Thread: Is it just me or...

Default Is it just me or...

Am I the only one who experiences square-like graphics on catapults and trebuchets flaming projectiles (custom campaign mod 2)? . I've also noticed that mangonels haven an exploding animation, but I can't actually see the fire falling down. Although they do damage. Also, I can't see the fire with greek fire units. Are these know bugs, or is it my configuration?

Last edited by Comrade Roboto; December 08, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Default Re: Is it just me or...

I don't have this issue, and it might not be CCM2 related. Do you get the same bug with these units in Kingdoms? If not, have you made any changes or applied any sub-mods to CCM2?
    Last edited by Unspoken Knight; December 09, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Thanks for your reply!

I've checked with america's and everything was fine there. So it must be my settings, or a submod. I believe I applied realistic horses, new battle captain model (had to alter the edu for this one), new campaignmap siege and port blockade models (instead of vanilla stakes around the cities). Both taken from SS. Also, I've changed the king campaing map model, because yours missed a sword when sieging. Also taken from SS.

Honestly I don't see where the problem could be. Don't really want to reinstall because I'm doing a nice campaing with HRE.

I think the flame effects for the mangonel and greek firethrower are specified in the descr_flaming_projectiles.txt file. It is possible one of the sub mods has overwritten this file. The CCM2 one should be 17,871 bytes in size and have an effect entry for "greek_fire".
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Aha, thanks for that. I forgot to mention that I also installed crimson tide, which replaces descr_flaming_projectiles.txt. Problem solved!
    Thanks for a quick reply & solution.