1st Place Most Popular Mod and Sub-Mod
PDGURU's FRENCH & ALLIES MOD
THESE FILES AND IMAGES MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED, AMENDED OR RE-USED USED IN PART OR WHOLE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.
NOTES on New Features on Release 10-3: The download contains the units below plus:
- New sounds - musket balls will whizz by your ears, and the impact of hits on the soldiers will render appropriate sounds, rather than the wailing banshees of vanilla.
- My European Equipment Mod with new brass drum, tricolor wrapped brass bugle.
- Eagles on the flagpole for appropriate infantry units (many thanks to Bart07 for this new addition).
- 2 completely new Hussar units, one "elite" with higher stats.
- A quality, rousing Version of La Marseilles for Main Menu music - this is a French mod after all.
- My original "Grouchymod" which replaces the in-battle music with the sound of distant guns and fighting; much more atmospheric - that looping music drove me crazy!.
- Completely revised French artillery pieces with more realistic wood - previously illustrated but not yet released (these are new and not the ones in my separatemod).
- Vanilla Line Infantry have the Campaign uniforms (separate veteran/campaign unit is recruitable as more skilled/experienced).
- New saddlecloth for the hussar horses (in addition to the more realsitic horses from the previous release).
Volunteer or Early Infantry
"Waterloo" Middle Guard
Italian Grenadier Guards (Imperial Guard)
Line Grenadiers (Early)
Line Grenadiers (Late)
Naples Departmental Fusilier Regiment
Régiments de Artillerie de Marine
24th Equipage (Sailors)
Voltiguer-Chassuer Imperial Guard
German Deserter Regiment
Conscript-Grenadier Imperial Guard
Fusilier-Grenadiers Imperial Guard
Chasseurs de Ile de France
Naples 2nd Chasseurs
110e Regiment Fusiliers (Projected Uniform)
Walcheren Regiment (Spain)
Wuttemberg Guard Grenadiers
Wuttemberg Guard Jagers
Batallion de Chasseurs de Flessingue
Spanish Grenadiers - Regiment Princess Ancien
Legere Infantry Carabiniers (7eme)
Old Guard Grenadiers Reserve
Naples Veterans of the Guard
Gendarmes of the Imperial Guard
Naples Securite Regiment
113eme 'Voltaggieri' (Leggiero Toscano after French annexation) - Created here as a voltiguer regiment
French "Peninsula" Fusiliers
Napoleon and Staff
Napoleon Alternative Version
Carabinier Heavy Cavalry
Cuirassier Heavy Cavalry
Grenadiers a Cheval
Imperial Guard Gendarme Cavalry
French Departmental Regiment
Dragoon Cavalry Regiment
New Swords (blade and hilt)
New Horse Head (new eyes and leatherwork/bit)
Hussars (note some wearing jacket some on shoulder)
Regimental Gun (add-on mod below)
Brass drums, bugle and the eagle:
THESE FILES MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED, AMENDED OR RE-USED USED IN PART OR WHOLE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.
**NOTE: Thanks go to Steph for the use of his pompom on select units!**
**NOTE: Thanks go to Bart07 for the use of his flagpole eagle!**
**NOTE: Thanks go to Prince of Essling for his input on which units would have an eagle**
**NOTE: Thanks go to Centaure for testing
- Campaign Fusiliers: Full of variety and more realistic-looking field garb - experienced and more skilled fusiliers. Please note that fusiliers from vanilla or other mods using the vanilla unit name will automaticaly adopt these uniforms too.
- Voltiguer-Chassuer Imperial Guard
- German Deserter Regiment
- 14th Legere
- Regiment "Preussen"
- Conscript-Grenadier Imperial Guard
- Fusilier-Grenadiers Imperial Guard
- Chasseurs de Ile de France
- Regiment Frankfurt
- Naples 2nd Chasseurs
- 110e Regiment Fusiliers (Projected Uniform)
- Walcheren Regiment (Spain)
- Wuttemberg Guard Grenadiers
- Wuttemberg Guard Jagers
- Batallion de Chasseurs de Flessingue
- "Waterloo" Middle Guard
- Naples Departmental
- Marine (not Guard) Infantry (re-released)
- 24th Equipage (re-released)
- Italian Grendiers, Imperial Guard
- Combined Grenadier Companies (early)
- Combined Grenadier Companies (late)
- Spanish Grenadiers Princesse Ancien
- Volunteer Regiment/Early Fusiliers
- Conscript Regiment
- Leggiero Toscano (later 113e)
- Naples Marines
- Naples Veterans of the Guard
- Naples Securite Regiment
- Legere Carabiniers
- Gendarmes of the Imperial Guard
- Old Guard Grenadier Reserve
- 131e 'Voltaggieri'
- "Peninsular" Fusiliers
- Carabinier Heavy Cavalry Regiment
- Cuirassier Heavy Cavalry Regiment
- New Napoleon and Staff
- New French Departmental Regiment
- New Foot Dragoons Unit
- New Dragoon Cavalry Regiment
- New Sappers Unit (100 men combined from regiments into a small but strong assault unit)
- New Grenadiers a Cheval Regiment
- New Imperial Guard Gendarmes Cavalry Regiment
- Hussar Regiment (based on uniform of 1st Regiment)
- Hussar 'Elite' Regiment (based on uniform of 12th Regiment)
Red units have the new faces shown above.
NOTES on OG Reserve. This is a big unit of 395 men (2 unit recruitable). It's relentless, powerful and can be used to swing the battle just like my old cavalry reserve unit/concept. While it starts in a column, it is not like the colonne d'attaque - it's a normal unit with powerful firepower. It only costs "1" to buy and can be recuited with basic buildings - because where there is Napoleon there should be this unit! Maintenances costs are required, of course. This unit has been revised to improve the bearskin plate and now has the broader, earlier plastron, pre the reforms. Enjoy this new powerhouse!
NOTES on Sappers. This is an adaptation of an existing mesh which means the uniform has certain innacuracies and limitations.
2. Regimental Artillery Gun: This is a single gun unit to represent a period in 1812 where 3lb guns were asigned to infantry regiments to provide thier own support, psychological benefit, and increased firepower. NOTE: It only works with my main mod pack. Also use the latest text.pack for the name and description. Pack below.
3. Corsican Tirailleurs: Download contains a pack that will add the Corsican unit only, and also an updated names file so the unit name appears. Place the unit pack in the data folder and add to your user.script. Pack below.
I am done with modding for the foreseable future, and hope you all have enjoyed my work here!