Thread: Turn Times

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Default Turn Times

I have been scouring this forum looking for a way to change the turn times to four turns a year or even twelve turns a year on Rome: Total war and the Rome: Gold Edition I am getting in the mail tomorrow.

I have been playing Total War games since I was young, back in the days when Shogun was all that was out. And something always sort of bugged me how so much time gets skipped in the turns.

I would like to have twelve turns or six turns to the year, which increases my gameplay time overall by increasing the amount of turns I acn play. Someone please correct me if this is wrong. And I would edit the movement points of my armies accordingly on the campaign map to something I feel would be more realistic to having so many turns equal one year.

Does anyone know if I can do this without bugging up the game outrageously? And, if they do, can someone please tell me how? I am not a very good computer guy, so complete and detailed answers are greatly wished for.

I promise +rep for good answers. I appreciate it, folks.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Turn Times

I don't have the link but there is a program you have to download to do this as in RTW the turns per year are scripted in. I'll take a look and try to find the program but I personally have never tried to make more turns per year I've just heard about how to do it.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by bonez899 View Post
    I don't have the link but there is a program you have to download to do this as in RTW the turns per year are scripted in. I'll take a look and try to find the program but I personally have never tried to make more turns per year I've just heard about how to do it.
    Thank you, mate. I am looking forward to hearing about that. +rep.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201727 There one better that is the complete guide for RTW and includes all links to downloads that are required.