above officers attained the rank of General
    Colonels killed and wounded while commanding the 113e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
    No Colonels killed or wounded
    Officers killed and wounded while serving with the 113e Regiment d'Infanterie during the period 1808-1814
    Officers killed: Thirteen
    Officers died of wounds: One
    Officers wounded: Fifty-two
    Regimental war record (Battles and Combats)
    1795: Yrursum
    1808: Girone and Figuieres
    1809: Castillon-de-Ampurias
    1811: Bonas, Torquemada, and Villamanan
    1812: Cuidad-Rodrigo, Burgos, Arapiles, and Sinerone
    1812: La Moskowa, Osmiana and Wilna
    1813: Lutzen, Bauzen, Koenigsberg, and Ohra
    1814: Magdebourg, Champaubert, and Paris
    Battle Honours
    Tarragone 1811, La Moskowa 1812, Lutzen 1813, and Bautzen 1813

...which was at http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_frenchinf12.html
    Last edited by Pdguru; September 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Had to take a few quick pics. of your new units Pdguru. I couldn`t resist the first two of the small grouping of musicians, infantry, and officer. All ready to defend the Eagle to the death!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

Ouch, .

I thought that the colors on the greatcoated line were OK since the last release (below). If not, perhaps someone can let me know rather than the statement that they hurt your eyes?

In this picture, they are grey. In the other picture, some were turquoise.

Since you are colour blind, I have 3 suggestions
    1) Post a screen of your unit and your reference picture, and we can tell you if the colour matches
    2) Ask someone from your entourage to do it for you.
    3) Use the "colour grabber tool" from gimp for instance. Click on the reference to get the RGB values and use it when recolouring your uniforms instead of trusting your eyes. That's how I configured the RGB values in the uniform_to_faction_colour table.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Re the 113e, it seems to have had the standard fusilier unit unform, but I did find:
    Here is a drawing by Boiselier of their uniform before incorporation into France .
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

My words are invisibles..

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Steph, my "entourage"? Lol. I am alone in this work. Since the color problem with first greatcoat release, I have my sons check and PoE helps me too. Sometimes I share wip before such checks... and then oddities happen. Thanks for the other suggestion, and I will repost the current greatcoat unit some time.

PoE, thank you for the plates!

Ransan - Nice!

Carabinier, I don't understand. Did you look at post 1000?

Last edited by Pdguru; September 23, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Leggiero Toscano

For my friend Dramabelli - using PoE's illustration, here are the "Leggiero Toscano", infantry of the Kingdom of Etruria, prior to annexation into the French Army as the 113th Regiment - "Etruria o morte!":

And here without plumes...

Conscripts

And this will be the new French Conscripts unit - similar to the Volunteers unit in terms of performance. Note brown coats to bring some additional conformity to a newly raised and equipped regiment, but pants varied for 'on the march' and grey coats for drummer and officer. The new shako cover is also in use here.

Last edited by Pdguru; September 23, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

Nice!
    The looks much much more realistic

OLD SIG

Carabinier, I don't understand. Did you look at post 1000?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes goood now is very really skin plat..when you improve that shako skin on grenadiers, in the next patch for case??

Now lost only the cordon and tassel with those good shako skin .....true Pduguru

Patrician Artifex

Nice. To bad the belt have a clipping issue with the shoulders.

If only there could be new meshes to solve it

Or to avoid this

a mesh where the belt does that could be better

Hint: These meshes exist.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thanks for the update, Steph, but I don't have those meshes (I assume your team created them?). I have only what the vanilla game provides.