Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Default Re: Pdguru's Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    You're welcome, Vennonetes.

Well, having finished the Marines for Ordoprinceps, despite my threats of a pox on private parts in the OP, apart from a few good chaps above, there's been no feedback from the hundreds of downloaders. Such a pity; I tire too easily of one-ways streets. Therefore I will return to doing the units for my own use (and that of reciprocal friends), will continue to post pictures of the units I put together, and will welcome input.

Please all download what you intend to use from the OP before I take them down later today. For those who have the units already please continue to enjoy them but do not distribute in any way without my prior permission.

Anyone wishing to use the units or my illustrations of them for their own mods and marketing please give me a heads-up prior to doing so, and due credit in your mod information.

Cheers all.
    PDG,
    I feel very frustrated for you, that you do such excellent work that obviously hundreds of site visitors are enjoying and there is only a handful of us who acknowledge your very fine efforts. I would encourage you to continue your work despite the apparent lack of appreciation from people using your downloads.

I would submit to you sir that the very fact that your downloads are being used in great numbers is in and of itself a great compliment. There are many who are enjoying your units and there will be many in the future. Keep in mind that marketing statistics worldwide indicate that the overwhelming majority of any sample population will not take the time to write a letter of thanks or appreciation or even to fill out a brief surveys. In fact marketing statistics in the English-speaking world indicate that only about 1/10 of 1% of the sample population will actually respond with any level of feedback.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

You're welcome, Vennonetes.

Well, having finished the Marines for Ordoprinceps, despite my threats of a pox on private parts in the OP, apart from a few good chaps above, there's been no feedback from the hundreds of downloaders. Such a pity; I tire too easily of one-ways streets. Therefore I will return to doing the units for my own use (and that of reciprocal friends), will continue to post pictures of the units I put together, and will welcome input.

Please all download what you intend to use from the OP before I take them down later today. For those who have the units already please continue to enjoy them but do not distribute in any way without my prior permission.

Anyone wishing to use the units or my illustrations of them for their own mods and marketing please give me a heads-up prior to doing so, and due credit in your mod information.

Cheers all.
    Ah! The rep thing finally worked. +Rep for these excellent Marines!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Ordo - not sure why the unit name is not showing up. Make sure you deleted the last Names file and only have the new one in the data folder. If I understand you, the "skirmishers" thing does not mean they are light infantry - it's a setting so they can fire in multiple ranks. But they should not be able to go into open order, and if they can, I will remove that ability.
    I did not add a standard bearer because I don't believe as a unit formed from ships companies they would have a regimental flag - would they?

Regarding the feedback, I hear you - but those marketeers are talking about products for which people have paid. Personally, I think feedback (good or bad lol) is a courtesy one should expect when one shares things. Anyhow, there's always a few of you good folks who'll be interested in new skins and willing to chime in, so that's where I'll focus.

Anyway, glad you like the units.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 15, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

Ordo - not sure why the unit name is not showing up. Make sure you deleted the last Names file and only have the new one in the data folder. If I understand you, the "skirmishers" thing does not mean they are light infantry - it's a setting so they can fire in multiple ranks. But they should not be able to go into open order, and if they can, I will remove that ability.
    I did not add a standard bearer because I don't believe as a unit formed from ships companies they would have a regimental flag - would they?

Regarding the feedback, I hear you - but those marketeers are talking about products for which people have paid. Personally, I think feedback (good or bad lol) is a courtesy one should expect when one shares things. Anyhow, there's always a few of you good folks who'll be interested in new skins and willing to chime in, so that's where I'll focus.

PDG
    I had this from Wikipedia. I don’t have the info from Prince Essling (PE) and others on this site handy as I type these in word and then paste to the site. But I do think I remember something from PE saying that the detachments recruited from the fleet formed 32 battalions at battle Lipzieg I believe.
    After the French Fleet was essentially locked in ports because of the loss at Trafalgar battalions of Marine artillery were conscripted from the beached fleet, and included four regiments They served with Marshal Marmont's 6th Corps. Combined with sailor battalions, these fought as part of the Division de Marine at the battles of Lutzen, Bautzen, Dresden, and won high praise at the Battle of Leipzig. The Marine units were disbanded in 1815.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

I am happy with the line infantry fire by rank with these Marines, don't change it.
    Can you change so they line up in line rather than deep square at the time of assembly?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

regarding feed back. I will chime in you can count on that! You are an artist sir and a gentelman!
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    PDG
    I had this from Wikipedia. I don’t have the info from Prince Essling (PE) and others on this site handy as I type these in word and then paste to the site. But I do think I remember something from PE saying that the detachments recruited from the fleet formed 32 battalions at battle Lipzieg I believe.
    After the French Fleet was essentially locked in ports because of the loss at Trafalgar battalions of Marine artillery were conscripted from the beached fleet, and included four regiments They served with Marshal Marmont's 6th Corps. Combined with sailor battalions, these fought as part of the Division de Marine at the battles of Lutzen, Bautzen, Dresden, and won high praise at the Battle of Leipzig. The Marine units were disbanded in 1815.
    This is what I said: Taken from my French Regimental thread at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=408864

"Artillerie de la Marine
    On 5 May 1803 there were 12 battalions in 4 Regiments “Régiments de Artillerie de Marine” (1st & 2nd had 4 battalions; 3rd & 4th had 2 battalions). The battalions comprised 6 companies of 150 men (increased to 200 men in times of war). Regimental headquarters for 1st & 2nd Regiments 26 men; for 3rd & 4th 24 men. On 9 November 1804 renamed “Corps Impériale de l’Artillerie de la Marine”. The 2nd gained a 5th battalion in 1805.
    On 29 February 1812 company strength was increased to 250 men.
    The Regiments transferred from the Ministry of the Navy to the Ministry of War on 24 January 1813 and were reorganised into battalions of 6 companies of 140 men each. 6 battalions remained in the ports and 20 were to join Napoleon in Germany to serve in an infantry role in Marmont’s VI Corps. Although planned establishment was 1st Regiment (8 battalions); 2nd Regiment (10 battalions); 3rd & 4th Regiments (4 battalions) with some battalions to be filled out with new conscripts regimental commanders preferred to keep their battalions strong – so in practice deployment was 1st Regiment (5 battalions); 2nd Regiment (6 battalions); 3rd & 4th Regiments (3 battalions)."

In April 1813 the 1st Regiment (4 battalions) & 3rd Regiment (2 battalions) were in the 1st Brigade commanded by General de Brigade (GdB) Cacault (part of 20th Division commanded by General de Division (GdD) Comte Compans); the 2nd Regiment (6 battalions) & 4th Regiment (2 battalions) formed the 1st Brigade under GdB Buquet (21st Division commanded by GdD Bonet).

In August 1813, the 1st Regiment (5 battalions) was in the 1st Brigade (GdB Pelleport) of 20th Division (GdD Comte Compans); 3rd Regiment (3 battalions) part of 2nd Brigade (GdB Joubert) of 20th Division;
    the 4th Regiment (3 battalions) in the 1st Brigade (GdB Jamin) part of 21st Division (GdD Comte Lagrange), while 2nd Regiment (6 battalions) was in the 2nd Brigade (GdB Buquet) of the 21st Division.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Thanks PE,
    We were relying on your info. Depends on how we translate the numers in the game into the actual tens of thousands I suppose. I think in view of this info the new PdGuru Marines should have a Regimental Flag.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Decanus

Icon7 Re: Pdguru's Mods

Great Maester,
    I recognise people is not very thankful nowadays. Here in the so called Latin American coutries... they are the same. Hope the fact of the lack of feedback and gratitude do not stop your exquisite work. I just ask to our good forum a simple way to capture pics and send them for you all to see your regiments in action!. I know, it seems to be a silly question, but i do not know almost nothing related to this "modern things"
    Thank you Great Maester!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Great Maester,
    I recognise people is not very thankful nowadays. Here in the so called Latin American coutries... they are the same. Hope the fact of the lack of feedback and gratitude do not stop your exquisite work. I just ask to our good forum a simple way to capture pics and send them for you all to see your regiments in action!. I know, it seems to be a silly question, but i do not know almost nothing related to this "modern things"
    Thank you Great Maester!
    LOL.

I use FRAPS. If you download the free version, have it running in the background, and it enables you to take screen prints by pressing F10. Then you can crop the picture etc. And for that I use GIMP. Hope that helps!

Decanus

I find a way by pressing the "print screen" button of my keyboard... soon i´ll upload my first image

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    I find a way by pressing the "print screen" button of my keyboard... soon i´ll upload my first image
    Excellent news.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 15, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Tomorrow I will make a link available for a revised Marine unit deploying in 4 ranks, with a regimental standard, and up to 4 units recruitable in campaign (and the same in one-off battles) for those who request it. I will do the same for a revised Names file with a shortened version of PoE's info above.
    Last edited by Pdguru; February 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Decanus

Icon9 Re: Pdguru's Mods

I have used FRAPS as you recommneded and it works perfectly. The only drawback is that I´m not being able to upload the images...
    How can i upload it directly to this thread?
    Last edited by lordargento; February 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Decanus
    Last edited by lordargento; February 16, 2012 at 03:46 AM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

LOL.

I use FRAPS. If you download the free version, have it running in the background, and it enables you to take screen prints by pressing F10. Then you can crop the picture etc. And for that I use GIMP. Hope that helps!
    Can you made me a short list of plugins? Because a lot that I saw are for linux.

V.E.

PS the feedback
    The units are all amazing, they work perfectly, I never never saw a bug or something like that
    If somebody don't gave feedback it's not why they aren't enjoing the units, probably they aren't members of twc OR they are new

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

I tried to make a photo style like yours with GIMP

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Lordargento - Glad you got FRAPS going. Once you get GIMP or another image editing pasckage you can crop out the text boxes etc and you'll be crating masterpieces soon enough! PS: Those Walon guard are sweet, eh?

Vonnonetes - Nice picture!!!

Thank you both.

Thanks , try these, I used the Sunny Landscape filter .
    Hope it helps

V.E.

PS thanks again

OLD SIG

Another xD The colonnes d'attaque destroyed the english in Spain, may 1807 DMN H/H
    Natural version

Rain version

V.E.

OLD SIG