Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1978

Thread: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Equipment and Sounds

Definitely looks "leathery" to me as well. Excellent job as per usual.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

As said above : perfect now, its quite impressive how you managed to get this "shiny" look !
    Will you release them as a pack or in the next version of the global mod ?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    As said above : perfect now, its quite impressive how you managed to get this "shiny" look !
    Will you release them as a pack or in the next version of the global mod ?
    Glad you like it.

I'll probably issue a little patch pack with this unit and a couple of tweaks for the main mod pack. Hopefully this weekend sometime.

Cheques should be made payable to "Pdguru" and mailed to my private island in the caribbean ...

Last edited by Pdguru; January 04, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's FRENCH MOD: Uniforms and More!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor View Post
    Fantastic corsican tirailleurs! Mr Pdguru, do you take a time to sleep?

Regarding my PM, what do you think about this colour/tone?
    OK, I tried that light blue... but on those tight hungarian pants it looks like they are wearing a cross between some blue disco leggings and cheap blue jeans worn by hookers or 1980s teenagers,

Don't get me wrong - they have their place - but not on my battlefields... Sorry Mayor, but I'll have to stick with the darker blue for now.

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Having you tried the light blue and discarded... for me is enough. I´ve always thought the original (accurate according pictures) for some visual reason didn´t "look" realistic in the game, shinny and like if they were artificially "painted". Sorry not to send you the portuguese elite light Inf unit name (I had to check it and didn´t have time to do it) Btw, the shinny effect of the cross belt is a masterpiece as Beorix said. I´m looking forward to finish my Papal States 1792 LME campaign (facing old Pdgurian Tarleton´s helmet Inf - which I particullary love-) and lose myself in a sort of Pdgurian civil war .

So, cheques to "Pdguru French & Multinational Army Ltd.", Caiman Islands
    Last edited by Mayor; January 05, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

Hi just admiring your work.......yet again. In particular the mud on the trousers, how do you do that ? I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial. I would also like to put rips/patches in the uniforms, again how do you do that ? I thought I might as well ask "The Master" but any help from anyone would be a great help.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Stefankollers View Post
    Hi just admiring your work.......yet again. In particular the mud on the trousers, how do you do that ? I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial. I would also like to put rips/patches in the uniforms, again how do you do that ? I thought I might as well ask "The Master" but any help from anyone would be a great help.
    He, he. "Master?? You will have me blushing!

Regarding the Mud: The effect is achieved by "painting" the mud on with uniform colors (on the diffuse file) using different shades and brush types, so it's a matter of getting it to look right - as best one can. Now, rips and patches etc. would be done in the same way but you'd need to create a normal file to get the surface texture to look right. The problem is you will have to create many uniforms for one unit because individual blemishes appear on all the soldiers - and no two men would have a rip or patch in the exactly same place - so you have to have lots of uniforms on the one atlas for the unit, each with its own tears. Even then, the repetition can be very noticeable, especially as the same uniforms are often generated by the game in soldiers standing next to one another. With the muddy look on the ankles, the 'sameness' is less apparent... so it looks OK without multiple variants. I hope that helps.

Thank's for the very quick reply. Unfortunately the only modding I have done is with the DB Files changing unit size and the movement speed, also swopped a few things about regarding heads and legs and things. However I will try to use your good advice when I have more time. I have been trying to put a greatcoat on a British soldier without success....But I will keep on trying.......I do like the campaign look, rather than what I term "Parade ground" I guess modding is all about trial and error. Thanks again for the advice.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Yes, I agree with this light infantry legs regiment, would be fired again and again by them with a successfully charge *_*

..this sort of light blue result reminds me a light grey, maybe too many different from blue pants the hungarian infantry dress

..pdgurian civil war.. I know what this means: you're happy also if beaten on the battlefield

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

All,

A link to a file with the Tirailleurs Corses unit and an updated names file has been added to the bottom of the Opening Post.

Enjoy.

Feedback and pictures requested, as usual.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Pdguru's French and Allies: Uniforms, Artillery, Equipment and Sounds

Thank you for all !

Rep+

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thank you Iutland - much appreciated from a modder of your caliber and reputation.

Thank you Pukadog. It's always a pleasure to have you participating here with us all.

Beorix - I'm glad you like the Corsicans!

Do you think you might make a version of the global mod to incorporate Darthmod 2.6? I am having trouble having both together in my game...currently the only issue I am having is having the names of the units appear. I have no unit names and that is a big shame...must've be something I am not doing, or putting in the right place...or placing in the user.script.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Eisnhower - I dropped you a PM.

Trying something new for a change - looking to test if I can get the ship texture to look a but more natural (many coats of paint with dirt, gun soot and salt etc). You all know me by now - I like the on-campaign grubbiness!

Any comments from you all on these initial tests? And yes, I like my ships white.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post

Trying something new for a change - looking to test if I can get the ship texture to look a but more natural (many coats of paint with dirt, gun soot and salt etc). You all know me by now - I like the on-campaign grubbiness!

Any comments from you all on these initial tests? And yes, I like my ships white.

Good initiative, just remember to keep the Tar coating very dark

Tired of TWC Arrogance

This is just some fun experimenting, and as ever, there's always a bit of 'pd artistic license' here... but I can look at that if you can be more specific about what you mean. As I understand it, tarring of ships 'at sea' was on just about everything, but the main application was on non-running rigging and the lower hull (which CA depicts with with nice (too) shiny copper for those ships with it). The tar quickly becomes coated with salt above the waterline, and barnicles and other gunk below it.
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 09, 2013 at 08:31 AM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Why you always do everything amazing?

Great job!

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thanks, Vennonetes. Despite the views of the young masters of Twc I do seek to do new things, or at least do things differently so as to bring newness to the NTW community

I am enjoying it so far, so maybe it's "Pdguru's French Navy Mod next...? Lol. We'll see.

Anyhow, where is that "Triumph March" picture?