Thread: Warcraft a project by windseller

Default Warcraft a project by windseller

in order to make myself happy i started to create my own mod for rtw based on the blizzard game series of warcraft. this mod would be mostly based on warcraft 3.
    everyone has heard of world of warcraft but in my opinion the original has far more style so i decided to make this mod for the strategy warcraft games. but i like the engines of total war games because of these big battles so a combination of this was a nice dream of mine that im going to TRY to make real. the only problem is that modding rome total war is a hell of a lot of work so people that would agree to help me out with this mod are allways welcome.

... so if anyone is interested in helping me out with this stuff id be very happy and if the public interest in this project grows i would give you some wip and finished materials done by me for this mod.
    i hope this reaches some people with interest and freetime :laughing: :wink:
    Mentee to MasterOfThessus

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Default Re: Warcraft a project by windseller

I seem to remember there was a starcraft mod that was shut down in not so uncertain way by blizzard...
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

good luck finding anyone who can model, it most of the time is best if the leader can do something too. Besides wouldnt it be better if you waited for MTW2
    What kind of units are there?

@spirit_of_rob ouuuh that sounds ugly but are you sure that blizzard goes through some kind of forum that has normally nothing to do with their type of games?? but indeed i thought a long time about what name i should give the mod. but i have to figure out what happens on myself :laughing:

@mac89 yeah erm well i did the modelling job for the units i have finished yet on myself i just wanted to wait and see if there is interest in this mod and yeees i thought about waiting on medieval2 but i have a lot of free time now... i cannot say at the moment if i will have the time when m2 comes out

Warcraft 3 was my favourite game.
    Good idea amod like wc3.
    Good luck.

its sad that this thread catched far less interest than i hoped it would
    but i will try to get more people listen to me now as i have a bit of time for advertising
    :laughing:

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Quote Originally Posted by Windseller
    @spirit_of_rob ouuuh that sounds ugly but are you sure that blizzard goes through some kind of forum that has normally nothing to do with their type of games?? but indeed i thought a long time about what name i should give the mod. but i have to figure out what happens on myself :laughing:
    Sorry i forgot i commented in here hehe yeah im sure thats what happened i dont know how they found out about etc but im sure thats what the outcome was. Just rename it change the details etc

As for your other problem im afraid there just arent the modders- especially modellers around to help on every project particularly ones starting so late (in terms on RTW release)
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone